Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

I'm sitting in my coffee eating this thread and it's caution (with apologies to Lewis Carroll).

Here's my POTD (pen o' the day)--a Lamy Accent Palladium with the grip section switched out for one from a Lamy Brilliant. It has a 1.1 italic nib and is filled with J. Herbin Éclat de Saphir:

http://i62.tinypic.com/1z5npfn.jpg

Edited by sotto2

http://i59.tinypic.com/ekfh5f.jpg

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey there, since there does not seem to be a separate section for posting introductions (ok, found it), I'll simply go for this thread without meaning to hijack it, of course ;)

12880664943_a3b2f9acac_b.jpg
sample 02.03.2013 von Phyxiator auf Flickr

Sigh, I forgot to put a pen on this picture... Well, let me just assume you guys and gals all know what an Ahab looks like ;)

Edited by Phyxiator

Welcome Chris, very nice handwriting IMHO

I'm jealous :)

edit:

Oups wrong forum, sorry...

Edited by Jeje3325

Hey there, since there does not seem to be a separate section for posting introductions (ok, found it), I'll simply go for this thread without meaning to hijack it, of course ;)

sample 02.03.2013 von Phyxiator auf Flickr

Sigh, I forgot to put a pen on this picture... Well, let me just assume you guys and gals all know what an Ahab looks like ;)

A German using an American fountain pen. How charmingly backwards :)

---

Kenneth Moyle

Hamilton, Ontario

Welcome Chris, very nice handwriting IMHO

I'm jealous :)

Thank you ;)

There's no reason to be jealous, though. I had some time on my hands and figured out this script and now I'm working on my writing itself. I have not been doing this for very long.

A German using an American fountain pen. How charmingly backwards :)

Haha, yes, the normal case seems to be exactly vice versa. I do have a good amount of German pens either. As far as US pens go, I do have three Parkers here if that helps my case :D

Hi Uncle Red,

you discovered a gap of education, it´s always interesting to chat with you as I learn often something new, thanks. :)

Anyway I spotted a "real" Turtle nearby (you might remember Squirt the little turtle in "Finding Nemo"). ;)

12886680805_aaf847b300_o.jpg

(Faber Castell PITT)

(Faber Castell Polychromos)

Edited by Pterodactylus

I'm sitting in a coffee shop three doors from my apartment drinking hibiscus tea (it's too late for me to have coffee) and looking at the 2-3 inches (50-75 mm) of snow we got today.

post-71947-0-38586000-1393791967_thumb.jpg

post-71947-0-81689000-1393791982_thumb.jpg

I'm sitting in a coffee shop three doors from my apartment drinking hibiscus tea (it's too late for me to have coffee) and looking at the 2-3 inches (50-75 mm) of snow we got today.

The Duke is 43.3 g inked with converter (26.1g body without cap). It is a lovely pen to write with and I like the looks as well.

Edited by cybaea

I am no longer very active on FPN but feel free to message me. Or send me a postal letter!

I love mechanical pencils... That's why I like very much my sets... Like this Parker 61...

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc383/edulpj/Parker%2061/SAM_2352.jpg

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing!!!

Ooh, I like it. I've being eyeing a Waterman Kultur.

They are amazing writers!

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

I really enjoy Leigh Reyes and others like her who make the inky videos, so I thought I'd try one.... uuugh... they are haaarrrrd to create well. I couldn't get the ink to run along a wet path, so I ended up with this basic writing thing... At least I can review my technique now with some video the way I study golf swing mechanics.... and I managed to NOT spill any ink on my lap!

...not sure why the pic is upside down and I need to work on my lowercase r and s.

Edited by Finalist

Finalist - Very cool, I like your handwriting style.

How'd you like the nib? Is it as scratchy as it sounds in the video?

Keep it up! :)

Joe

Edited by Apprenti

Finalist - Very cool, I like your handwriting style.

How'd you like the nib? Is it as scratchy as it sounds in the video?

Keep it up! :)

Joe

Thanks, but my writing is just a poor rip off of the famous youtuber, immovablemovers. I'm trying hard to learn that style and then I'll add my own twists later.

The custom needle point is scratchy and I love it! After a few days it's actually less scratchy because I got use to extremely light pressure. I really enjoy the sounds this pen makes. It sounds like art. Also, another benefit is all my other pens feel even more buttery after writing with the Spencerian Falcon. It's like all my plain nibs got an upgrade!