Photo

Uh Oh... Did I Just Order The Wrong Nib For The Namiki/pilot Falcon? Namiki Sf Versus Fa

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 saskia_madding

saskia_madding

Antique

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:03

Unfortunately, you can't get the fancy nibs - FA or WA or SU - outside of Japan. Trust me, before buying a 743 I checked diligently throuh several avenues. No dice. :(

Perhaps you can buy the nibs/feeds separately in Japan, but since I have no contacts there and no way to easily find that information out, or even a way to get the nib shipped from there to here (Pilot Japan won't ship the nibs to distributors in North America, including Pilot USA), I felt like it was pointless for me to keep checking.

If anyone finds out, please let me know. I am still hankering for a FA nib for my 823!

Edited by saskia_madding, 16 February 2012 - 01:07.

#32 ptrcao

ptrcao

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2012 - 03:35

What we need is a willing Japanese representative! :) I did have one Japanese acquaintence but I fear our level of familiarity does not permit the imposition of asking the favour. The problem, I find, is in trying to communicate with Japanese merchants. I'm sure they do not understand half of what I say and they do not return my emails probably for this very reason.

Have you fellows no Japanese friends? Or perhaps there is a lurker amongst us, fluent in the language of Japanese, who also has a mutual interest in sourcing the standalone FA nib?

I did take some introductory courses to Japanese, while in high school, but I can't do much more than verbally introduce myself, and I certainly can't write anything sensible!

Edited by ptrcao, 16 February 2012 - 03:42.

#33 SamCapote

SamCapote

Got Warm Milk?

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,136 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:25

Hence the reason I bought the 823 with the FA installed.
With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

#34 ptrcao

ptrcao

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:14

Need help. Google translate won't translate the Japanese shopping cart page - how did other people do it?

http://sv11.eshop-do...ahysv11&xo=3840

#35 mjchuang9

mjchuang9

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2012 - 05:32

SF means soft fine which can show more line variations and suggest holding the pen more horizontally . FA means falcon which means even more softer than SF and is like a brush touch . Recommend to hold more horizontally .
I am interested in FA for the soft style.

Edited by mjchuang9, 18 February 2012 - 05:34.

#36 ptrcao

ptrcao

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:47

Need help. Google translate won't translate the Japanese shopping cart page - how did other people do it?

http://sv11.eshop-do...ahysv11&xo=3840

I had to copy text manually and translate individual words. Also needed to view html source to acces some text contained in buttons. A bit labour intensive but Google won't wholesale translate some of these shopping cart pages for some reason.