Masculine Pens

Soer

I have a Parker 51 that was owned by a gentleman who was young Lt. in the USMC during the Korean War. He carried it throughout his deployment in the cold, very harsh conditions of the Korean winter. That pen was in the Battle of Choisan Reservoir- the original owner was one of the "Frozen Choisan".

In my mind, therefore, that pen, blue Parker 51 is a warrior's pen, cant beat that.

When I was given that pen, all it needed was a sac replacement, and a thorough cleaning and polishing, and I treasure it.

It's incredible how a seemingly small object such as a pen can connect people over time and distance. Thank you for sharing this!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• andybiotic

• 79spitfire

• Brian K

• Scrawler

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a Parker 51 that was owned by a gentleman who was young Lt. in the USMC during the Korean War. He carried it throughout his deployment in the cold, very harsh conditions of the Korean winter. That pen was in the Battle of Choisan Reservoir- the original owner was one of the "Frozen Choisan".

In my mind, therefore, that pen, blue Parker 51 is a warrior's pen, cant beat that.

When I was given that pen, all it needed was a sac replacement, and a thorough cleaning and polishing, and I treasure it.

This thread was over before it really began...I missed this earlier, but even if that man had carried the Hello Kitty FP, it would remain the most masculine pen of the lot!

This thread was over before it really began...I missed this earlier, but even if that man had carried the Hello Kitty FP, it would remain the most masculine pen of the lot!

Hello Kitty in the Marines? oooo... you are just asking for it! :roflmho:

Edited by andybiotic
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb345/Andybiotics/Writing%20Samples/P1020494j-1reversedcolour.jpg

"79spitfire", I must be showing my age.

I've seen the acronym FTW (on FPN before), but not in relation with anything I've written.

The little "picture thingy" after it, I believe means something positive, but the "FTW" is a mystery.

God bless Brian Goulet, to have a list of common abbreviations on a new section of his web- site.

Must check there is it is listed.

Cheers: tinta

I checked there (Goulet's) & FTW was not in there. Must not be an FP related term.

ed: additional comment

Sorry about that! It was meant as For The Win! I believe you when you say "Any pen I use is a Manly Pen"

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

I've known some Marines that would carry one just to see if anyone had the ba...er...gumption to say anything about it.

Grace and Peace are already yours because God is the Creator of all of life and Jesus Christ the Redeemer of each and every life.

I've known some Marines that would carry one just to see if anyone had the ba...er...gumption to say anything about it.

Well, if you are the higher ranking officer (sorry, don't know the correct ranks for the marines) then hack no but if you are a freshman..... :roflmho:

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb345/Andybiotics/Writing%20Samples/P1020494j-1reversedcolour.jpg

Any pen a US Marine would carry into battle has got to be a manly pen!

I've got some military clip Sheaffers that I'm pretty sure went overseas and back. While I'm not sure if they were in the Marines or not, I think of them as manly! (and one is a 'Lady's' size pen, with her name on it. She used it a lot too from the posting wear! Definitely a "had business to do, and got it done" pen!)

Ok not so much 'manly' as truly 'womanly'....

:ltcapd:

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

I think they would carry the Hello Kitty pen mentioned above as a joke, for fun... but seriously, into a battle? actually using one on the job? :roflmho:

Edited by andybiotic

If I had a Hello Kitty pen, I would hunt down the last surviving bottle of Levenger Pinkly, and dare anyone to make an off colour remark about it. I am old and grizzled enough and have a lifetime of practice glowering offensively. The Hello Kitty is a tough guy's pen. It is for the guy who is not intimidated and secure enough in his masculinity to not care what feeble imaginings go on in the mind of the lesser endowed.

Well, said Scrawler!

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

Masculine: Delta Oversize DV Oro ('the bowling ball') and the MB Jules Verne with the posted cap resembling a millstone on a 146.

Womanly pens (thus spake the morons at work) were the WM Leman 100 and MB 144.

If I had a Hello Kitty pen, I would hunt down the last surviving bottle of Levenger Pinkly, and dare anyone to make an off colour remark about it. I am old and grizzled enough and have a lifetime of practice glowering offensively. The Hello Kitty is a tough guy's pen. It is for the guy who is not intimidated and secure enough in his masculinity to not care what feeble imaginings go on in the mind of the lesser endowed.

Yep! I agree, one would have to be particularly tough not to care what everyone else thinks and dress like this, same with a Hello Kitty pen! :thumbup:

Edited by andybiotic

Yep! I agree, one would have to be particularly tough not to care what everyone else thinks and dress like this, same with a Hello Kitty pen! :thumbup:

Now that is a real hero. :thumbup:

Hi Folks,

Which fountain pen you find masculine.

My Visconti HM is very masculine and MB149, and the Pelikan M800 green srtripe.

Are there anymore that you find to be masculine and or feminine pen.

What are yours.

Orange Pens- Male Or Female ( What Colors Are Feminine? ) I'm stressed out with orange!...

follow the url... .

http://www.fountainp...s-are-feminine/

Fred

Look Dave..I can see you're really upset about this.

I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly take a stress

pill and think things over.. ~ HAL 9000 ~

Hi Folks,

Which fountain pen you find masculine.

My Visconti HM is very masculine and MB149, and the Pelikan M800 green srtripe.

Are there anymore that you find to be masculine and or feminine pen.

What are yours.

Orange Pens- Male Or Female ( What Colors Are Feminine? ) I'm stressed out with orange!...

follow the url... .

http://www.fountainp...s-are-feminine/

Fred

Look Dave..I can see you're really upset about this.

I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly take a stress

pill and think things over.. ~ HAL 9000 ~

I haven't met a woman who asked to try out that orange pen from my collection yet, except as a joke.

I think the TWSBI Diamond 540 is a pretty masculine pen. You can tinker with it yourself and see all the mechanics. Those are both fairly stereotypical masculine qualities.

Of mine, I would consider the following to be masculine:

• Rotring 600
  • Lamy 2000
  • Cross Townsend (black and gold)
  • Graf von Faber-Castell Classic in ebony
  • Waterman Edson Sapphire
  • Visconti Homo Sapiens and Art Nouveau

I should also add that as overdone as the Stallone pen is, there is a less refined part of me that really digs it... :ninja: Then again, I've had my eye on this one for a while too: Nakaya Portable Sumiko "Skull"

Collection Counts: Cross-4, Esterbrook-15, Eversharp-1, Graf von Faber-Castell-1, Jinhao-2, Kaweco-1, Lamy-6, Levenger-2, Monteverde-1, Pilot/Namiki-3, Noodler's-1, Parker-18, Rotring-10, Sailor-1, Sheaffer-19, TWSBI-1, Visconti-4, Waterford-1, Waterman-7

Favorite Inks: Diamine, Levenger, Private Reserve, Noodler's Lexington Gray

Masculine traits: dark color, matte, large/thick, modern, bold patterns, heavy, angular

Feminine traits: narrow/thin, light/pastel color, shiny, small, fine details/patterns, rounded

http://www.pens4less.com/PORSCHE/PorscheFountainPen.jpg

My choice, although stainless without the gold is "mas macho".

Cheers,

“It’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness