Engeika Online Shop Customer Service

dan in montreal

Sorry, to hear this but, you're in wrong side!

I've bought in the years a hundred of pens at different prices, from 1 to 2000 dollars, in different nib size, and then find out that it was not suited to my personal taste of writing, many times I returned the pens to sellers and asked, very politely, to change the nib with a different size and never, never, seller has placed me problems...

This time, I ask to Engeika "before" shipment, but after I've click on "buy it now" (this seller also has in list the same pen with nibs in different sizes) to change it with a Fine one... I did not understand what kept him, before sending it to me, to change the pen with another and keep a satisfied customer!

With no offense, if you say these things, I'm sorry, but I think you've never bought pens or you're a bad seller!

Bye

I don't mean to start a discussion on this, but just like you I have bought dozens of pens, new and old, from many different vendors including Engeika. I have bought machinery, power tools, golf equipment, car spare parts, musical instruments, possibly anything that can be bought on the web.

When you click on "Buy now" you enter a contract where you're buying *that* specific item, not a similar one. I suggest you read carefully the terms and conditions on eBay before you complain.

And, BTW, I have bought a couple of times from Engeika and my feedback can only be: fast, corteous, excellent prices.

Arguing with a woman is like reading a Software License Agreement.

In the end, you ignore everything and click "I Agree".

flying-letter-exc.png

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• colex

• terminal

• hari317

• nicholasyeo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I disagree because, we are talking about "CUSTOMER SERVICE" offered by Engeika .... And for me it does not offer any "service" to its customers!

I don't think there's anything else to say.

Everyone is free to do what he wants with his own money, I will not be buying anymore from a seller who does not care any request (in this case very silly!) by a customer if he meant to continue to sell, because you're an e-bay seller: wysiwyg!!! I do not think its a valid excuse!

These are my 2 cents.

I'm with you mate. Imagine a seller actually sending you what you ordered. Outrageous. That seller should be drawn and quartered and paraded across the internet.

I honestly do not understand this talk about the rules of e-bay, fast delivery, prices, etc., we all know well...

Here no one wants to ruin the business to anyone but, I wonder the topic of discussion is the customer support or not?

Want me to explain what is or what it should be for me and a few tons of book on marketing?!

About two years ago I bought on e-bay a MB 146 with fine nib, but when I got home I realized that wrote with a bold stroke!
I contacted the seller asking if could have it with a small nib, and the next day, immediately sent to me another identical MB with Extra Fine nib to try, that I held back by returning the other... This's for me the "real customer support"!

This is my thread, if interested:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/212731-investigation-new-montblanc-146p-real-nib-size-is-an-f-or-m/

This is the e-bay seller: http://stores.ebay.it/P-Pgallery-2010?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Edited by colex

pens: Aurora * Delta * Esterbrook * Goldfink * Kaweco * Montblanc * OMAS * Parker * Pelikan * Pilot * Sheaffer * Stilnova * Stipula * TWSBI * Visconti * Waterman

inks: Aurora * Delta * Diamine * J.Herbin * Pelikan * Pilot Iroshizuku * MB * Noodler's * Omas * Sailor * Visconti * Waterman

Alight, I have to say that I expected this conversation to devolve but I think it's been pretty polite by forums standards. So, IMHO good job on not making it personal.

Ok, let me see if I can put Colex's argument in to a nutshell: "If I went to a store and I bought this pen in a medium, then discovered I didn't like it and went back to the store, I would expect that (if the pen hadn't been used too much) the store would exchange it for a different one"

So let me ask you this, then, Colex: What's the difference between an auction and a store? At a 'real life' auction, you go and you examine the goods, and then you decide if you want... that THING... that specific ITEM. THen you bid on it... you have no expectation that you may exchange it later on, right? In fact, a real life auction doesn't even STOCK a bunch of the same item. There is not stock.. the stock is one of a kind items.

However, Colex may say, "but what's the difference between Engeika's eBay store and his website? How come when I go to an eBay store front, I end up 'having to buy that specific item' but not at the (almost identical) website?"

And the answer, Colex, is that, despite eBay's attempt to look more like a web store... they actually aren't. The problem is, as an eBay seller, the thing your selling does not represent your "stock". Therefore, you cannot reasonably assume that, if you buy a pen from me, for example, that I'll have ANOTHER one lying around. Regardless of the specific seller, this is the agreement you enter in to when using eBay.

"One always looking for flaws leaves too little time for construction" ...

Last word and then I close my inquisition ...

I believe that everyone operates its business and does business in his way and not all buyers are equal. But, I think that I will not take anything from this seller, as well as for the case happened to me I think him miss any customer support... At the end of auction, I'll pay for the item and I respect of the "contract" to purchase on e-bay without any consequences for the seller, because of my honesty. I was hoping that the seller could also meet my "simple" request, saying: ok, you didn't pay but wait for another auction (I paid my Pilot H92 $ 125, only to discover, after, that with the "buy it now" I could take elsewhere even at much less - see link below-) or just I not have one to ship at this moment, but do you send one soon as I'll have in stock...

For example:

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Pilot-Namiki-HERITAGE-92-Demonstrator-Fountain-Pen-Transparent-Black-Fine-nib-/171105715491?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27d6b20523

Final, this bidding mechanism is useless and foolish when to save a few dollars (I wonder why the auctions on Engeika are always close a few dollars below the price of the "buy now")...

Now, if I want another one, I'll take my Japanese fountain pens elsewhere!

Thanks all folks for patience to read my outbursts and good business to all!

pens: Aurora * Delta * Esterbrook * Goldfink * Kaweco * Montblanc * OMAS * Parker * Pelikan * Pilot * Sheaffer * Stilnova * Stipula * TWSBI * Visconti * Waterman

inks: Aurora * Delta * Diamine * J.Herbin * Pelikan * Pilot Iroshizuku * MB * Noodler's * Omas * Sailor * Visconti * Waterman

I would love to get some advice from the experts here. I posted on another thread about Engeika and how my first experience with ordering a Platinum from the online store was very good.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/248477-horrible-experience-with-engeika-shop/page-4?do=findComment&comment=2774151

I want to order a Sailor King of Pen - one of my wish-list/dream-list pens. Now, this pen is available on both Engeika online store as well as eBay store and the difference is a few dollars (not a deal-breaker for me). Does anyone have a thought on what would be a better place to order from?

My concerns after reading some comments here are these:

1. Does buying from the online store give me more flexibility? or conversely,

2. Does buying on the eBay store constrict me in some way? Reduce my options in some way?

3. If the same item is available on both the online and eBay stores, what is the probability that it is the same item and the pen suddenly "goes out of stock" if the eBay auction fetches a greater price?

The last question is more academic, but has anyone faced such a situation?

I would appreciate any advice on this. Thanks!

Fountain pen geek, bibliophile, aspiring audiophile.

Love Single Malt, Coffee, Beer.

Corporate slave by day.

Pursuing Inner Peace.

Slytherin, INTJ.

Follow me on Instagram @thepenperson

Follow me on Twitter @thepenperson

I would love to get some advice from the experts here. I posted on another thread about Engeika and how my first experience with ordering a Platinum from the online store was very good.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/248477-horrible-experience-with-engeika-shop/page-4?do=findComment&comment=2774151

I want to order a Sailor King of Pen - one of my wish-list/dream-list pens. Now, this pen is available on both Engeika online store as well as eBay store and the difference is a few dollars (not a deal-breaker for me). Does anyone have a thought on what would be a better place to order from?

My concerns after reading some comments here are these:

1. Does buying from the online store give me more flexibility? or conversely,

2. Does buying on the eBay store constrict me in some way? Reduce my options in some way?

3. If the same item is available on both the online and eBay stores, what is the probability that it is the same item and the pen suddenly "goes out of stock" if the eBay auction fetches a greater price?

The last question is more academic, but has anyone faced such a situation?

I would appreciate any advice on this. Thanks!

You can also email Raul from Wancher.in and see if he can source it for you. They're a subsidiary of Engeika, they handle customs and his prices are very good.

Other than that, I prefer buying from the website. Avoid the middleman, deal directly with the seller and hopefully, get some savings in terms of avoided auction fees. Engeika often has specials on their website as well.

True bliss: knowing that the guy next to you is suffering more than you are.

You can also email Raul from Wancher.in and see if he can source it for you. They're a subsidiary of Engeika, they handle customs and his prices are very good.

Other than that, I prefer buying from the website. Avoid the middleman, deal directly with the seller and hopefully, get some savings in terms of avoided auction fees. Engeika often has specials on their website as well.

yeah he is right, avoid the middleman(Raul) and buy directly from Engeika on ebay auctions, you can get some good prices.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

eBay also offers a little extra protection I think, given that the exact item (nib size and all) is posted

de_pen_dent, hari317, and terminal

Thank you all for your advice.

I took a leap of faith and purchased the item directly from the website as the eBay auction actually concluded at a few dollars HIGHER than the price offered to members on the website.

This particular pen was not available at wancherpens.in, but I will keep that option in mind.

Now I'm eagerly waiting for the pen to be delivered... :)

Fountain pen geek, bibliophile, aspiring audiophile.

Love Single Malt, Coffee, Beer.

Corporate slave by day.

Pursuing Inner Peace.

Slytherin, INTJ.

Follow me on Instagram @thepenperson

Follow me on Twitter @thepenperson

For the record, I'm not saying that buying it directly was by any means a mistake or source for concern.

• 2 months later...

I disagree because, we are talking about "CUSTOMER SERVICE" offered by Engeika .... And for me it does not offer any "service" to its customers!

I don't think there's anything else to say.

Everyone is free to do what he wants with his own money, I will not be buying anymore from a seller who does not care any request (in this case very silly!) by a customer if he meant to continue to sell, because you're an e-bay seller: wysiwyg!!! I do not think its a valid excuse!

These are my 2 cents.

Dear Colex,

I think I can understand this matter. As a person who collects fountain pens and used to sell fountain pens over the internet for almost 26 years in USA and Japan (on Ebay as well as online store, local store), I would like to say that it is not easy to change the nib for customers.

Because many customers bid on different items at the same time, this is the problem: Engeika might have to take the nib of another customer in order to change the nib for you. And I know, once changing nib became a habit/custom, Engeika would have to change nib for hundred people everyday.

That makes many people have to wait for their nibs and it is, of course, not good at all. Besides, it is very easy to make mistakes when changing the nib of the original order (You might get a wrong nib when you did not want to change the nib)

So I think we should have a better look over the issue. Engeika seems to avoid mistakes for many customers.

Does any of you agree with me?

"Fountain Pen is not just a pen"
David Hagiri

PS: Just a remember-able nickname. I am not an expert.

By the way, Engeika has the BEST PRICE in his field. They must have done business for a really long time.

"Fountain Pen is not just a pen"
David Hagiri

PS: Just a remember-able nickname. I am not an expert.

By the way, Engeika has the BEST PRICE in his field. They must have done business for a really long time.

Thank you for the interesting and calm response, but precisely because it is a seller "serious", professional, that sell and many pens for a long time on the market, I think that not have in stock only 3 Pilot but several hundred! Replace a pen with another, while being willing to wait if not have it in stock at moment, "before dispatch", is not impossible and costly in terms of logistics, especially to please a new customer that paying it in advance and without seeing the object ... You agree?

I have a hundred pens and happened two more times, even after I've tried nibs in my house, at my request the sellers replaced them, without any problem, by paying only shipment costs. That's it!

Greetings.

Yeah I get why, Colex, you want to post here, about 'customer service' if you equate customer service = doing what customers like period. But you know, a store that adheres to its contractual obligations = not bad service. Eg. I walk into liberty buy some face cream, then I decide I don't want it. Unfortunately cosmetics items can't be returned. Do I then throw a fit and act antagonistically in the department store? Or do I say, well, those are their rules and I bought it, so I have to suck it up.

In my opinion, yes -- engeika would probably have scored brownie points for changing it for you. But he does not lose points for not doing so. It's not like he misrepresented something and still refused to change it. Then yes, he's wrong. It's terribly unreasonable to come onto a forum and bash someone for exercising his legal rights. That's frankly like saying if the seller made a mistake and you wanted to return it, the seller then goes around the web denouncing you.

Edited by daintydimsum

Unfortunately, for me, "customer satisfaction" is this ... If you find it is "other", then "I'm sorry" and I think all in this discussion is useless!

Bye