How Many Fountain Pens Do You Have?

Sagar_C

How many fountain pens do you have?  

403 members have voted

1. 1. How many fountain pens do you have?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagar_C

• brahmam

• OcalaFlGuy

• Miles R.

That's a cool idea Sagar; asking for a vote on the number of pens in possession. It should be interesting to find the final results. I have almost twenty five or so...

Wonderful idea!

Brahmam

Oh! my dear, dear Free-will!

Tell me really, "Will I ever be free?"

Allow me until my body becomes still,

To sacrifice as a still standing tree!

- Just another tumble weed!

52 + 3 on the way. :happyberet:

Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.

Philippians 4.8

More than I need, not as many as I want.

Post Script

This. I feel the same way,

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/Apollo3000/es-canary-islands-flag1s.gif Bendita mi tierra guanche.

Low 20s for me. Not bought on since September :crybaby:

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

I use to be in the &100 zone but slowly just started selling and not buying so now I am in the less than 10.

Erring; for he with this rebellious rout

Fell long before; nor aught aviled him now

To have built in Heaven high towers; nor did he scape

By all his engines, but was headlong sent

With his industrious crew, to build in Hell

I'm not positive if I'm below or above 200 at this point. I think the last count I did a long while ago had me at 120-something, but I know I have added since then.

It is probably also helpful to characterize my collection. It's low end. My most expensive pen is the Bexley Corona, followed by the Lamy 2000, and the Namiki Vanishing Point. I have bought a number of multi-packs of Hero pens and things of that nature.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>

After a period of collecting Parker Jotter ballpoints, a couple of Mont Blancs (ballpoints and a rollerball - sadly no fountain pens yet) I am starting to sell them - but i have a large box of Jotters to get through!

I currently own six pens, and that's a lot for me.

I personally (this need not apply to anyone else) can't even enjoy more than 10 pens. My favorite amount is 4, which I will be trimming down to soon. I find that anything over 4 pens, for me, and I can't even use them all. I end up with a bunch of pens lying around doing nothing while I enjoy 3-4 or them...

I think if I had over 100 pens, I would stop using FPs completely. The mental burden of having to keep track and take care of them all would kill me.

But then, I'm like with everything I own. Except paper. Can never have to much of that... ph34r.gif

Need a pen repaired or a nib re-ground? I'd love to help you out.

FPN%252520banner.jpg

Colossians 3:17 - And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

I have about three dozen fountain pens altogether: about a dozen through which I frequently cycle four or five at a time for use; another dozen that I put to use much less frequently; and a dozen that I mean to start selling.

Wonder how many pens our dear Hari has!!!

:hmm1:

Brahmam

Oh! my dear, dear Free-will!

Tell me really, "Will I ever be free?"

Allow me until my body becomes still,

To sacrifice as a still standing tree!

- Just another tumble weed!

Too many. I went through school with two...one at a time. Sheaffer cartridge school pen (too scratchy), and then a Parker 45. Now? Time to reduce!

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

How many fountain pens do you have?

I have no idea how many I have but I do know that if I get a few more pens, I'll be closer to having enough.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Including the deskpens, + or - about 100. If you count the mechanical pencils and ballpoint/rollerballs, figure about double. Please don't tell my wife...

It has been over a year since I counted my pens, but based on last count, and my swag for how many I've added vs. sold, I'm in the high end of the 400-1000 range. This is counting all writing instruments in my collection.

My collection is about 80% vintage and 20% modern. Most of my day-to-day user pens are moderns, as I like to think the would be easier to replace if something happened to them (lost/ broken.) That said, I usually have 2 modern and 1 vintage pen in my pocket on a typical day. Today: Omas Arlecchino; Bexley 2008 O.C. 'prototype' in orange and vermeil; Sheaffer OS Balance in silver stripe.

Best Regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

I have two. I used to have three, but I recently enabled someone. I also have one I don't use because I don't have a converter for it. So, I really only use one and I am planning on getting another for an early graduation present.