Don't Just Tell Us About The Pen You're Using, *show* Us!

OcalaFlGuy

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• tringle

• Uncle Red

• dcpritch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First scribbling with my new Faber Castell Polychromos colour pencils and my Ahab.

http://imageshack.us/a/img600/369/euqi.jpg

(Noodler´s Ahab EMF ..... Rohrer & Klingner Salix)

(Faber Castell Polychromos)

I love your drawings.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Ptero : Beauuuuuuutiful drawing. Simple but stunning. Hope we will see more of such drawings in future, of course work - life balance is priority.

dcpritch: Lovely vintage pen + your writing. The ink compliments nicely.

akustyk : I envy your penmanship :lol: Now my wish-list is redone. I want a V- HS as item #1.

fpn_1380047786__img_6197_1024x577.jpg

Last weekend I worked on a nifty little fountain pen made by Eggens-Hambler Co (EHCO) in the early 1920s for Stambaugh-Thompson, a New England store which continues in business today as a hardware/home center chain. The styling of this pen is pretty neat with a very pronounced finger grip at the end of the section, and the nib is pretty nice, too.

fpn_1380048016__ehco_rmhr_ringtop_3_916x

fpn_1380048060__ehco_rmhr_ringtop_2_1024

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Ptero - WOW WOW AND DOUBLE WOW!!! We have an artiste in the network!

KrazyIvan - Gorgeous looking Kaweco.

Akustyk - My Visconti HS has flow issues, I have tried numerous times to flush the pen, remove the nib and clean the feed, blah blah blah, and it stops and starts in the most in opportune times. One good bit of news, I am able to use my Sailor 1911 with the H-EF nib. I found the error of my ways. Too much pressure when I write. So I am enjoying using the pen.

dcpritch - Great looking pens as always, If you ever want to bequest them to a friend, I would be honored to be the recipient. :rolleyes:

Well, I received two really cool packages on monday from different parts of the country.

Package 1 - Two beautiful bottles of Akkerman ink. I am desperately using up the ink contained in my desk set.

Ink #1 Shocking Blue Ink #2 Iron Gallus

Package 2 - My great aunt passed away earlier this year as my mother was cleaning the house she came across two pens. A Parker 51 vacumatic, a Parker 21 and a vintage Sheaffer pen case.

Pterodactylus - YES I know there are no photos, had a very long week, I think dcpritch is rubbing off some of his work on me. :P

fpn_1380118165__img_6212_826x1024.jpg

fpn_1380118195__delta_500_fusion_nib_776

fpn_1380118222__delta_500_fusion_nib_2_1

fpn_1380118246__delta_500_fusion_nib_1_7

I sold a pen not long ago on the FPN Classifieds and it was returned for some work, heading back today. I took some extra time to adjust the nib and ink flow and I think the new owner is going to like it. Here are a couple of photos:

fpn_1380118382__gold_bond_pearl_and_blac

fpn_1380118449__gold_bond_pearl_and_blac

— Samuel Johnson

I've never heard of a Mercury, that's a cool little pen. I really like the OMAS 360. :thumbup:

— Samuel Johnson

akustyk :

Sailor is a great pen, particularly with music nib. I agree its amazingly smooth. But here is a caveat - only your wonderful handwriting makes it look so great !

david :

Wow, lovely lovely delta fusion stub. But again the same caveat a/a - I wonder if the nib is so great or your great handwriting has made it look so !

tringle :

Love that Omas 360 and its stunning color. Omas is arguably one of the best writers. And the baby pen is so cute. Preserve it for your kids :)