• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian C

• Jimmy James

• Trillium

• The Scribbler

Wasn't the final round supposed to be voting among 3 picks--this is 6?

Yeah, three models...but six choices! FUN!

Wasn't the final round supposed to be voting among 3 picks--this is 6?

Yeah, three models...but six choices! FUN!

Somewhat dilutes the purpose, it seems, of having the final top three go head to head to test the strength of the obvious winner in the mass poll, which was and probably will be again the winner, the Pearl with a clip of course. Tossing in the clipless into the final round is like having a presidential election with a republican, a democrat, Ross Perot, Ron Paul, Alan Keyes, Ralph Nader and Pat Buchanan. With this much of a split vote, surely the prior popular vote, the Pearl with a clip of course will win.

Mmmmm...red tortoise acrylic :puddle:

Now see...with it's semi-transparency, that screams bulb-filler. Alright. Delusion off. I'll resign myself to the bulb happening as my own buy down the line.

I'm excited to see how all of this turns out. Actually, that tortoise would work beautifully as an eye dropper, as well.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

— Dr. Seuss

Now see...with it's semi-transparency, that screams bulb-filler. Alright. Delusion off. I'll resign myself to the bulb happening as my own buy down the line.

I'm excited to see how all of this turns out. Actually, that tortoise would work beautifully as an eye dropper, as well.

Okay opaque...hmmmm....here ya go

Okay opaque...hmmmm....here ya go

Love it.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

I voted for the #76 and Pearl, both with clips. I was hoping more people would be interested in the #76, but I can be happy with a Pearl. I don't like to post my pens, so the Pearlette would be too small for me.

Honest question... why would anyone want a pen without a clip? Is it a style thing or is there something functional about not having a clip?

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

I don't keep my pens clipped to anything or any item of clothing, so I see no reason for a clip, especially on a pen that looks as clean as the Pearl. To my eyes a clip would spoil the lines.

"Perdita thought, to take an example at random, that things like table manners were a stupid and repressive idea. Agnes, on the other hand, was against being hit by flying bits of other people's cabbage." (Pratchett, T. Carpe Jugulum.)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1813132/pride.png

The other reason a clip is good is to prevent rolling (not that I'm trying to persuade the non-clip people -- I'm thrilled to have a hobby broad enough to provide for us all).

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

So, if you don't clip your pens, how do you carry them?

(Sorry... I know these sound like dumb man questions. But I really am intrigued.)

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

In my pen case. :)

"Perdita thought, to take an example at random, that things like table manners were a stupid and repressive idea. Agnes, on the other hand, was against being hit by flying bits of other people's cabbage." (Pratchett, T. Carpe Jugulum.)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1813132/pride.png

So, if you don't clip your pens, how do you carry them?

(Sorry... I know these sound like dumb man questions. But I really am intrigued.)

No problem.

I keep one pen in my purse, where it rests upright in a little interior pocket meant for keys and cellphones. If I carry other fountain pens, I use a pen roll. When I worked, I also had a briefcase, which had slots for pens. Now I usually use a Timbuk2 messenger bag, which has slots for pens.

Truthfully, I don't often carry my fountain pens out and about. I'm well past school age, thank goodness. And for any rugged use, I use pens that work in the rain and snow and won't upset me when they are lost or stepped on. Mostly fine-point Sharpies or disposable Pilot G2s. For anything else, there's the pen in the purse.

Do I see something in there that looks like green jade celluloid!? Group buy or no I gotta get me a Glenmont in that!

Just heard about this group buy thing. I can't find the original thread... Anyone care to help a poor fellow who's interested. :)

Never owned an Edison, but I'd like too!

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.