• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smodak

• jar

• Ghost Plane

• talkinghead

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Personally, I would not buy anything Montblanc from eBay. That's just me.

See with what large letters I have written you with my own hand. GaVIxi

The pen is the interpreter of the soul: what one thinks, the other expresses. (MdC)

Personally, I would not buy anything Montblanc from eBay. That's just me.

So far I have had good luck. I also think the cartridge fillers are easier to replicate than the piston fillers - but who knows?

Edited by smodak

If I do not ink it can I get the nib changed from MB for free? I want a BB puddle.gif

You can take it in and ask, but it does not appear to be new in the pictures and may not have the signatures from an AD showing a recent purchase.

My Website

If I do not ink it can I get the nib changed from MB for free? I want a BB puddle.gif

You can take it in and ask, but it does not appear to be new in the pictures and may not have the signatures from an AD showing a recent purchase.

Hmm.. the seller says it is brand new - if not I will probably return or dispute it. But I get what you are saying about the lack of the authorized dealer signature. If the pen is indeed new - than the price is reasonable, right? (buyer's remorse embarrassed_smile.gif)

Edited by smodak

Hmm.. the seller says it is brand new - if not I will probably return or dispute it. But I get what you are saying about the lack of the authorized dealer signature. If the pen is indeed new - than the price is reasonable, right? (buyer's remorse embarrassed_smile.gif)

Price seems okay.

My Website

Many MB roller balls and ballpoints are counterfeited, it's less likely on the 149's & 146's. I've bought 4 -5 of them on eBay and they've all been legit.

Your price is quite reasonable.

I hope you're happy with it.

David

Edited by dds51968

Looks real to me...why do YOU think its fake?

Packaging looks to be from the 80's-90's though. I don't have any recent, modern pens...anyone out there who may have just purchased a new pen can chime in with comments about current packaging on new, current pens.

My take....maybe "new"....but it is new OLD STOCK. I don't believe it is a new, off the shelf from a boutique new

Will be interesting to find out if they honor the nib exchange....again, I doubt they will.

Rick

MY-stair-shtook eyn-HOON-dairt noyn und FEART-seeg (Meisterstuck #149)

"the last pen I bought is the next to the last pen I will ever buy.."---jar

WTB: Sheaffer OS Balance with FLEX nibs

porkopolispennerslogorev1.jpg

Porkopolis Penners Blog

Looks real to me...why do YOU think its fake?

Packaging looks to be from the 80's-90's though. I don't have any recent, modern pens...anyone out there who may have just purchased a new pen can chime in with comments about current packaging on new, current pens.

My take....maybe "new"....but it is new OLD STOCK. I don't believe it is a new, off the shelf from a boutique new

Will be interesting to find out if they honor the nib exchange....again, I doubt they will.

Rick

Rick!! Thanks very much...I am not sure why I thought it was a fake - but you guys assured me now. It could be NOS. Unless it is new or NOS it is going back...

Edited by smodak

Hello

I just had this conversation with MB Canada and their policy is as such:

If the nib is in excellent condition with no scratches, and they are able to put in back into stock, then it is $70 for the exchange.

If however the above mentioned is not the case, then it is $300 plus.

I find this very fair. When I send my pen in for a nib exchange, I would not want a beat up nib back .

Hope that helps.

Your purchase looks pretty good. You'll know better when it's in your hands.

Inked

Hello

If the nib is in excellent condition with no scratches, and they are able to put in back into stock, then it is $70 for the exchange.

I find this very fair. When I send my pen in for a nib exchange, I would not want a beat up nib back .

Hope that helps.

Your purchase looks pretty good. You'll know better when it's in your hands.

Inked

Thank you!. I agree that $70 / $300 is a fair deal for the exchange. Not a lot of manufacturer would even entertain a change.

Edited by smodak

Hello

Inked

There's the rub....the pen smodak just bought is a bi-toned 18k...aren't the current 149 nibs back to the try-toned 18k? (Again I don't have one). But if that is the case, I doubt they would put a prior generation nib on a new barrel and resell it as new or place it "back into stock"...

Oh and while doing my nightly E**y MB rounds...seems the seller has a couple of these lying around..using same pictures, BUT does list a different serial number in the description.

Item # 280857135694

Rick

MY-stair-shtook eyn-HOON-dairt noyn und FEART-seeg (Meisterstuck #149)

"the last pen I bought is the next to the last pen I will ever buy.."---jar

WTB: Sheaffer OS Balance with FLEX nibs

porkopolispennerslogorev1.jpg

Porkopolis Penners Blog

My new 2 years ago from an AD has a tri-toned 18k nib.

If you want a BB nibbed pen off eBay, wait 'til a BB comes up for sale. They're harder to find [i know, because I look for them, too] but they will come up eventually. :rolleyes:

Oh and while doing my nightly E**y MB rounds...seems the seller has a couple of these lying around..using same pictures, BUT does list a different serial number in the description.

Item # 280857135694

Rick

Yup, and he increases the price on each subsequent auctions. He sold the first 149 (with the same description) for $325.

post-75916-0-35637100-1333331437.jpg

Edited by smodak

My new 2 years ago from an AD has a tri-toned 18k nib.

If you want a BB nibbed pen off eBay, wait 'til a BB comes up for sale. They're harder to find [i know, because I look for them, too] but they will come up eventually. :rolleyes:

And when they do come in - they are not affordable :(