कलम और स्याही

inkstruck

Congratulations inkstruck.

amazing stories. To me it all seems like dreams. You are so lucky, being in Delhi.

-saji

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstruck

• rahulg

• sajiskumar

• mehandiratta

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thank you saji,,but it wont be surprising if Old Delhi unfolds more to our delight...

Regards

Inkstruck

Sorry of orgot to post the address for Repair Pen:

Repair Pen

2137, Katra Gokul Shah, Chawri Bazar Metro Station, Sita Ram Bzr, Chandni Chowk, Delhi - 110006

Mobile: +(91)-9312661674

Regards

inkstruck :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dear saaji

do you know Mr.Jhoomat mal ? the only pen repairing man in Delhi in his life time.

There are only 3-4 people in India , who know repairing of Pens.

There are many collectors and seller of Vintage and new pens in Delhi.

Mrs.Sangeeta khandelwal was also dealing in Vintage pens for long in Delhi.

you can see a huge collection with Mr.Ashok Jain of Pen Club Of India.his mobile :+919999110478

He can tell you about each and every person related to PEN in India (dealer-repair-parts etc)

you can email him @gmail.com

The only Known name in India for Vintage/New/Limited Edition pen/Pen-Parts/Pen Repair....Pradeep Pen India

Dear saaji

do you know Mr.Jhoomat mal ? the only pen repairing man in Delhi in his life time.

There are only 3-4 people in India , who know repairing of Pens.

There are many collectors and seller of Vintage and new pens in Delhi.

Mrs.Sangeeta khandelwal was also dealing in Vintage pens for long in Delhi.

you can see a huge collection with Mr.Ashok Jain of Pen Club Of India.his mobile :+919999110478

He can tell you about each and every person related to PEN in India (dealer-repair-parts etc)

you can email him @gmail.com

Thank you Mr. Jain for these valuable information.

-saji

The Delhi/NCR FP scenario

The Pen scene in Delhi is very much governed by ballpoints and gel pens.Seldom will you come across somebody asking for a fountain pen over the counter .School FP's are popular only among a certain age group .Rest don't have time to understand or acknowledge any writing instrument.They just write because they cannot avoid it.Given a chance they will throw away every single piece of ink stuff that they possess.Its more of a necessity rather than appreciation.You might beg to differ but that's the way i see it in Delhi.

I had tried my luck on JustDial ( online directory-all purpose) without any success.I had entered all sorts of combination on Google and searched page after page to give me that one hint of that hole in the wall selling vintage pens out here.I did come across gift centres like "Diplomat's Gallery " in Malviya Nagar and " Luxury gifts by Nikki" in District Center Janakpuri, however,they elite customers who don't even wink once before giving up to their exorbitantly priced vintage collection.For a person like me it like aiming for the moon being a dwarf. (I am personally not interested in these two shops as they solely don't deal with FP's and they know the way to pose as a shrude buisness which i hate to the core).

And then this one night i came across a post on Fountain Pen Network stating a pen repair shop in nehru Place called "Pen Corner".

The Wilson Parker Juniour Repro

I bought this pen from Pen Corner .Well its a beauty as you can see.A lever filler and as per the old man at the shop this is from the 60's .Wow!!

The condition is as good as new as you can see by the pictures uploaded.The pen had a sac problem.I got that fixed myself and probably forgoing a night's sleep was worth it.

This pen writes like a beauty.

Wilson copied almost everything that Parker Juniur was all about.The band clip has got Wilson written in upper case as was Parker.Even the cap band design has been copied .The design is however of a green lizard or snake skin which makes it stand out of the crowd.

The lever works like a beauty after restoration.

Please send me contacts of Pen Corner

Pen Corner in Nehru Place, Delhi

Stationery Shops, Gift Shops

Address:

Shop No. G8/59

Shakuntala Apartment

Nehru Place

Delhi -110019

Landmark: Near Nehru Place Metro Station

Phone: 011-26472829, 011-26439115

Mobile: 9210851722

Contact Person:

Prem Mitra

• 2 years later...

Hello people , wish you all a wonderful new year ahead.Yes ,inkstruck is still alive and kicking.I took a long time off to concentrate on some important stuff related to my health and family,and now post all's well i am back.I have been collecting some inky delights on and off in between (who can let go of this obsession ).I developed a fascination for ebonite beauties .Guess that has got me to collect a few of them .(Thanks to ASA pens ,these delights are right round the corner ).Just wanted to showcase the best of the lot i have procured .

From Left to right :

1: Ratnam : This is a Jumbo sized pen .my friend procured this for me from Pen Co. .Really need help to ID this pen.Is this a Ratnam Supreme

2:GAMA Forever Ebonite Shiny Black

3:GAMA Forever Ebonite Green Rippled

4: and 5 :Khyati Sketching Pen :Bought this from eBay .I believe this is the most inexpensive of the lot .Two jumbo ebonites at just 160 INR and what wonderful ripples.

5: and 6: MISAK ebonite fountain pens .These two are the first ebonites i had procured from NR Pen store.Have been real good friends for almost three years.

7: and 8 : and the one at the bottom : Wality Acrylics i bought from two different sources :ASA and Krishnapens on eBay .

Also here goes a request , Can anybody help me out with a chelpark emerald green fountain pen ink.They are out of production and i am just too greedy to put my hands on one.Have heard a lot about this shade and i want to use it first hand.

Would see you soon my friends.

Cya :)

post-79783-0-37236900-1420639573_thumb.jpg

post-79783-0-66977600-1420639634_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All ,

So went on an ink trail today in CP Delhi. Amidst the back alleys were a few stationery shops( near Cblock) where i ended up with these NOS stocks .

Chelpark ruby red, saphire blue, emerald green , crimson violet and turquoise blue, i collected whatever the good men could fish out of their dusty shelves.

Quite a find and guess what the entire deal was less than 600inr .

Too sad we have to really strive hard to get pur hands on such excellent shades. But i guess there's a definitive romance in such acquisitions as well.

Regards

Inkstruck

post-79783-0-36772900-1421659310_thumb.jpgpost-79783-0-58186800-1421659429_thumb.jpgpost-79783-0-37697100-1421659668_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks vaibhav , you can get the details of the shop on my facebook group inkstruck, they still hoard a couple of bottles and get more on order

• 1 month later...

ASA PORUS - Minimalist Delight

I have always been fascinated with fountain pens with a fat girth.The oversized beauties always intrigued me .Be it the Sheaffer Flat Top or the PFM or some regular Indian Ebonites. Recently my eyes were fixed on the Guider Super Jumbo White Acrylic.What i did not like about the design in the Guider was the fact that it more or less resembled an ordinary fountain pen , an eyedropper ,pumped with steroid and grown overnight.With all due respect to the master craftsmanship of Guider Pens , the white acrylic wouldn't be crying out extraordinary under any circumstances.Hence the hitch.

So the PORUS had to be born.I have been busy with my ill health for sometime , recuperating and as always my mind had been busy in our group "Fountain Pen Pals India". I dared to suggest a jumbo pen to Mr Laxminarayan Subramanium of ASA Pens .To my surprise the entire group chipped in so many ideas that overnight we had the entire design finalised .Another couple of days , and my dear friend Vaibhav had the pen come alive with his CAD mastery.I must say , honestly , what stood before us was a dream yet to be realised.A mere 5 pens were ordered to which the white acrylic rods were sought by Mr S (as we lovingly call our pen celeb) .Another week and we had the dream come true.I must say mere words won't do justice to the looks of this inky beauty.Its fat , its minimalist, its immaculate and more of what i wanted , its extraordinary.You had an eye turner. You had in simple words an illusion in front of you shaped in the form of a milky white eyedropper fountain pen.

What's so special about this pen? Just that we had so many able minds (Rakshit , Pradeep, Vaibhav , Mr S, mine) working on it ,holding the pen is more of a bond amongst such wonderful people all driven by this crazy greed and respect towards fountain pens.

I have never been too particular about including specs in my review , but nevertheless for all who wants to imagine i won't fail you .

What you see is a cap and barrel flushed design of the PORUS.We also finalised a cap and Barrel cave in design as well.This can be seen on the ASA website (link below). I took the liberty of borrowing the specifications of the pen from the ASA website .

Material - Acrylic resin

Pen Length (Capped)

170 mm

Pen Length (Un-capped- with Nib)

160 mm

Pen Length (Un-capped- without nib)

140 mm

Section Length

35 mm

Cap Length

68 mm

Cap Dia

20 mm ~ 18mm

Barrel Dia

20 mm ~ 16mm

Section Dia

14 mm; Tapers to 13mm from 15mm

Nib

Trims

40 mm Ambitious nib, Gold Plated

The Nib width is between F and M.

Clipless

I inked the pen with a mix of Camlin red -bril blue - parker Quink black.A word here about the nib.Its a 40 mm Gold Plated ambitious nib which again was an effort by Vaibhav .Convincing dear Mr Charla from Ambitious for the nibs ,well we are all thankful to him.The pen writes wet , very wet , and is M (at least mine is) .The section is just so perfect to maintain the grip and balance.The oversized pen is simply too easy to right with and surely if anyone of you think that it would be out of proportion i daresay "try it ".

This pen is an honest effort from fountain pen lovers.An effort which has been recognised by ASA and we are all so thankful for that.I might sound like an ASA loyalist , what the hell , i don't deny that .To all pen lovers i say this , own the PORUS and carry it with pride.When it comes to a writing instrument it should stand out , should be driven by elegance and this one has it all.

My photography isn't that great , neither my iPhone camera.But i have tried to do some justice . A quick size comparison with the GAMA Supreme and a NOS Wilson slimline , a few pen closeups and finally a writing sample.

To buy the ASA PORUS right click to fetch the ASA eShop : http://asapens.in/eshop/

Feast Your eyes !!!!!

post-79783-0-20890300-1428504557_thumb.jpg