• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian C

• Jimmy James

• Trillium

• The Scribbler

I'm not interested in any of the finalists.

Edited by raging.dragon

Is the blue/turquoise pen a Montegrappa Modigliani?

All of the material is some sort of high quality plastic. Maybe Brian will chime in because he had long discussions with these guys.

The blue pen is not the Montegrappa Modigliani. All of the pen shown above were made using their material.

Some of he stuff will have decent transparency when turned down. I think that is one of the experiments Brian is going to do. These new materials are pretty slick. I would recommend holding off on final decisions with your group buy ntil Brian has a chance to test some of this stuff. On the other hand Brian already has a bunch of material. I know what material I would choose for your group buy unfortunately, there would not be enough for a large order.

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

I know this group buy is still in it's formative stage, but is there any ballpark figure as to what the eventual pen that is chosen will cost? I see the prices that are listed for each possible pen on the Edison site if I were to purchase one myself. I am hoping that the group buy pen will be less expensive...yes?? If not, then I'll have to live vicariously by following the buy thread.

The price will likely be somewhere between the price for the signature line pen and the price for the production line pen (likely closer to the production line we are thinking).

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

It will be less than a Signature Line pen. Just how much less would probably depend on how many buy in. I don't think it's realistic to expect it to be less than the production pens.

Pearl without clip for me please:)

J

"Writing is 1/3 nib width & flex, 1/3 paper and 1/3 ink. In that order."Bo Bo Olson

"No one needs to rotate a pen while using an oblique, in fact, that's against the whole concept of an oblique, which is to give you shading without any special effort."Professor Propas, 24 December 2010

"IMHO, the only advantage of the 149 is increased girth if needed, increased gold if wanted and increased prestige if perceived. I have three, but hardly ever use them. After all, they hold the same amount of ink as a 146."FredRydr, 12 March 2015

"Surely half the pleasure of life is sardonic comment on the passing show."Sir Peter Strawson

I am wondering if we even need to run this poll through Sunday. Voting seems to have reeeeaally slowed down. Don't see anything catching up to the Pearl with a clip.

Agreed.

You want to run it until this evening. If we get no objections close it with the Pearl the winner? We could start the color poll as well.

While Mr. Gray and Heraclitus confer, is it wrong to dream of what could be?

http://edisonpenco.smugmug.com/Pens/The-Pearl/i-7FSbVQm/0/XL/IMG0344-XL.jpg

:D

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

I'm coming to learn, mostly from the group buy posts, that there is not an ugly Edison pen. There are some that I prefer over others but, I have noticed that every suggestion is acceptable to me. I like that Pearl up there.

Or perhaps...

http://edisonpenco.smugmug.com/Pens/The-Pearl/i-KMfwDnJ/0/XL/IMG7155-XL.jpg

And then there's this one...

http://edisonpenco.smugmug.com/Pens/The-Pearl/i-XpKxBFC/0/XL/IMG7141-XL.jpg

One last one and then I'm done

http://edisonpenco.smugmug.com/Pens/The-Pearl/i-nncxXLM/0/XL/IMG0362-XL.jpg

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

Hmmm.. I'd say run it 'til Sunday...gives people more time to check out and vote for their favourite pens, and to ponder some decisions!

If this pen runs under $100, I'd buy it whatever model was made!

Visit Pen&Design!

@penanddesign

Looks like cc filler easily won.

http://www.fountainp...87#entry2255487

And acrylic for the type of material.

http://www.fountainp..._1#entry2247666

Hate to drag this out, but I think we need a run-off between acrylic and ebonite for the material. That will give you a clear majority one way or the other.

I think we have the time since details still need to be worked out with Mr Gray on the next steps.

Greg

The more I know about computers, the more I like my pens.

Colorado Pen Show

5-7 October 2018

Denver, Colorado

I am wondering if we even need to run this poll through Sunday. Voting seems to have reeeeaally slowed down. Don't see anything catching up to the Pearl with a clip.

Hey folks, I am just now checking into FPN for the first time this week. Some of us can only get to this board on the weekends or infrequently due to other obligations (such as work :) ). Seeing that you are seriously considering shutting down the vote before I got a chance to weigh in .... :crybaby: :yikes:

Please do people the courtesy of keeping this open for at least a week - say through next Sunday night or Monday morning. It may not change the outcome, but it will ensure everyone gets to participate. It looks like there is time since it may take a few days to work out the details of the next steps with Mr Gray.

Thank you.

Greg

The more I know about computers, the more I like my pens.

Colorado Pen Show

5-7 October 2018

Denver, Colorado