Did I Just Buy A Fake?

smodak

I hear ya :crybaby:

Fortunately, starting tomorrow MB will be having a sale on BB nibbed pens, buy one get two free.

Alright - you buy the one and send me the two free ones.lticaptd.gif

Happy April 1st bunny01.gif

Edited by smodak

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smodak

• jar

• Ghost Plane

• talkinghead

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you did not buy a fake...

you did not overpay...

what you're doing is buying a lot of expensive pens lately

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing

you did not buy a fake...

you did not overpay...

what you're doing is buying a lot of expensive pens lately

I am :(

Thank you!. I agree that $70 / $300 is a fair deal for the exchange. Not a lot of manufacturer would even entertain a change.

I realize you said "not a lot" but Cross swapped a rarer 18k Signature nib for me, my new XF for their new B for nothing. They didn't even charge me the usual $10 service fee. No owner paperwork needed and I'm not the original owner.

I am not any MB expert but from the listing I don't see anything that raises my eyebrows. The seller has sold several MB's and not of the same model. No one has posted FAKE! (not yet anyway). Even more so, the other items he's selling are sports events tickets. I think you'd get into a lot more trouble a lot faster selling fake event tickets than pens. Especially since the holder of your fake ticket is likely to get rousted by The Blue Meanies. (As would the seller once they told the cops where they got the tickets.)

Genuine sporting event tickets along with fake MB's strike me as an unlikely seller combination.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

Oh and while doing my nightly E**y MB rounds...seems the seller has a couple of these lying around..using same pictures, BUT does list a different serial number in the description.

Item # 280857135694

Rick

Yup, and he increases the price on each subsequent auctions. He sold the first 149 (with the same description) for $325.

post-75916-0-35637100-1333331437.jpg

I bought the one for $325 :) It's my 15th Mont Blanc (I started with 2 before the year and it's become a sickness) this year but my first 149. I'll let you guys know if there are any issues with the pen when I receive it.

Edited by mmahany

I bought the one for $325 :) It's my 15th Mont Blanc (I started with 2 before the year and it's become a sickness) this year but my first 149. I'll let you guys know if there are any issues with the pen when I receive it.

Thanks. I will do the same.

you made the right choice congrats :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

I received the pen today. It is brand new - not a mark in it. It was never so much as even dipped in ink (or so it seems) The sticker is still there. It is definitely NOS. I filled it in with MB Midnight blue. Writes excellent - just the right amount of feedback and smoothness with great flow - It is a winner. I am really happy that I purchased this.

I received the pen today. It is brand new - not a mark in it. It was never so much as even dipped in ink (or so it seems) The sticker is still there. It is definitely NOS. I filled it in with MB Midnight blue. Writes excellent - just the right amount of feedback and smoothness with great flow - It is a winner. I am really happy that I purchased this.

Great. Glad it is so nice.

My Website

• 1 month later...

Hi smodak

Your pen looks genuine to me even if it is old stock.

I hardly dare to say this so take it as a *whisper* but the Chinese copies are usually C/C fillers rather than copies of Montblanc piston fillers.

Before anyone shoots me down in flames, okay I know I may not have seen a copy of a Montblanc piston filler yet. :)