#1 LostInBrittany

LostInBrittany

Loaded with iron gall ink

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:30

Last week I received a long awaited parcel from cultpens.com. Inside, a green festival : a Lamy Safari Apple Green
and a bottle of Diamine Apple Glory. These two are made to be together, a match made in Heaven for anybody who loves bright green colours.

The pen is a M nib, and as most Safari, it writes wonderfully. Wet pen, no skipping, always ready to write, it glides on paper without effort,
leaving behinf a lusty trail of ink. The colour of this 2012 LE is a bright, happy, joyful green, and I really like it a lot, my favorite Safari color.

And what about the ink? The perfect match for the pen, Diamine Apple Glory is a vibrant light green, almost the same colour than the pen. I really love it!

Posted Image

Review also posted on my blog

Edited by LostInBrittany, 23 April 2012 - 10:36.

Posted Image

#2 Chi Town

Chi Town

Antique

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:25

I have not rec'd my green Lamy yet, due any day now, but I have yet to give any thought to the ink I will be putting thru it. I went on an ink buying spree last week, so I guess I will have to wait for all my inks to land to see what I purchased in case I did get a green ink to go with my new Lamy.

Mike

Visconti Last Lira aka Luigi Einaudi #63 of 975, Stipula Yellow Da Vinci Carbon Fiber T, Stipula Model T, Vintage Fountain Pens, Delta Amerigo Vespucci LE, Pelikan Special Edition Sahara F/P, TWSBI Micarta, Danitrio Mikado, Genkai, Nakaya Decapod Cigar, Watley in Woodgrain, Marlen Yellow Liberty LE, Santa FE Style Custom "51" made by Ralph Prather, Danitrio Fellowship - president New Mexico Pen Collector's Club.

#3 Danni2989

Danni2989

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2012 - 13:02

Hah, I was planning on using this combination too! Great review and I love the little doodle :D

~ Danni
I like to collect the cheap, cheerful and colourful!

#4 Amandaa

Amandaa

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2012 - 13:35

Me too! That is I was planning on this combo as well. Can't wait for the goulets to get them in. Thanks for the review! I wonder how this compares to Diamine Jade - this seems more blue and a little more saturated, so I'm telling myself it'll be okay to get this one too ;)

#5 fourseamer

fourseamer

Up and In

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2012 - 19:05

At first, I thought the ink might be too bright to match the pen, but after mine arrived today, I'd say it's a pretty durn good match. The apple green Safari is BRIGHT. :blink:

#6 mhphoto

mhphoto

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,597 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2012 - 19:26

Great review of a great ink! :thumbup:

#7 LostInBrittany

LostInBrittany

Loaded with iron gall ink

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 April 2012 - 21:01

Thanks a lot to all of you, glad you liked it.
I've doing some experiments with the ink tonight, it behaves rather nice even on cheap paper, and it works great as highlighting ink. I guess that the green inked green safari will join my everyday carry pen roll...
Posted Image

#8 wastelanded

wastelanded

No affiliation.

• Member - Gold

• 1,531 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 23:07

That ink is green and a half, wow! Excellent review!
"I was cut off from the world. There was no one to confuse or torment me, and I was forced to become original." - Franz Joseph Haydn 1732 - 1809

#9 grout

grout

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:14

I might have to order this ink to use when my green Safari arrives! The color is just perfect!