4 replies to this topic

#1 pvdiamon

pvdiamon

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 19:19

I just received my $5 Montefiore pen through a deal as a Smithsonian member. It came with a made in China sticker, but little else in terms of info. So I'm looking for info on this pen, not finding much in a search on this board. It came with a cartridge ("finest German ink")--I think it is Private Reserve, but don't know how to be sure. I would like to get a converter to fit, my universal has a diameter that is too large. Any info out there on Montefiore pens, and what coverters fit them?

John
John in NC

The passion not to be fooled and not to fool anybody else..two searching questions of positivism: what do you mean? How do you know? (Bertrand Russell, Dominant Passion of The True Scientist)

#2 pvdiamon

pvdiamon

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 15:26

Nobody seems to have heard of these pens...Any thoughts on how to go about finding a converter that fits? It seems to need a narrower neck than a "universal" converter.

John
John in NC

The passion not to be fooled and not to fool anybody else..two searching questions of positivism: what do you mean? How do you know? (Bertrand Russell, Dominant Passion of The True Scientist)

#3 beschoice

beschoice

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 15:05

QUOTE (pvdiamon @ Dec 17 2006, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just received my $5 Montefiore pen through a deal as a Smithsonian member. It came with a made in China sticker, but little else in terms of info. So I'm looking for info on this pen, not finding much in a search on this board. It came with a cartridge ("finest German ink")--I think it is Private Reserve, but don't know how to be sure. I would like to get a converter to fit, my universal has a diameter that is too large. Any info out there on Montefiore pens, and what coverters fit them?

John

Hi...this may help you..go to www.giftvalues.com

#4 rdp

rdp

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 05:33

QUOTE (pvdiamon @ Dec 17 2006, 07:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

John

you can use the same refill as a parker pen refill is the same

#5 BlueHeaven

BlueHeaven

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:39

Well...this is an older thread, but these pens are still around... I just rinsed out a Montefiore pen to try a new ink color (Noodler's "Mandalay Maroon," BTW). I've had this pen for years - paid less than $10 for it, but they still make it - the "Classic Pen" (fountain pen), and it's now $11.95 on giftvalues.com. Mine has a Waterman converter, which has worked. I don't remember if it came with the pen or if it was one I stuck in there and "hey, it works!" It's not a bad pen, especially for the price - I'm not afraid to haul it around with me.

Blue