#31 Angry__Panda

Angry__Panda

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2012 - 17:20

I'd vote the 2000. It is one of my favorite pens (though I haven't been using it because I have started writing super small and the medium nib I have gets in the way of that). It is a much softer writer than the Lamy pens you own right now. The nib is one of the best parts IMHO, very smooth (though again my medium nib has some issues like shading and what not with some of my inks). Also, it is not a screw cap so that helps the frequent capping and uncapping. I also don't post mine, but it does post well (100% better than the TWSBI's heh). I would also suggest getting one sooner rather than later, I read an article (can't remember where) that said they were "redesigning" the 2000's and their price was more than doubling. For 150 I think it is one of the better values out there (keep in mind I have been looking around at pens closer to the 500-800 dollar range so 150 is practically free lol).

#32 vrgelinas

vrgelinas

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2012 - 17:30

I didn't used to like hooded nibs, but they've grown on me because I mark things off check lists a lot at work and it helps to have a pen that doesn't dry.

For a good all-around writer, I would get a Waterman Phileas. Smooth, classy, and understated.

#33 Uncle Red

Uncle Red

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,454 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2012 - 19:41

Alright-to follow up on this one.

I tried them both out locally, and ended up with the 2000 because I just liked how it felt in my hand better.

The store was running a pretty good sale on pens and inks, and I ended up with it for $128(I also picked up a bottle of Edelstein Sapphire for $13.60). So far, I'm really, really happy with how it writes and overall happy with the pen. I can see why it's considered such a classic.

I should also add that I chose the medium, which is(I think) just about right. From a quick comparison, it seems to be a shade wider than a Safari medium and about the same as a 14K Studio Fine.

Congrats, I hope you enjoy it for many years to come. Can I assume you passed everything then?

#34 Brooks803

Brooks803

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 April 2012 - 20:01

I'll add my .02 for the vanishing point. I just bought one for myself this past weekend and it's an awesome pen!

Oops...guess I should have read through more posts! Didn't see that you already made your choice :headsmack:

Do enjoy your new purchase!

Edited by Brooks803, 17 April 2012 - 20:05.

"Give a lazy man something difficult to do and he will find the easiest way to get it done."