Photo

The Bestest, Fastest, Smoothest Fine Point?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hobiwan

Hobiwan

All I ever wanted was a nice pen to write with...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:07

Since I started out as a kid writing with a 2668 medium, I've kinda stuck with mediums all these years. OK, so I'm a Taurus and not used to changing my ways easily. But lately I've decided to try out Fine for a change.

So I'm asking you "fine-pointers" out there, which of the Esty fine nibs you think is the best. I write with a light, fairly fast hand, so I need something smooth enough and flowy(?) enough to not skip or hiccup when I make sweeping, fancy pretentious swirlys in my writing.

I know, I should try them all, but I don't have a lot of time for experimentation (lame excuse for being lazy). B)
Best Regards
Paul

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
– Albert Einstein

#2 Nonsensical

Nonsensical

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:45

My favourite would have to be the 9556, but that's on regular paper. On really smooth paper, I prefer a little more tooth, so I like my 2556 nib on Rhodia paper. I'm a fan of finer nibs, but the 9550 just doesn't do it for me, I don't know why. It doesn't feel smooth, or nice or catch my attention.

#3 Sholom

Sholom

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 19:09

Agree with the 9556 recommendation, and I also like my 9450.

#4 Hobiwan

Hobiwan

All I ever wanted was a nice pen to write with...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:55

Thanks, guys. 9556 is where I'll start.
Best Regards
Paul

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
– Albert Einstein