vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,642 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2012 - 19:04

Posted Image
Posted Image
Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time
Posted Image

#2 Chrissy

Chrissy

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2012 - 19:51

Thanks for the good review.

I actually like Irish green more than Racing green, but less than Emerald green.

Racing green was like black with a hint of green, so I never bought any.

Mb Emerald green is my favourite green ink and I have almost 2 full bottles. However, if I should ever run out, I will happily move onto Irish green :)

postcardde9.png    fpn_1414151466__snailbadge.png

#3 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,752 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 April 2012 - 19:57

Thanks for the review. Especially because it represents "more than roughly" the same colour (scanwise/optically) I managed to pick out in my review.
As you say, there is no resemblance to racing green, but that is not the aim here (IMO).
Good qualities as in flow etc seem to be found here as well.
I hope I don't reiterate -- well maybe -- but I like this ink a lot more than racing green. Irish green is a tick bluer and 3 ticks less browner.

Whew!
Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

#4 whitelily

whitelily

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 20:41

Thanks for the review. Especially because it represents "more than roughly" the same colour (scanwise/optically) I managed to pick out in my review.
As you say, there is no resemblance to racing green, but that is not the aim here (IMO).
Good qualities as in flow etc seem to be found here as well.
I hope I don't reiterate -- well maybe -- but I like this ink a lot more than racing green. Irish green is a tick bluer and 3 ticks less browner.

Whew!

+1 I agree. The ink colour comes nicely across. Thank you for the nice review. A friend of mine bought this ink last year and send me a note where she used this ink. It´s such a lovely ink. I still think I prefer White Forest, though.