Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

That Parker Black Giant looks like the pen that Shrek would use as a daily writer! I wonder what market niche that one was made to corner.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think, and I could be wrong here, that the obscure reference in Mel Brook's Young Frankenstein to "schwanzstucker" is in fact a reference to tringle's pen, the Parker Black Giant.

http://videosift.com/video/He-would-have-an-enormous-Schwanzstucker

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

David - another perfect marriage of pen & ink.

Pterodactylus - you're right, Bruce is a star. A naughty one, but a star nonetheless.

Tringle - Portraits, argghh. My Achilles heal.
From a very young age I was always into comics & cartoons but no matter how hard I tried, I could never draw super heroes from my mind. So I stopped trying.

The same goes for portraits. Couldn't make them realistic, nor could I caricature them. Gutted.

I quite often sketch human shapes in museums, parks, beaches etc but very rarely faces. I become too quickly frustrated with my inadequacies.

I'd love to see your brothers portrait of you. Dig it out and share.

So lovely to see that gargantuan Parker of yours again. Gorgeous.

That Vacumatic is very handsome too though.

Edited by Tas

Ah, the Akkerman bottles scandal eh . . . :lticaptd:

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b619/Pterodactylus_me/Show_response_567_zpsd06ae9d2.jpg

(Parker 45 FLighter - F ..... Rohrer & Klingner Leipziger Schwarz)

Ptero:

The late US Senator Paul Wellstone was the only person who voted "No" in the choice to invade Iraq in 2003, which, as it turned out, was based on the false premise that they had weapons of mass destruction. They didn't. Obviously this is not of the same import here, but defending your decision is a noble thing and should always have a voice in the debate.

Edited by Sinistral1

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b619/Pterodactylus_me/Show_response_567_zpsd06ae9d2.jpg

(Parker 45 FLighter - F ..... Rohrer & Klingner Leipziger Schwarz)

Fear not, you're not alone . . .

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/260133-pw-akkerman-new-smaller-size/?p=2894405

Ptero:

The late US Senator Paul Wellstone was the only person who voted "No" in the choice to invade Iraq in 2003, which, as it turned out, was based on the false premise that they had weapons of mass destruction. They didn't. Obviously this is not of the same import here, but defending your decision is a noble thing and should always have a voice in the debate.

True dat.

*as the youth would say.

I don't know why I risk coming on this thread; I always come away suffering from Pen Envy (a given) but also Ink Envy. It's just a matter of time before I give in and purchase some Diamine Oxblood, I just know it...

http://i62.tinypic.com/2dvsnb5.jpg

A while ago a very kind FPN member sent me a message asking if I would like a WHOLE BOX of my favourite brown cartridges - Parker Mocha.

I can't thank him enough. I've tried many a time to mix a version up myself and match it but never really nailed it.

I think I only had three cartridges left when he messaged me. Talk about timing!

I sketched this with him in mind - It was portrait attempt (see I told you tringle it was my Achilles heal), it went all wrong so I turned it into a generic "icon".

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_shaughn_mocha_p45.jpg

The Parker 45 medium nib is not a favourite for sketches but it's my "Mocha Parker" - it's only ever had Mocha in it and have kept it so.

I left the room to make a coffee only to return and find Rosa (Bruce's mum) sat ON the sketch.
Hmm . . . She must be thinking "why didn't he use The Ahab or the Mont Blanc 3-42"

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_rosa.jpg

grainweavel, I'm certain you'll end up with some Oxblood. It's a lovely lovely red.

I use the same Vac 700 and ink combo as you but never dared to touch my nib, it's gorgeous. I hope yours works out :)

Edited by Tas