• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• InkNsap

• ethernautrix

• A Smug Dill

• MuddyWaters

Based on a performance/price ratio, I'd say my Zebra V-301, above my Pelikan Pelikano and Lamy Safari.

I am very intrigued by this, because mine was so horrible I threw it out.

You have to understand that I have trouble throwing out anything more interesting than a Banana Peel, so this says something. Nothing I did to or for that thing would make it write.

Obviously yours behaves differently. Did you do anything special to it?

Pilot Metropolitan. I still can't believe it's as good as it is.

TLab3000, is that a Miley Cyrus avatar? I am afraid she has ruined bears for me for all time.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Pilot Metropolitan. I still can't believe it's as good as it is.

+1

Goulet Pens sent me one. Never would have bought it otherwise. Just completely stunned at how good it is.

You have to understand that I have trouble throwing out anything more interesting than a Banana Peel, so this says something. Nothing I did to or for that thing would make it write.

The feed is different-y, more like a marker feed. This pen takes a looooooonnnnnggggg time to get going, as in multiple dips into any other ink, and pages written. But once it starts, it writes until empty.

Mine got some Bad Green Gator or something.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

i have a whole bunch of pens.
From cheap to moderate priced.

the one i absolutely love is a cheap Baoer 574

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5481/10862912514_07b7abdb02.jpg

So far, a month or so into this, ​all of my pens are under$100. But my very cheapest one is the Pilot Plumix. Delightful!

AQ

"Ravens play with lost time."

Well, I guess they have some quality control issues, but mine is a great writer. I don't remember how long it took to start up (it's been a year since I bought it), but has performed flawlessly eversince, without any special care; it writes right from the start and keeps pretty smooth. Of course, it's not perfect; the cap feels a little loose and it's hard to pull out, and the nib could be more flexible, but, as I said, based on a performance/price criterion (only $4.55 !!), it's the clear winner.

PS: I like Zebra ink cartridges too.

My best cheap pen is not a brand pen...it's a pen made by someone i know,made from wood with an iridium point nib,costed me 35€,not a very good pen by itself but i know the man who made it,i've talked with him and so on...

A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too...

Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F.

Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

Not sure how we define cheap but the cheapest pen I have is one of my favourites. The Italix PE, I think it cost me around £40. It is a workhorse and has travelled the world by plane, train, ship and car without ever spilling a drop. I love it.

I have probably posted before, but the Schneider Base, Herlitz Tornado, Inoxcrom Sakyo, Youth (Parker 51 clone) would be the tipped nib pens. Pens by the Italian Wilson company and the Bic Easy-Clic for the folded nib pens.

All but one (not counting a couple I have on the way) of mine were under $50 - they are all great writers. Hard to say what the favorite is. I

Al Star 1.1 mm

Phileas F

Phileas M

Estie J- Venus F

Konrad

Have all been good for me. The Estie had a 9550 EF posting nib - drove me nuts - I so wanted to like it - even with that nib. A pen pal sent me the Venus fine and it has been a regular.

Since the time I got it about 8-9 months ago, my True Writer Silver Anniversary F has been perhaps my most used pen. I paid $99 for it. Compared to what many here own that is very inexpensive. It is my most expensive.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Well some chinese made fountain pen (well, hero for instance) can go as much as 2 dollars each in the past however to consider a quality aspect I would say a pen around $50, like Pilots or Namiki sometimes can go to, would be cheap for me.

Mine is a charcoal Lamy Safari, which I've had for over 20 years. Still writes like a dream, first time every time.

Happiness isn't getting what you want, it's wanting what you've got.

TLab3000, is that a Miley Cyrus avatar? I am afraid she has ruined bears for me for all time.

Miley Cyrus? :yikes: I'm in shock! I never knew... never, never!

The avatar is actually stolen from the German sweets manufacturer Bussy who makes my favourite water ice.

To contribute to the topic: The best new cheap FP I have is probably the Poky Z150. A bit small, but really nice.