Fine Art

drgoretex

Hello all.

Here for your viewing pleasure is a work which I have little doubt will profoundly affect all those who gaze upon it. :sick:

This lovely piece was inspired by, and made in the tradition of some of the great masters in the world of art - such as Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dali, and Wilbur Bugwinkel. It is designed to inspire awe and fascination as all who look upon it lapse into stunned silence. It may also trigger violent headaches, hysteria, and barely controlled nausea.

Like the beautiful birds of paradise, this colourful piece commands attention. Impossible to ignore, it demands to be seen. Unfortunately, now that you have seen it, you suddenly realize that you can never 'unsee' what you have so foolishly just seen. No, not even if you try to claw out your own eyes in desperation.

All great works deserve a title. In that tradition, I have named this one 'Emesis', in honour of its effect on those so unfortunate as to gaze upon it.

And now, without further ado (hide the children!):

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd231/kcavers/IMG_6369-Copy-Copy.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd231/kcavers/IMG_6375-Copy-Copy.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd231/kcavers/IMG_6376-Copy-Copy.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd231/kcavers/IMG_6380-Copy-Copy.jpg

:ltcapd: :ltcapd: :ltcapd:

:roflmho: :roflmho: :roflmho:

OK, I was bored and had a bunch of cutoff ends sitting on my workbench. :rolleyes:

Thanks for looking, and my apologies for any lingering symptoms....

Ken

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drgoretex

• pen2paper

• Lloyd

• Indy_Pen_Dance

Love the writeup and strangely I find the pen kind of interesting/cool.

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

I think it's cool looking colorful pen. Why throw the scraps away when can make something from them. :thumbup:

Edited by boxerman

Craig Lorence

Now that pen would cheer anyone up. I think it would be great for those late night letter writing sessions. It could also be a great pen to give to a teenager...all their friends would want one!

It's a nice material sampler ;-)

As a side note: would you mind sharing where you bought that 'pen pillow'?

My four year old daughter thinks it's awesome! :)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_7AlUqveS3BY/TCVyeRV5evI/AAAAAAAAAQU/H5N_-dpY7cA/s144/Aubrey%20on%20plaid%20paper_sm.JPG

Check out my wish list on my profile.

Yes, yes, Strang. That's right! "End of the day" pen. Glass blowers do that too. My son has some end of the day marbles.

I kind of dig the pen. Very green, amoung other things.

Yes, yes, Strang. That's right! "End of the day" pen. Glass blowers do that too. My son has some end of the day marbles.

I kind of dig the pen. Very green, amoung other things.

NOD. End of the day is pretty much on target. Candle makers have done this. I have seen many pen blank makers do this as well - pour left over material into a "container" whether it be a pen blank container, block for wine bottle stopper or larger form doesn't matter and then when it is full make something - and I have seen some rather pretty objects formed from these "end of day" materials. Like the pen above, most of them are unique and you won't ever see another exactly like any particular one of them.

Heh....'End of the Day' pen sounds a whole lot more appealing than 'Emesis' :rolleyes:

I did up this pen as a bit of a gag, obviously, but if I decide to part ways with it, I suspect a name change and a more positive spin on it are in order :D

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

Ken

Heh....'End of the Day' pen sounds a whole lot more appealing than 'Emesis' :rolleyes:

I did up this pen as a bit of a gag, obviously, but if I decide to part ways with it, I suspect a name change and a more positive spin on it are in order :D

Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

Ken

If you decide to part ways with it, let me know. I don't know how many times today I've opened this thread for another look. I REALLY like it!

Soli Deo Gloria

Shameless plug - Some of my amateur photography.

I am going to sue you for infliction of irreparable harm. My lawyer will be in touch. He who laughs last, etc.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"