• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• geoduc

• amberleadavis

• mhosea

• Bo Bo Olson

Thank you so much for doing this!

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Thanks....sigh.... :headsmack:

I bought DA Sahara Gray as spur of the moment and then finally got R&K Alt Goldgrun that had been long on my list...

The written examples are so close together.

Well I'm sad that the scans show I was right.

I'll have to do a good sized nib check to see where and if different nib width and flex and paper will make them drift further apart. ... or merge.

Done for me in section 2.. :notworthy1: :notworthy1:

DA Pine Green strikes my fancy more than Diamine Evergreen. Thanks for saving me money there.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

What a great job you have done with this comparison review! Some of my favorite inks are shown here, and I've learned quite a bit already, before I've even had a chance to head over to part two. Thank you, goeduc, for your incredible effort!

How small of all that human hearts endure,
That part which laws or kings can cause or cure.

— Samuel Johnson

Instagram: dcpritch

• 6 months later...

GeoDuc.... It's all been said....but may I add tuppenth worth ....what a fantastic piece of work you have completed, learned lots and now heading over to Part 2.

Falcon

• 1 month later...

This may be an older thread, but as a comprehensive look at the many green inks available, it is invaluable.

On the basis of your fine work here, I've finally found my "go-to" ink: Diamine Evergreen.

Thanks very much.

tinta

*Sailor 1911S, Black/gold, 14k. 0.8 mm. stub(JM) *1911S blue "Colours", 14k. H-B "M" BLS (PB)

*2 Sailor 1911S Burgundy/gold: 14k. 0.6 mm. "round-nosed" CI (MM) & 14k. 1.1 mm. CI (JM)

*Sailor Pro-Gear Slim Spec. Ed. "Fire",14k. (factory) "H-B"

*Kaweco SPECIAL FP: 14k. "B",-0.6 mm BLS & 14k."M" 0.4 mm. BLS (PB)

*Kaweco Stainless Steel Lilliput, 14k. "M" -0.7 mm.BLS, (PB)

This may be an older thread, but as a comprehensive look at the many green inks available, it is invaluable.

On the basis of your fine work here, I've finally found my "go-to" ink: Diamine Evergreen.

Thanks very much.

tinta

I'm glad the comparison was helpful, tinta. Evergreen is a great choice, and sees regular use in my rotation.

• 2 weeks later...

So, which ones are your favorites? Why?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

So, which ones are your favorites? Why?

That's a hard question to answer, since I like this color group and there are a number of them that I am partial to. The ones that I consider favorites are:

Diamine Evergreen

MB Racing Green

Rohrer & Klingner Alt Goldgrun

Sailor Miruai

Sailor Rikyu Cha

Sailor Tokiwa Matsu

Stipula Verde Muschiato

They make the list of favorites because of their combination of color and good behavior, although the Sailor inks can be difficult to clean out of pens. Half the inks on that list are discontinued, so I use them sparingly. That leaves Evergreen, Alt Goldgrun and Verde Muschiato as the inks currently in production - all are excellent choices in my opinion. I also plan to add a bottle of Noodler's Zhivago in the near future because it performs so well on cheap copy paper.

Tad, what are you saving them for??? Use them. Enjoy them. If you actually run out completely, I'll find more for you. rolleyes.gif

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Awesome work.

Something seems off with Noodler's Army Green. I think mine's almost the same color as PR Avocado. Will try to do a couple of swabs of the two together.

Army Green gave me fits trying to get a decent scan, especially on the swabs. The actual color of the sample I have is between Burma Road Brown and Verde Muschiato. It definitely has more of an olive tone than PR Avacado.

I would like to see your swabs - please post scans or photos if possible.

Hmmm. I'm suspecting our samples of Noodler's Army Green are quite different:

APQ3.jpg

The "old"formula of PR Avocado took FOREVER to dry on any and all papers. I understand there is a new formula, but is color the same? Which Avocado did you use?

Tad, what are you saving them for??? Use them. Enjoy them. If you actually run out completely, I'll find more for you. rolleyes.gif

I wish it were that easy! I'm in the same boat, with my favourites being Miruai, Rikyu-cha, and Tokiwa-matsu. They are impossible to find now! I've even tapped out Asian sellers, and I'm still on the hunt for more. I only have 4 back up bottles of each colour, and considering how much I love them, that is NOT enough.

I wish it were that easy! I'm in the same boat, with my favourites being Miruai, Rikyu-cha, and Tokiwa-matsu. They are impossible to find now! I've even tapped out Asian sellers, and I'm still on the hunt for more. I only have 4 back up bottles of each colour, and considering how much I love them, that is NOT enough.

I do use and enjoy them; I'm just careful about doing it. I have plenty of different inks in my collection (around 65 at last count, plus samples) so I don't feel the need to use the limited quantity favorites every day. Besides, limiting their use makes them feel less ordinary. When I load up one of those inks into a favorite pen, I get to fall in love all over again.

Saskia_madding, you're better off than I am. I have half a bottle of rikyu-cha and about a bottle and a half of the others. Even so, I figure that I can go another two or three years at my current rate of use before I have to bid those inks adieu. Hopefully there will be some new inks out by then that I like just as well (and I'll definitely buy more bottles!)

The "old"formula of PR Avocado took FOREVER to dry on any and all papers. I understand there is a new formula, but is color the same? Which Avocado did you use?

Sorry, I didn't know that Avacado was reformulated and I can't tell you which version I used. The samples for this comparison were purchased from Goulet Pens in the Autumn of 2011, if that helps.

Tad, good thinking. :) It's funny, but I realized that I had "saved" my Skrip inks all these years, and now, I think ... why? I look at my parents' homes, I'm overwhelmed. Now, we use grandma's fine china for any sit down dinner. Don't put off enjoying and living.

As green is one of my very favorite colors, I can't thank you enough!

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice; damn

There goes that fox again.