Isellpens New Brand Asking For Feedback?

isellpens

Hi FPN Members,

We are now working on creating a new brand of fountain pens for isellpens. These will be some very classy resin pens well under $100.00. Some manufacturing will be out of the USA and not in China .

I would love some feedback for a brand name. What would you think of brand iSellpens or Pen-King?

Or a better name as any suggestions are welcomed. Also what do you think of pens with nothing on them without a brand?

I appreciate and thank you for any feedback you can provide me. :notworthy1:

Best Regards,

Todd & Theresa

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penrivers

• JeanManuel

• Lloyd

• 79spitfire

Hi FPN Members,

We are now working on creating a new brand of fountain pens for isellpens. These will be some very classy resin pens well under $100.00. Some manufacturing will be out of the USA and not in China .

I would love some feedback for a brand name. What would you think of brand iSellpens or Pen-King?

Or a better name as any suggestions are welcomed. Also what do you think of pens with nothing on them without a brand?

I appreciate and thank you for any feedback you can provide me. :notworthy1:

Best Regards,

Todd & Theresa

I like pens that are named with acronyms. You guys may think of a better name but how about ISP (for isellpens) or KOP (for King Of Pens)? I do not like penns without any brand. Can't wait to get hands on these pens :puddle:

Good Luck!!! I am sure you will have a huge market for these pens...

Edited by smodak

TNT pens (Todd 'n' Theresa)

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

You could go with a family name:

T&T Pens

Nussbaum Pen Company

Or Geography:

Desert Pens

Canyon Pens

Southwest Pen

Copper Star Pen Company

While it wouldn't keep me from purchasing a quality pen (or purchasing pens from the web site!), iSellPens and even Pen-King doesn't sound like a serious brand name for a pen to me.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

iSellPens strikes me as more of a domain name than a brand name. Pen-King may not quite fit either (for me it evokes places like Mattress King, Furniture King, etc.).

I think The Scribbler has a good idea about linking it to the American Southwest. Mesa Pens perhaps?

Edited by matveik

I think there should be a distinguishing feature for a brand. It does not have to be the name but at least a unique mark or clip to make it stand out. As far as names, another suggestion would be King Pen (a play on King Pin) but would need a nice logo for the play on words to work. Otherwise, if it is going to be your own line, then I would think of something that would be really meaningful to you that you would like to see others carrying around since these pens could last multiple decades.

I agree with those who support Geographical based names.

President, Big Apple Pen Club

Follow us on Instagram @big_apple_pen_club

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."

J.J. Lax Pen Co.

www.jjlaxpenco.comOn Instagram: @jjlaxpenco

Oh...I LOVE it----

TNT NussBomb Pens!

Seriously, when life hands you a magnificent springboard for product naming...take it. You could have series named The Atom Bomb, The Neutron Bomb...the possiblities are endless. Your motto: It's the bomb! Or: It's the Baum!

I do think one of the cleverest product names I ever did see what Atomic Balm which was a muscle rub like Ben Gay. That one just made me smile from the sheer cleverness of it all. Still does.

Edited by Fabienne

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Todd and Theresa,

This is exciting news!! :D

I like TNT, especially if you're looking for a fun brand name.

For something more serious, I like The Scribbler's idea of something geography based. Arizona is such a unique and beautiful place that a name associated with it would surely conjure up beautiful images. Painted Desert Pens makes me think of all sorts of ebonite and celluloid colours. :cloud9:

Or, how about combining family with geography using something like Nussbaum Canyon, etc.?

I prefer for a pen to carry either its marker's name or its maker's mark. Even something as subtle as a small logo on the clip, jewel or nib. You will be working hard on this endeavor so make sure your works are identifiable and stand out from "generics" in the crowd.

Wishing you every success on this project! I can't wait to see what you come up with!! :thumbup:

All the Best,

Gem

Your graphic design could all be 1950's Cold War cool. That kind of font/colors/photos/style. Think Mad Men in the Military.

"TNT Pens - Because they're just DYNAMITE!"

*groan

So corny... you yanks know you like it! :lol:

(note: you'd have to have a red one)

"TNT Pens - Because they're just DYNAMITE!"

*groan

So corny... you yanks know you like it! :lol:

(note: you'd have to have a red one)

The puns are a blast! :wacko:

Desert Pens

Canyon Pens

Southwest Pen

Copper Star Pen Company

While it wouldn't keep me from purchasing a quality pen (or purchasing pens from the web site!), iSellPens and even Pen-King doesn't sound like a serious brand name for a pen to me.

+1 to geography tie-in names. really good idea. lots of options and would be very interesting, indeed.

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

I absolutely think that a name, logo or preferably both are important. I hate the frustration of finding a modern pen of obvious quality that I bought a while ago with no name on it - what the devil IS the make? It takes much guesswork and searching to find out as modern pens are not yet in most of the reference books, of course. And don't forget that with a name on it, every one sold is an advertisement - without a name, it is just another pen.

As to a name, geography rarely fails (I am thinking of many Hi-Fi products of great reputation that used a geographical name, usually a name geographically close to the manufacturer), not to forget, in fountain pens, Mont Blanc, of course.

Finally, I wish you great success with this venture and can't wait to get my hands on one..

Thanks guys for all of your suggestions and feedback. Keep them coming. So, far we are leaning towards TNT Pens which is funny as we started this business out as T & T International because it was Todd & Theresa and then changed name to Pen & Ink Investments Inc. when we became a corporation. We do like geographical names too but we were thinking about them for inks which is a whole new subject.

Edited by isellpens

The Grand Canyon Pen Company

The American Desert Pen Company

The PanPen Company (as you sell a great great many different types of pens)

Wren's Pens (the state bird is the cactus wren)

The Turquoise Wren Pen Company (turquoise is the state gem and the image is pretty)

However, if you keep on coming back to one particular name, sometimes that is like it chose you and it fits the best.