What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

Baoer 516, loaded with an unknown ink. I initially wrote this one off, but I'm old enough to be stubborn, and I'm doing my best to find something I like about this funky pen. (It does have a decent out-of-the-box nib) But...what on earth is the purpose of that chrome button on the end of the barrel ? And, the "over the top" clip ?? REALLY ugly ! Section is wrong (for me, that's not to say you wouldn't like it). The cap looks like it's about 6 months pregnant, it won't post securely. My penmanship is nothing to brag about, but it's even worse with this weirdo.

This may have to go to the PIF forum, or maybe I can give this one to someone local, and hoard my Wing Sung 233 NOS pens, that I've been giving to those people that show an interest in FP's. Obviously, since the pen is a perfect writer, (no surprise there - it's common to all Baoer's), there's bound to be someone whose hand fits this thing. Oh, and it's deceptively heavy in the hand.

Has anyone else tried this model ?

Have a good day, friends

J.R.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two new Nemosine Singularities arrived yesterday: an ivory F, which I loaded with Noodler's BSIAR, and a black XF (or, as they put it, 'EF') loaded with Noodler's Zhivago.

They'll go nicely with the granite italic I already have. A review is coming soon.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Today only one - a blue/green Wingsung 613-I loaded with Diamine Turquoise.

Tenet insanabile multos scribendi cacoethes.

Many are possessed by the incurable urge to write.

Juvenal

Today's pen is my lovely Kaigelu 316 charcoal.

The ink is a bit boring - black Quink. I wonder if anyone knows of a nice black anywhere, possibly that has some irridescence when it dries? That would make a lovely match for the pen.

Regards,

Richard

Edited by richardandtracy

I wonder if anyone knows of a nice black anywhere, possibly that has some irridescence when it dries? That would make a lovely match for the pen.

The closest thing that comes to mind would be Diamine Eclipse.

I'm using a Hero 7022 today. It's a more than obvious "tribute", but writes quite nicely. I would have preferred a little bigger nib, though.

Going to be using the Jin Hao Century and Luoshi 810 today ... either these pens uses very little ink or I just do not write enough, each fill seems to last sooooo long.

Today's pen is my lovely Kaigelu 316 charcoal.

The ink is a bit boring - black Quink. I wonder if anyone knows of a nice black anywhere, possibly that has some irridescence when it dries? That would make a lovely match for the pen.

Regards,

Richard

I can't recommend one, Richard - but I can eliminate a few for you. Don't bother with Noodler's Black, Conway Stewart Bodmin, or Monteverde Black. I use only Aurora Black myself, but I'd like to find a cheaper ink, with Aurora's properties.

Baoer 388, with Monteverde Turquoise today.

Have a good day, friends

J.R.

Hero 616 again today with Waterman Florida Blue and a Zebra v 301 with a pilot parallel red ctg.

I can't recommend one, Richard - but I can eliminate a few for you. Don't bother with Noodler's Black, Conway Stewart Bodmin, or Monteverde Black. I use only Aurora Black myself, but I'd like to find a cheaper ink, with Aurora's properties.

Baoer 388, with Monteverde Turquoise today.

Have a good day, friends

J.R.

Well, good luck with that J.R.......

Let me know when you find one .... :roflmho:

I use only Aurora Black too. :thumbup:

Today I am using my recently acquired Baoer 100. This is a really nice writer.

Earlier today, I ordered a Kaigelu 356 in silver. After reading Richard's frequent mentions of this pen, I finally surrendered and placed an order.

Loaded my "other" Baoer 388, in black finish, with Conway Stewart Edgecumbe... a nice purple, but a little tooo purple, so I used a drop or two of leftover C.S. Black. Looks almost like Diamine Bilberry.

51sh, I've got some P.R. Ultra Black and Pilot Namiki Black on my wishlist - have you had any experience with either of them - compared to our Aurora ?

The weekend's here, folks !

J.R.

Loaded my "other" Baoer 388, in black finish, with Conway Stewart Edgecumbe... a nice purple, but a little tooo purple, so I used a drop or two of leftover C.S. Black. Looks almost like Diamine Bilberry.

51sh, I've got some P.R. Ultra Black and Pilot Namiki Black on my wishlist - have you had any experience with either of them - compared to our Aurora ?

The weekend's here, folks !

J.R.

No Sir, If only... :roflmho:

Finding Aurora in the UK was hard enough without trying to find Namiki Black...:roflmho: :roflmho:

Diamine Bilberry is my next purchase...Aurora is the only black I think I need....for now... :rolleyes:

Edited by 51ISH

Today I am mainly using a Luoshi 995. The pen really didn't like Montblanc Midnight and did a huff and refused to write. I have now flushed it out again and with Waterman Havana inside it is writing smoothly and cleanly again.

Re: Aurora Black - I have some, its ok but nothing striking. Diamine Onyx Black is a lot blacker

Re: Diamine Bilberry - gorgeous ink. I use lots of it.

Pens and paper everywhere, yet all our hearts did sink,

Pens and paper everywhere, but not a drop of ink.

"Cursive writing does not mean what I think it does"

EDIT: Double post - sorry.

Edited by UK Mike

Pens and paper everywhere, yet all our hearts did sink,

Pens and paper everywhere, but not a drop of ink.

"Cursive writing does not mean what I think it does"