georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,576 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 April 2012 - 20:37

Good evening

I need some enlightment, I bought two legacy 2 of which I made a review in the review section. I however need your experience to know how well compares the touch down 2 against the original touchdown which means ink capacity, ability of cleaning the system and durability.

Thanks in advance for your help

best regards

georges
Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time
Posted Image

#2 jar

jar

A Vintage Pen has to be older than me.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,416 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 April 2012 - 21:23

I never noticed much difference in durability, function or how much ink they used, but if it fails it's a lot easier to just open the pen and drop in either a new Legacy TD style converter or one of the old press style converters than resacing one of the original TDs.

How pierceful grows the hazy yon! How myrtle petaled thou! For spring hath sprung the cyclotron - How high browse thou, brown cow? -- Churchy LaFemme, 1950

Anyone so limited that they can only spell a word one way suffers a severe handicap. -- jar

The last pen I bought will be the next to last pen I ever buy! --jar

#3 Ernst Bitterman

Ernst Bitterman

Nil Magnum Nisi Bonum

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 April 2012 - 15:36

On the other hand, if the tail seals fail it's a great big problem because it needs special tools to dismantle.

On the gripping hand, it is somewhat easier to clean because the converter can be dismounted and an ear-bulb full of water applied to the section.
Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.