• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can't believe I didn't even put pen to paper, all week... gettin' old, I guess. Started writing letters this morning with my Baoer 388, loaded with Monteverde Turquoise. (This ink is a keeper.) I've owned several other Baoer's, and several different 388's - and the nib on the 388 is always a winner. Their product line is a little more conservative than the Jinhao's or Kaigelu's, but the quality IMO, is right up there. I just wish they'd make a piston filler, or eyedropper.

Have a good weekend, my friends

J.R.

What Chinese pens are you using today?

There have been a number of threads about other pens, but I'm surprised how many are in use. What are yours & how do you rate them?

In the last couple of months I have found that I'm always carrying a Chinese pen along with my more normal Parkers, and today both are Chinese:

Kaigelu 316 Amber/grey.

Kaigelu 319 Lapis cap.

Both are excellent - writing at least as well as a Duofold & Sonnet respectively.

Regards,

Richard.

i am using the DUKE Art No.8 complete Esteem ,it's relly a nice pen for girl ,cuz it's good nib and elegant style .the weight not very heavy or light ,its also works well .the most surprised thing was that the pen only cost me 99RMB .

In one minute you can change your attitude and in that minute you can change your entire day.

My new Jinhao century 2. I think I like the Kaigelu better but it's still a nice pen.

Where is everyone?

Hellooooo... :thumbup:

Yep, I agree, the K316 is a better pen, but the Century Mk2 is a good pen, and apart from the balance and plating, I reckon Jinhao have cracked it.

My Chinese pens are all out of ink at the moment & I'm emptying other pens instead. Do miss the K316 more than I expected.

Regards,

Richard.

To ressurect an old topic, Richard... I've been testing 'bunches' of inexpensive blacks, to find a source for something to replace my Aurora black. Which is the best black I've ever found. Just today, I loaded a Noodler's Std. Flex (I never press hard enough to flex) with Pilot Namiki Black, and was pleasantly surprised. It's very close to Aurora, lots more vibrant than your Quink, and dry time isn't bad at all. Depending on your shipping, tarrifs, etc. you might consider giving it a try.

Here in the southern US, Aurora is currently $.31 cents US, per ml. The Namiki Black can be had here, for $.16 cents US, per ml. Plus, (for me), the source of Aurora is 'variable', at best. Sometimes in stock, sometimes back-ordered.

I used so many pens today, I lost track...there were some Chinese in the mix, I'm sure.

Take care,

J.R.

I am using DUKE.

In one minute you can change your attitude and in that minute you can change your entire day.

JR,

I may try that Namiki if I can find it.

Regards,

Richard.

Richard, I should have said that those prices were sourced from isellpens.com, here in the US - I have no idea what the shipping would be to the UK, but perhaps you can find it locally.

I took the advice of the admins, while the Board was down, and have been cleaning pens, and trying new ink samples for a couple of days now. I've got an expensive Laban, that I'm really trying to like, but it's difficult with all the other inexpensive Chinese pens available. I did modify a Pilot 78G, with a nib swap from a Pilot Metropolitan, and converted it to an eyedropper - but I suppose that belongs in the Japan forum... I got another Guanleming demonstrator the other day, that I loaded with Conway Stewart Tavy (aka Diamine Denim), that I've been using today.

It's good to be back with my fellow FPN'rs ! Take Care,

J.R.

I am using my new Hero Pen 612 with Chelpark Royal Blue ink & Hero 329 with Chelpark Black Ink.

Krishnan R

Chennai India

It's so nice that FPN is back and we get to participate in this great thread!

Today I inked my Jinhao Century with a sample of Diamine Sepia.

Baoer 388 in Black and Gold, loaded with P.R. Fast Dry Am. Blue. Got an app't with the Doc, and since I converted his nurse to FP's, with the gift of a Wing Sung 233, she and I have to compare, every time I go in.

Take Care,

J.R.

Today, as it has been a bank holiday, I've been out with a chainsaw pruning trees. The only choice can therefore be a Kaigelu 356 as it's well nigh indestructible.

Unlike me. A tree got my little finger as the trunk kicked out and I now have a bruise covering the entire finger. Thank goodness I don't wear a pinkie ring, as the swelling would have been even worse.

Regards,

Richard

First time inking my Hero 800, and did so with Noodler's 54th Massachusetts. Constructed much better the entry level Heroes I have. But I am not sure it writes significantly better.

I am glad to see FPN up and running again, and to contribute to this thread!

This week, I am using a Hero 9080; the nib looks like a pointing finger.

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, Moves on ..." -- from The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam

Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.

Lisa in Raleigh, NC

I got a Moka from hisnibs, and it is a wonderful addition to my hoard stash collection. I think it looks enough like a Waterman Serenité to calm the wants for that one for quite some time... Mine was a wonderful writer right out of the box. I got a black one.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi