Confirmed 2012 Lamy Safari Colour!

malpei

The Lamy 2000 in stainless steel is coming in July-ish.... I was referring to other things ;)

Oh oh! More budgeting is in order on my part!

Edited by 1point1mm

See with what large letters I have written you with my own hand. GaVIxi

The pen is the interpreter of the soul: what one thinks, the other expresses. (MdC)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• USMCMom

• Jimmy James

• MrsGouletPens

• kp288908

I don't think it had ever occurred to me before that you probably know (at times) a lot more about what is coming down the road than we do. I can imagine how fun that can be but at the same time how frustrating it is when you'd love to share but cannot because your rep would be irritated and not tell you (or worse like you'd be dropped as a retailer). What agony...what ecstasy.

I know!!! I just found out about the Apple Green Safari this week, and was told not to tell until it was leaked out by someone else, so I didn't have to wait too long with that one, LOL!

The truth is, more often than not, we find out about new things here before hearing from our sales reps/distributors, especially when new items are released overseas before the US, or a bigger retailer gets them in advance for photoshoots for their catalogs. Or like the Waterman inks, finding out about the rebranding before they ever told us to expect it. Big flop there, but that's another story for another thread.

YAY! A celery pen. You know, I find it strange that they haven't put out a limited edition Vista, you know, like a translucent red or blue.

trpofapprobal.png

YAY! A celery pen. You know, I find it strange that they haven't put out a limited edition Vista, you know, like a translucent red or blue.

Perhaps that is the fall release replacement for the aluminum special! I'd love an orange to go with the Ahab I'll eventually buy in orange and the orange TWSBI 530 I already own.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

.... I was referring to other things ;)

Seriously Rachel, the suspense is killing me....wink.gif

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

I really like this green! cool color. Way more interesting than lime, in my opinion.

What's the ETA again?

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

I felt the same way, until I remembered that the surprise, whatever it is, likely will end up costing me money. :)

I felt the same way, until I remembered that the surprise, whatever it is, likely will end up costing me money. :)

so true!! so true!!

lol.

I really like this green! cool color. Way more interesting than lime, in my opinion.

What's the ETA again?

I'm told April in Germany (Europe, I imagine), and May/June in the US.

thanks!! =)

This is big talk on my other forum. They really like green.

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg

Looks like I need a green Safari now!

The Highlander was a documentary, and the events happened in real time.

Montblanc|Pelikan|Geha|Senator|Sailor|Pilot

Hmm, the Lamy Dialog 1 (BP) came out in 2003, the Dialog 2 (RB) in 2006, the Dialog 3 (FP) in 2009. Are we set for a Dialog 4 for 2012 (MP or multi-pen?)?

There is a tide in the affairs of men.

Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune.

-- Marcus Junius Brutus

It's usually in the fall, but I have word that there will not be a limited edition Al-Star this year.

:bawl:

Now that is really sad for me but not my bank account.

Atleast the GrannySmith Apple Green Safari is a nice colour to add to my collection. And I'll be needing a matching ink........

Edited by Bogon07

sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink

Perhaps that is the fall release replacement for the aluminum special! I'd love an orange to go with the Ahab I'll eventually buy in orange and the orange TWSBI 530 I already own.

I want a pen that will change colours when I tell it to, because I believe I have pens in more colours than the what are in the rainbow.

trpofapprobal.png

• 1 month later...
The Writing Desk have it up now for pre-order, not a bad deal with the converter and EF.

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love. -Carl Sagan

The Writing Desk have it up now for pre-order, not a bad deal with the converter and EF.

That is a good deal--About $25.00 US dollars with a converter and free shipping (in the UK)!

Edited by hiredgun

You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!

I want a pen that will change colours when I tell it to, because I believe I have pens in more colours than the what are in the rainbow.

A clear demonstrator! That is what they are meant to do, aren't they? Just change inks...vbg.gif