Pilot Iroshizuku Kosumosu (Cosmos Flower)

kp288908

Wow -- I really like how the pink shades to orange (and I didn't think I would particularly like shading inks at all). And I *don't* like orange normally, for ANYTHING!

Hmmm. Definitely want to keep this one in mind, at least for Xmas wish lists -- both my husband and my brother always say "I never know what to get you...."

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

edit of my previous post: well, maybe not -- I just priced it! :yikes: and it's currently *not* in the budget....(sigh).

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kp288908

• Misfit

• shaylenwilliams

• bunnybaby

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How does the drying time and waterfastness stand? I'd love to get my fiancee a pink Safari or Al-Star and some of this ink, because she LOVES pink, but she's a lefty so it would need to dry quickly and not smear from hand oils.

Lamy has lefty nibs. Also if she "changes" the angle of her hand while writing, she will be just fine. One of my daughters is a lefty and that is what she does.

Sometimes, if you stand on the bottom rail of a bridge and lean over to watch the river slipping slowly away beneath you, you will suddenly know everything there is to be known." ~ Winnie the Pooh

I've been reading the thread about mixing inks and I was wondering if anyone had done something to mimic this color in less expensive inks. Or am I gonna have to make a *much* larger order for ink samples than I had originally planned?

My budget... my poor poor exploded budget.... :bonk:

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

How does the drying time and waterfastness stand? I'd love to get my fiancee a pink Safari or Al-Star and some of this ink, because she LOVES pink, but she's a lefty so it would need to dry quickly and not smear from hand oils.

I don't think I have done a water test with this one, but I certainly can do one and let you know the results.

The dry time on this was about 13 seconds based on the paper and pen that I used. Those factors will change the dry time a little bit. This particular pen is a wet writing Safari with an italic, so it puts down a lot of ink on the paper, and will take longer to dry. Thus far, I've only used it with an italic.

I don't believe that I've found Kosumosu sensitive to hand oils.

What type of nib would you put on the Safari? Fine or Medium? or an Italic? If you plan on using a smaller nib, I can use it in my dry time and water resistance experiment. =)

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

I've been reading the thread about mixing inks and I was wondering if anyone had done something to mimic this color in less expensive inks. Or am I gonna have to make a *much* larger order for ink samples than I had originally planned?

My budget... my poor poor exploded budget.... :bonk:

I hear you loud and clear!! I have found this color to be quite unique. Not sure if there is a substitute out there. I have limited experience with pink ink, however, so there may be others who can speak to this. Here's hoping someone chimes in.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

great review..thanks...every review i read of iroshizuku inks makes me want to try them all the more :)

Why thank you very much! That is very kind of you to say. By the way, I also live in a town named Manchester, here in the States. =)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Don't know how I missed this...Great review! This looks SO pretty with your pink Safari :clap1:

I did end up picking a bottle of this up and it's lovely. Other than pink being my favorite color - I find it more muted and softer than any other pinks I own - yet still legible and dark enough for everyday (for me anyway) :)

that is the perfect ink for a love letter written by a woman

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

I did end up picking a bottle of this up and it's lovely. Other than pink being my favorite color - I find it more muted and softer than any other pinks I own - yet still legible and dark enough for everyday (for me anyway) :)

+1 I love it too, and agree with all your points:) :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

First, I want to take the opportunity to thank FP Geeks for this exquisite bottle of ink. I happened to win one of their podcast contests and I was offered an Iroshizuku bottle of my choosing. After much consideration, I opted for this new color so that I could try something different. This is my first bottle of Iroshizuku, ever. So, thank you very much Eric and Dan for your generosity. I am very grateful.

You're very welcome!

I'm sorry I missed this post. It's an excellent review and has helped me determine which pink I'll purchase when I run out of Levenger Pinkly.

I'm not fond of pink, but after seeing this review and a writing sample on a Goulet Pens invoice, I got a bottle. Somehow it's soothing as the orange undertones keep it from being sickly sweet. And it turned an average performing Omas nib into a thing of beauty. :cloud9:

• 2 weeks later...

It's an excellent review and has helped me determine which pink I'll purchase when I run out of Levenger Pinkly.

I'm so glad to hear this, Dan! I am still enjoying it, too! I've been wondering about Levenger Pinkly because there appear to be many folks who are simply devoted to it, but it appears to be gone and I've not even seen a swatch. Nice to know that this is somewhat similar, and that perhaps I've not missed out on too much. =)

I'm not fond of pink, but after seeing this review and a writing sample on a Goulet Pens invoice, I got a bottle. Somehow it's soothing as the orange undertones keep it from being sickly sweet. And it turned an average performing Omas nib into a thing of beauty. :cloud9:

Ghost Plane! Thank you! I agree with you. The orange does give it a little extra "something". To call it "soothing" is very accurate. It's a pleasant pick-me-up, for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! What a coincidence!

Because most pink ink reviews I read and saw would show reddish or purplish undertone, I was thinking that an unusual undertone would be nice. Orange, perhaps? If there's such an ink, I promise myself I'd buy it.

Here it is :headsmack: Thank God :notworthy1:

Thanks much for this review. Really appreciate your effort :clap1:

Regards,

Jules

Fantastic review!!! The shading does look very stunning, and I'm eager to try this ink out! It looks like where Sailor Peche went wrong (IMHO), this one goes right! Very nice.

I'm curious, Shaylen, in what way Sailor Peche went wrong? I never tried Sailor's ink, and so I'd like to know.

Fantastic review!!! The shading does look very stunning, and I'm eager to try this ink out! It looks like where Sailor Peche went wrong (IMHO), this one goes right! Very nice.

I'm curious, Shaylen, in what way Sailor Peche went wrong? I never tried Sailor's ink, and so I'd like to know.

Overall, I love Sailor inks. The color of Peche was just NOT for me. It was a pretty soft pink, but it has a very odd, greenish component that makes it look dirty to me. It doesn't come across unless the ink is wetter/applied more heavily... But I know it's there, and it grosses me out.

I did swabs of it here: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/192119-3-of-the-new-sailor-inks/page__p__1941257__hl__%2Bsailor+%2Bpeche__fromsearch__1#entry1941257

"Be who you are and say what you feel; because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

The Poor Connoisseurs

Overall, I love Sailor inks. The color of Peche was just NOT for me. It was a pretty soft pink, but it has a very odd, greenish component that makes it look dirty to me. It doesn't come across unless the ink is wetter/applied more heavily... But I know it's there, and it grosses me out.

I did swabs of it here: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/192119-3-of-the-new-sailor-inks/page__p__1941257__hl__%2Bsailor+%2Bpeche__fromsearch__1#entry1941257

Thank you for your response and the link, Shaylen.