What Ink Is In Your New Micarta?

dcpritch

I loaded mine with Diamine Ancient Copper. I loved the Omas Sepia that DC Pritch used, but I don't have a bottle of that. I think the copper compliments the pen quite well.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dcpritch

• Trillium

• ravantra

• Chi Town

I just loaded mine with Noodler's Nightshade.

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

well, i'm febuddled.

The title is Inky but the thread is really more Pen-y.

Sorry about that, maybe I put this topic in the wrong forum, but I was interested to see what inks people were putting in their new Micarta pens, so the question sort of straddles the line between these to forums (fora?), don't you think?

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

well, i'm febuddled.

The title is Inky but the thread is really more Pen-y.

Sorry about that, maybe I put this topic in the wrong forum, but I was interested to see what inks people were putting in their new Micarta pens, so the question sort of straddles the line between these to forums (fora?), don't you think?

yeah. But...

hm.

Since it is specific to a particular pen...

:unsure:

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

I am just glad to see this thread. In my opinions, since it was about what inks to use in the Micarta, it fits just fine in the Inky Thoughts forum. Of course, the mods (or the Hon. Admin) will make that decision.

The pen looks very nice and I think the brown shaded inks look especially good with it, too. I can imagine a copper coloured ink, such as that which wrath186 is using, also complements the pen. Blues are nice too. Perhaps most colours work with this pen. I take it there are no flow problems so it doesn't need any particular dry or wet ink?

More pictures of pen and ink please. :P

Holly

... Blues are nice too. Perhaps most colours work with this pen ...

More pictures of pen and ink please. :P

Thanks Holly.

I ran through a couple of fills of OMAS Sepia and liked your suggestion of a blue. How's this one?

scanned image:

fpn_1334670315__img125_1024x953.jpg

I don't have the best camera equipment and didn't have the time to get the images adjusted properly to reflect accurate color, but in the photos below you can just make out the iridescent qualities of this ink:

fpn_1334671046__p1010747.jpg

fpn_1334671071__p1010749.jpg

I sure hope this is "inky" enough.:mellow:

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

Why, I'm Shocked at that ink! Seriously, that's a nice ink, sigh, I need another blue like I need a hole in the head.

This may be a silly question from someone who apparently has been living under a rock -- where can one order one of these?

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

This may be a silly question from someone who apparently has been living under a rock -- where can one order one of these?

Currently, only here: http://www.twsbi.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Micarta-Fountain-Pen

Ciao - Enrico

Diplomat #1961

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/enricofacchin/poker-3.jpg

Daddy, please no more pens - we need food, clothes, books, DENTISTRY...

Currently, only here: http://www.twsbi.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=Micarta-Fountain-Pen

Thanks! I wish I could afford to spare $100 right now. It looks really nice. The material is very unique, and is hopefully pretty durable.

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

I love the look of the Micarta! How is the nib? I've read it is on the dry side which is putting me off.

I love the look of the Micarta! How is the nib? I've read it is on the dry side which is putting me off.

I can only speak for my pen (medium) but it is a very dry and very stiff nib. I like very wet nibs but for some bizarre reason I do enjoy writing with it. Another thing to consider is that the line is much thinner than any of my other medium nibs, I would call it a fine.

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

Really, whats not to like??
Well, nothing really, except the envy one FPNer feels when another goes to a Pen Show and has a nibmeister work on his brand new Micarta, bragging about it before it even happens! Hrumph.Have a great time and please share a writing sample after your nib work is complete. :thumbup:

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/571/apmicarta.th.jpg

OK...enuff about the nibs, but I promised a reply after Atlanta.... see Atlanta Pen Show? thread....

The ink in the sample is Iroshizuku Shin Ryoku :embarrassed_smile:

• 3 months later...

I just got my TWSBI Micarta at the DC Pen Show and I've inked it up with another pen show purchase - the limited edition Organics Studio Foggy Bottom Sepia.

1345155496[/url]' post='2436459']

I just got my TWSBI Micarta at the DC Pen Show and I've inked it up with another pen show purchase - the limited edition Organics Studio Foggy Bottom Sepia.

Gotta see that Foggy Bottom!