What Chinese Pens Are You Using Today?

richardandtracy

What adjustment did you make to your Century WC ? Tell us about it, pls !

Pleasant surprise this morning, the Baoer 388 loaded with Monteverde Turquoise makes a terrific combination (to my tired eyes). Maybe not appropriate for every situation, but for personal correspondence with people familiar with FP's, it's an eye catcher !

I will use others, I'm sure, the day is young !

Tale care,

J.R.

oh nothing major, the pen kept having hard starts no matter how I clean it (dish detergent, ammonia, etc) and there wasn't any air ways in the cap, so I spread the tines a bit, hacked the feed a little, and smooth out the nib .. now its filled with PR DC Supershow Blue and seems to be working the way it should be, no hard starts yet :D I'll see how it does tomorrow morning after it sits on the pen stand for 8+ hours.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Helen350

• Ian the Jock

• lovemy51

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filled a Hero 110 for the first time, used J. Herbin Perle Noir. The 110 is a notch above the rest of the Chinese pens I've purchased, in price and quality. I see the quality in the construction of the cap and clip. But for how it writes, it doesn't write any better than my Hero 319 costing 1/10th the price.

My Mk2 Jinhao Century is today's pen.

If anything, I use it more than my Pearl & Black Duofold International. It is a really nice pen & I was so disappointed when I dropped the cap & chipped it on a bowl.

Regards,

Richard.

Yah I hate it when that happens .. I don't even know how many times I dropped my pens and usually it was with the cap off too :yikes: :sick: needless to say, the nibs on those pens are no longer with me :(

Just got a Lanbitou 715 today. Quick to start & kinda nice looking.

Myste

I'm a geek with a fountain pen.

My Yiren Bookworm showed up yesterday. It was a bit dry bit I got that fixed right up.

Same problem here, so: how?

Okay, I used to have the Letter Writers Alliance and The Snail Mail Exchange in here. Somehow, my browsers settings and the forum's settings work together to prevent that from being the case at the moment. Whenever I try to update my signature, the whole process breakls down. So. Whatever.

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag32/akustyk/CAM00469-1_zpsdbd27193.jpg

Nice match.....Eight Horses and the Ancient Copper..... :thumbup:

I must get me some of that Ancient Copper....and some Dk Green/Black....and some....Oh, you get the picture... :doh:

My Yiren Bookworm showed up yesterday. It was a bit dry bit I got that fixed right up.

Watch this video..worked great for mine.

Baoer 388 S/Steel finish filled with Visconti Brown.

Nice pen this one and comfortable to use.

I've just been looking at the black version and will probably order one.

beejay

Beejay - I, too, just ordered the Baoer 388...one in stls and one in black. (I already had one S/S). They're some of the best bargains I've found. Strictly personal opinion, but I find the Stnls pen to be the more attractive - the black appears to be lacquer over brass, however the contrast between black and gold plating is striking. At any rate, they all write wonderfully well.

I can't stop using my 388, loaded with the Monteverde Turquoise - this ink is so striking (to my eye) AND it's one of the cheaper inks available. I ordered a sample, just to try it out - and now I've got to order a bottle of this and the Conway Stewart Kingsand (rebranded Diamine Ochre).

Just thinking out loud here... I was wondering last night, why there aren't any Chinese inks easily available, online ? As much pleasure as I get out of their pens, it would be fun to try some of their inks, I think.

Take Care,

J.R.

Beejay - I, too, just ordered the Baoer 388...one in stls and one in black. (I already had one S/S). They're some of the best bargains I've found. Strictly personal opinion, but I find the Stnls pen to be the more attractive - the black appears to be lacquer over brass, however the contrast between black and gold plating is striking. At any rate, they all write wonderfully well.

I can't stop using my 388, loaded with the Monteverde Turquoise - this ink is so striking (to my eye) AND it's one of the cheaper inks available. I ordered a sample, just to try it out - and now I've got to order a bottle of this and the Conway Stewart Kingsand (rebranded Diamine Ochre).

Just thinking out loud here... I was wondering last night, why there aren't any Chinese inks easily available, online ? As much pleasure as I get out of their pens, it would be fun to try some of their inks, I think.

Take Care,

J.R.

I look forward to seeing it in Black, thanks for the feedback.

Re Chinese inks, I think if they did ever introduce them to market they'd probably be pretty good and certainly, like their pens, excellent value for money.

Beejay

today's pen is the Hero 6123

http://www.wclee.com/images/hero6123.jpg

EDIT: forgot I got the Picasso 925 inked with Noodler's Black with me today too

Edited by WC Lee

Thank you!

Okay, I used to have the Letter Writers Alliance and The Snail Mail Exchange in here. Somehow, my browsers settings and the forum's settings work together to prevent that from being the case at the moment. Whenever I try to update my signature, the whole process breakls down. So. Whatever.

This is great, it work perfect for my Baoer 79!

Re Chinese inks, I think if they did ever introduce them to market they'd probably be pretty good and certainly, like their pens, excellent value for money.

Beejay

I suspect the cost of shipping heavy and fragile glass bottles would to some extent outweigh the cost benefit of making it in China.

I did buy two ink bottles from a Chinese ebay seller. The Hero blue-black is OKish, the Doctor (another Hero brand) black is barely good enough that I'm too cheap to dump it.

Слава Україні!

Slava Ukraini!

STR:11 DEX: 5 CON:5 INT:17 WIS:11 CHA:3

Wielding: BIC stick of poor judgment (-3,-5) {cursed}