2013 Writers Series

jar

Are Abdul Alhazred, Randolph Carter, Arkady Darrell and Emmanuel Goldstein the short list names for the 2013 Writes Edition?

My Website

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• karmakoda

• jar

• BrandonA

• Pen Nut

Emanuel Goldstein :roflmho: That would be fun to see.

"Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps down new roads armed with nothing but their own vision." - Ayn Rand

I may be getting older, but I REFUSE to GROW UP!

Not to hijack the thread, but I wonder if at some point the "Writers Editions" pens are going to become an anachronism in the future since current writers are writing their works on computers/cellphones/tablets and publishing via the web/facebook/twitter/etc. It seems to me that either the WE will become either more focused on pre-late 20th Century/21st Century writers (which still gives them a lot of leeway) or they'll have to modify the WE for writers who wouldn't normally use a pen to write their works.

Just my 2 cents...Canadian, that is! ;)

Not to hijack the thread, but I wonder if at some point the "Writers Editions" pens are going to become an anachronism in the future since current writers are writing their works on computers/cellphones/tablets and publishing via the web/facebook/twitter/etc. It seems to me that either the WE will become either more focused on pre-late 20th Century/21st Century writers (which still gives them a lot of leeway) or they'll have to modify the WE for writers who wouldn't normally use a pen to write their works.

I don't think it really matters how they write it, pen/paper or typewriter or computer/tablet. The way in which they are released, ie ebooks may be interesting. I think though as look as the author becomes a classic they are in with a chance, I think though for any current writer to become a classic will take many years. Also books are themed on the book content, therefore as long as an author has things which symbolise them MB will be able to include them on a pen.

Here's a question though, which single city was the birth place of three authors chosen to have a WE themed after them?

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Interesting thought but its not as if all the WEs only focussed on writers who used exclusively or even mostly a fountain pen....Christie used a typewriter and Dickens wrote before widespread use of fountain pens.....really the WE series is nothing to do with the writers' love or even use of FPs....

Interesting thought but its not as if all the WEs only focussed on writers who used exclusively or even mostly a fountain pen....Christie used a typewriter and Dickens wrote before widespread use of fountain pens.....really the WE series is nothing to do with the writers' love or even use of FPs....

Good point indeed, not to mention Cervantes, Faulkner, ...

http://blogs.20minutos.es/yaestaellistoquetodolosabe/files/2011/11/El-manco-de-Lepanto.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_i97pIgbPHXs/St0fq3OGXeI/AAAAAAAAAKc/s5nsBfj1dao/s400/William-faulkner.jpg

Edited by Faulkner

Hmmm, tough question - Dublin and London each claim two WE Honorees. I thought it might be London but Dickens was born in Portsmouth. There are several French writers born near Paris...

Hmmm. Good question. I'll keep looking for an answer.

Vintner.

I don't think it really matters how they write it, pen/paper or typewriter or computer/tablet. The way in which they are released, ie ebooks may be interesting. I think though as look as the author becomes a classic they are in with a chance, I think though for any current writer to become a classic will take many years. Also books are themed on the book content, therefore as long as an author has things which symbolise them MB will be able to include them on a pen.

Here's a question though, which single city was the birth place of three authors chosen to have a WE themed after them?

That's why they shouldn't honour anyone who hasn't been dead for over 100 years.

:meow:

While I focus primarily on the "Lost Generation" (what about James Joyce?) I have always been more attracted to the design of the pen. I gave up on Hemingway a long time ago but not Dumas. Any time you set up a Hall of Fame some think there is a point of diminishing returns.

Wilde, Shaw + Swift = Dublin

um...maybe I am missing something...

Abdul Alhazred -> as in HP Lovecraft?

Because I've been DYING for MB to do HP Lovecraft...but why Abdul Alhazred? Is it not more appropriate to do Cthulhu?!?!!

A Cthulhu pen would SELL! (if done tastefully)

I would most definitely be on the waiting list that’s for sure!

A Pen with "the great old one" done in a MB way...would be seriously nice

Hmmm, tough question - Dublin and London each claim two WE Honorees. I thought it might be London but Dickens was born in Portsmouth. There are several French writers born near Paris...

Hmmm. Good question. I'll keep looking for an answer.

Vintner.

It's Dublin, they've had Wilde, Shaw and new for 2012 Swift. The o ly thing that can beat this are two countries: France (Voltaire, Verne, Dumas and Proust) and USA (Hemingway, Poe, Fitzgerald, Faulkner and Twain)

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Because I've been DYING for MB to do HP Lovecraft...but why Abdul Alhazred? Is it not more appropriate to do Cthulhu?!?!!

I would most definitely be on the waiting list that's for sure!

What has Cthulhu written lately?

My Website

I think that must be the most iconic response I got from FPN yet lol!

To answer your question: Cthulhu is the most famous character devised by the author: HP Lovecraft.

so the pen would be honoring HP Lovecraft....but stylisticaly I would hope they choose a Cthulhu theme, much like 2012 Pinocchio.

To answer your question: Cthulhu is the most famous character devised by the author: HP Lovecraft.

so the pen would be honoring HP Lovecraft....but stylisticaly I would hope they choose a Cthulhu theme, much like 2012 Pinocchio.

But not a writer. This is to honor writers.

My Website

James Joice would have to be MB's first Eyedropper and at least the size of a 149. :rolleyes:

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

...MB's first Eyedropper...

Sacrilege!! Oh, wait .... I can SO see me with an teensy little eye dropper from the pharmacy .... and me painting a snow peak on it with tipex. Would be way stylish :happyberet:

[Edit] I meant the eye dropper TOOL, from the pharmacy. Unless MB brings out an accompanying dropper (suitably 'splatted' for $50 I would think ;)) to go with the pen. [/Edit]

Edited by NeelsK

• 3 months later...

A Joyce would be cool, but how would they make a pen that was intentionally done to be hard to understand?

All joking aside, it would still be cool to see.