Experience With Pisuke2005?

theblahblah

I've just bought a pen on ebay from the Japanese seller Pisuke2005. Emailed him twice after paying on March 17th but haven't gotten a response, no acknowledge of payment etc. I know he states the estimated delivery date to be in a month's time, but I've usually gotten at least an email response or acknowledgement from sellers within 2-3 days. Is this experience typical with this seller? Should I be worried or am I just being paranoid... :hmm1:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jde

• theblahblah

• alc3261

• hari317

Just give it 4-5 days, after that contact him with a "where is my item" message, if he does not respond, open a case in the resolution centre. Your money is safe, so dont worry.

I have never bought from this seller but I am considering one pen that presently only he has available at a very low cost...

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

I do not believe I have worked with the seller before, but the style of his postings looks familiar. So maybe I have...so many pens have I bought on eBay. I believe I have seen positive comments about this seller here on FPN - you did search those, right? Did you PM thoses posters for more info?

This is Japan. Patience. Business is as much or more about the relationship than the transaction. You are not in Kansas anymore. He may be using the US eBay system, but this is a Japanese store.

Looking at the feedback, I agree - things will work out.

Note, too, that he is not a native English speaker. Answering emails in a foreign language is difficult...so it may take a little longer. Have you tried corresponding with him in Japanese?

When I start to do business with someone in another country (US, too, actually), my first transaction is usually small. Even with people with a good reputation - just to get a feel for the relationship. And if it goes south, which sometime things do, I have not risked much.

Greg

The more I know about computers, the more I like my pens.

Colorado Pen Show

5-7 October 2018

Denver, Colorado

I've just bought a pen on ebay from the Japanese seller Pisuke2005. Emailed him twice after paying on March 17th but haven't gotten a response, no acknowledge of payment etc. I know he states the estimated delivery date to be in a month's time, but I've usually gotten at least an email response or acknowledgement from sellers within 2-3 days. Is this experience typical with this seller? Should I be worried or am I just being paranoid... :hmm1:

Recently I bought my Pilot Decimo from this seller. It was a positive experience for me.

After I paid via PayPal I received two notices about my purchase: one from PayPal, and one automated eBay "Confirmation of your order." The latter had an estimated delivery time of one month. Did you not receive those?

What took about four days from payment was a notice that my pen had shipped and what the tracking # was. This notice I received directly from pisuke2005. And then my pen arrived at my USA door, three days after that notice. (WoW!)

Had I not received the automated eBay confirmation I would have been nervous and sent him a message. Because I had the confirmation, I was waiting a bit to hear something before emailing about when the pen was shipping. I also know that while it's inconvenient to have to file a dispute, that is an option after some time has passed, so I know my $ is safe in a dealing like this.

Sometimes we need to exercise more patience in cyberland. Not everyone is as quick on the internet as others (esp. in non-native communication!). I think this vendor, while he has been on eBay for some time, is only more recently ramping up his sales.

Hope it works out for you.

Edited by jde

...writing only requires focus, and something to write on. —John August

...and a pen that's comfortable in the hand.—moi

I've received the ebay and paypal auto-confirmation, but nothing from the seller. The seller has good feedback on ebay, which was why I bought it from him in the first place. I guess I'm just being a worrywart since it's the first time I've spent so much on a pen :embarrassed_smile:

Edited by theblahblah

I've received the ebay and paypal auto-confirmation, but nothing from the seller. The seller has good feedback on ebay, which was why I bought it from him in the first place. I guess I'm just being a worrywart since it's the first time I've spent so much on a pen :embarrassed_smile:

Okay, that's great that you got those emails. That way you know for sure your pen payment has been recorded a-okay. Don't know where you are located, but also remember the time difference with Japan.

Maybe you'll hear from him by next Tuesday. Let us know what transpires. We understand the anxiety over pen purchases! :happyberet:

Hang in as long as you can stand it. Remember you can always file a dispute after a certain amount of time. Hopefully won't come to that.

Edited by jde

Update: the seller has just contacted me and explained the delay. Pen should be on its way :cloud9: Thanks for the reassurances everyone

I bought a pen from this seller that he turned out to have no stock of. He contacted me quickly and offered me a full refund or to order the item in for me. I chose to wait and when it came in, he upgraded the shipping for free. Overall it was a good experience and I would buy from him again.

I am glad everything worked out for you! :)

Update: the seller has just contacted me and explained the delay. Pen should be on its way :cloud9: Thanks for the reassurances everyone

So glad to hear!

• 2 years later...

I looked at his listing today and it was empty… does anyone know if it is just a holiday break, or has he ended selling pens?

http://imageshack.com/scaled/large/16/k6ic.png

I just bought something from him and he shipped it just before going on vacation. The automated emails said he was out till August 17th, so I'd expect his store to be up and running store.

Does anyone know if he does combined shipping? I'm thinking of getting a CH 91 for my birthday (this September!) and would want to add a couple of Kakunos if he does. I'm loving my kakuno so I want to get a couple more, and his price is cheaper.

Does anyone know if he does combined shipping? I'm thinking of getting a CH 91 for my birthday (this September!) and would want to add a couple of Kakunos if he does. I'm loving my kakuno so I want to get a couple more, and his price is cheaper.

He does but you have to ask.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

Excellent seller, amazing prices and service!

I hope he is on vacation cause the wish list of fountain pens is getting larger and larger...

I'm joining the conversation a little late, but I can confirm this seller is both reliable and honest. I've dealt with him several times and have been very satisfied. Got the items shipped to Canada super quickly, and all my orders arrived with some green tea, which is a nice touch. This has turned out to be my go-to guy for Pilot Customs. As for the lack of communication, I think he sticks with the automated stuff because English is not his mother tongue.

In fact, I'm wishing I had not come to read this thread as I am now very tempted to get a CH 91 Yamaguri.

Excellent seller, amazing prices and service!

I hope he is on vacation cause the wish list of fountain pens is getting larger and larger...

Sorry but I have to tell you he's back AND has 10% off at the moment!!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

I have never bought from this seller but I am considering one pen that presently only he has available at a very low cost...

out of curiosity, which one? he is generally on par or slightly more than Taizo.....

Edited by Sridhar

I've bought two pens from him, generally he's emailed within ~5-7 days and then I have the pens within ~2 weeks from when I've paid.

I'd say that he's a great seller and I'd recommend using him.