Warm Holiday wishes from the FPN team

Admin

At this time of year all of us behind the scenes at the FPN would like to wish you and yours a warm and merry holiday season and a happy and prosperous New Year.

May your never ink your hands

Your pens never skip

and your thoughts always be good one written down on paper.

the FPN Team

This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to [email="fpnadmin@gmail.com"]FPN Admin email[/email], or directly to [url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/user/17-wimg/"]admin Wim (wimg)[/url].

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Maja

• DocNib

• Titivillus

• Admin

Best wishes to all! ^_^

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."

- John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Pelikan M800 Green (18C-750 OM), Pelikan 4001 Königsblau

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 M), Diamine Monaco Red

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 F), Diamine Prussian Blue

Boy do I hate the PC phrase "Happy Holiday" :bonk: :bonk:

Merry Christmas everyone

Just because you celebrate christmas does not mean eveyone here does.

It isn't meant to be politically correct but rather it is inclusive rather than exclusive.

Best to all...

This is one of the most interesting boards I am on. Not to mention habit forming (with one cheap pen and another bottle of Noodlers on the way...)

Sheila and I would like to wish everyone a very happy and peaceful Christmas, and the New Year they would wish themselves.

To our snail friends I would add that we do not send Christmas cards - all will become clear in due course :)

For those who celebrate differently have fun, stay healthy and enjoy.

I suspect the God we pray to (however we refer to Him) has enough sense to iron out the wrinkles Man has put in :)

For those who have no religious beliefs - enjoy the holiday & use it as an excuse to buy a new pen anyway :D

Fondest Regards,

Ruaidhrí & Sheila

Administrator and Proprietor of Murphy Towers

Guest Saints1976

It isn't meant to be politically correct but rather it is inclusive rather than exclusive.

I'm not a christian and do not celebrate Christmas but it is what the 25th December is called in a Christian country. No other religion changes the name of their festivals - just the politically correct Christians.

I'm not Norwegian either so we need to change the name of today from Wednesday (Wodin's Day) to something more inclusive.

Similarly I am not Roman so 11 of the months of the year need to be changed. Being of Anglo-Saxon origin June is OK as it is named after the Anglo-Saxon goddess Juno. Of course that excludes all other non-Anglo-Saxons :(

As for the phrase "Happy Holidays" being inclusive it immediately excludes everyone who doesn't have a holiday.

I'm not a christian and do not celebrate Christmas but it is what the 25th December is called in a Christian country. No other religion changes the name of their festivals - just the politically correct Christians.

I'm not Norwegian either so we need to change the name of today from Wednesday (Wodin's Day) to something more inclusive.

Similarly I am not Roman so 11 of the months of the year need to be changed. Being of Anglo-Saxon origin June is OK as it is named after the Anglo-Saxon goddess Juno. Of course that excludes all other non-Anglo-Saxons :(

As for the phrase "Happy Holidays" being inclusive it immediately excludes everyone who doesn't have a holiday.

Wow that's alot of writing and what seems to be some deep seated anger about the whole holiday and politically correct stuff.

Edited by Tytyvyllus

Guest Saints1976
Wow that's alot of writing and what seems to be some deep seated anger about the whole holiday and politically correct stuff.

Yes apologies to my fellow fountain pen fanatics for going off on one, but Tytyvyllus you are basically correct. I am extremely annoyed with the whole political correctness thing, especially here in the UK - it is getting totally out of control.

Hi Everyone,

I can't be bothered with the PC debate so may I wish all the best to one and all and, whatever you choose to call the upcoming holiday, have a good one.

Oh yes, what I meant to say in the first place, many thanks to the all the admins, mods and members who make FPN such a good place to play through out the year.

John :)

Edited by Oxonian

:meow:

I wish all of you at FPN a very nice Xmas time and a healthy and prosperous New Year.

And keep the ink flowing!

Lexaf :eureka: