Chi Town

Antique

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2012 - 13:20

1344718773[/url]' post='2431538']
Mine broke in the exact same spot! But I used super glue and todate, almost a year now it has held together! Funny thing how these are breaking in the same spots.....

Well, it broke again! And this time I chose to send it to Yafa, Stipula back in August. It was supposed to be back in my hands this November, but as of today I still don't have itPosted Image.I don't know what to say or think about the time frames, just hoping that I do not get a repair bill for this one given how long they have kept my "lil baby" Funny thing is, I would still buy another one! I really like these!

Edited by Chi Town, 13 December 2012 - 13:22.

Mike

Visconti Last Lira aka Luigi Einaudi #63 of 975, Stipula Yellow Da Vinci Carbon Fiber T, Stipula Model T, Vintage Fountain Pens, Delta Amerigo Vespucci LE, Pelikan Special Edition Sahara F/P, TWSBI Micarta, Danitrio Mikado, Genkai, Nakaya Decapod Cigar, Watley in Woodgrain, Marlen Yellow Liberty LE, Santa FE Style Custom "51" made by Ralph Prather, Danitrio Fellowship - president New Mexico Pen Collector's Club.

#32 mstone

mstone

Pensive Penman

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 February 2013 - 18:39

For those in the States who contacted Yafa and sent their pen repair through them, what was the turn around time?  What was the cost?

Several months, and about $50 after all the shipping, etc. I'm not particularly impressed with Stipula at this point.

#33 jkingrph

jkingrph

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 April 2013 - 18:41

Sorry about the pen and hope you have good luck getting it fixed.  My one mishap was with a brand new Pelikan 600, only out of the box a few hours.  It fell out of my shirt pocket onto an outdoor carport surface (rough brushed concrete).  I was very lucky and could not find a single scratch.

Regards

Jeff

#34 PatientType

PatientType

Enjoying the Journey

• Member - Gold

• 1,820 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:10

Ok, I'll be the bad guy - Just what were you thinking carrying a fountain pen in your front jeans pocket?!!

This is the thought that was running through my head as well.  I don't carry loose fountain pens in pants pockets.  Ever.  Just seems like a bad idea.

Over the years, I've read more than a few posts on this Board with damage done when someone sat on their pen and cracked it or the pen cap came off and left a four inch stain on their clothes.  I've also seen pictures of pens with scratches made by keys, coins or other pocket flotsome.  A fountain pen is just different from a ball point in this regard.  The ball points in my life are disposable conveniences; fountain pens are not.

#35 chupie

chupie

He's a grand, ungodly, god-like man, Captain Ahab.

• Member - Gold

• 1,189 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:53

This is the thought that was running through my head as well.  I don't carry loose fountain pens in pants pockets.  Ever.  Just seems like a bad idea.

Over the years, I've read more than a few posts on this Board with damage done when someone sat on their pen and cracked it or the pen cap came off and left a four inch stain on their clothes.  I've also seen pictures of pens with scratches made by keys, coins or other pocket flotsome.  A fountain pen is just different from a ball point in this regard.  The ball points in my life are disposable conveniences; fountain pens are not.

I certainly don't anymore! I finally sent it in in Feb and got it back about two weeks ago. I really do like the little sucker though. I thoroughly feel the accident was my fault and not the fault of the pen. I mean, it's not a Bic and the floor was hard. Had it been on the carpet though, which I am on 80% of the time, that wouldn't have happened. That's what made me so mad! (and yes it cost around 50$ altogether with shipping.)

Pearl's Blog: A Journey in Patience: Feline DIabetes

Feline Diabetes is a treatable condition.
target="_blank">http://www.felinediabetes.com

#36 wimg

wimg

Stip Etruria nut :)

• Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,736 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2013 - 13:50

I think that with current shipping prices in Europe, $50 probably barely covers the shipping costs. Last shipment I received from Italy, and the factory is only about 1200 km away from where i live, shipment costs were a staggering 80+ euros, as indicated on the shipper's ticket.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#37 Runnin_Ute

Runnin_Ute

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,318 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:35

Don't have anything without a clip. If I did it would be a desk pen - not something I carried around. I feel for those of you that have been unfortunate enough to have an incident like this happen - regardless of the price of the pen.

Brad "Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling

"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

LetterExchange_sm.png

#38 Lyander0012

Lyander0012

One Who Wanders With The Water

• Member - Gold

• 1,055 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 June 2013 - 13:17

Ok, I'll be the bad guy - Just what were you thinking carrying a fountain pen in your front jeans pocket?!!

I'm actually fairly sure that loads of people carry FPs in their front jeans pocket (at least, I hope I'm not the only other one who does so  :rolleyes: ). If anything, the thicker material ought to keep the clip from sliding off.

Also, my condolences to the OP. Glad to hear that Stipula's being so nice about it. Best of luck!  :thumbup:

Maybe you could do a review of the pen once you get it back? I'm really curious about it, too.

Cheers!

"The price of an object should not only be what you had to pay for it, but also what you've had to sacrifice in order to obtain it." - The Wisdom of The Internet

#39 mhosea

mhosea

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,784 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2013 - 21:49

I'm actually fairly sure that loads of people carry FPs in their front jeans pocket [snip]

It's just riskier than what most people would choose.  There is a potential for putting high stresses on the pen, though to be sure it is less risky than the back jeans pocket, and there are some folks even that do that.

I know my id is "mhosea", but you can call me Mike. It's an old Unix thing.

#40 ravantra

ravantra

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,205 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:56

Yeah I broke mind by carrying it in my pocket. Decided against sending in for repair and glued the threads to the cap with a tiny drop of super glue. I has held for the last 8 months. 

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.
Posted Image

#41 Lyander0012

Lyander0012

One Who Wanders With The Water

• Member - Gold

• 1,055 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:04

True, I recently experienced a small mishap that I could've avoided if the shirt I was wearing that day had a breast pocket.

I clip my FPs onto the cloth of my pants' front pocket when I'm wearing tee shirts, usually, else I clip them onto the collar of my shirt. I don't mind doing the latter, though they sometimes get perspiration on them. *ahem* Anyway, the clip on my Taranis, excessively big as it is, stuck out like a sore thumb. I happened to have bumped into a low brick wall hip first, so there's now a small, but still quite noticeable, abrasion on the far end of the clip. 

I'm just as glad that the damage wasn't extensive, though I'm more cautious now as a result. I'm thinking of investing in a three-carrier pen case, so that I can keep them in my jeans or slacks pocket without worry.

Cheers!

"The price of an object should not only be what you had to pay for it, but also what you've had to sacrifice in order to obtain it." - The Wisdom of The Internet

#42 betsypreston

betsypreston

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:21

This is the PERFECT pen for a front jeans pocket. 

As for falling on a tile floor, well, there are plenty of pens which would have a problem with that.

I have one lovely lovely lovely Passaporto, and it lives on my desk which is above carpet.  But I have been considering carrying it around at work in my front pocket.  @ethernautrix is right, if something happens, something happens.  But for now, at least if I drop it, I drop it on carpet.

Better than my other three Passaportos, two of which never wrote and got sent back, and one of which has no threading for posting and so I never use it.

#43 betsypreston

betsypreston

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:21

P.S.  I LOVED your post.  Why I can't have nice things.  My husband and I both got a big laugh out of that.