#31 KCat

KCat

Ancient Artifact

• Admin Hon.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,531 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 December 2011 - 19:01

Got my eel skin case. The pen fits just right. The case is solid and snaps closed nicely. It will certainly protect the pen well. The only thing I wonder about is how durable eel skin is. It's said to be more durable than cowhide of the same thickness but this is very thin. But it looks nice and the case itself is very sturdy.

Thanks. I may have to order just ordered one.

I should have compared my ebay purchase to Sova. Even though it was $10, it was free shipping. I got it in 3 days. At the very least, you got the same deal. Of course, I couldn't really know how responsive these folk were when I made the purchase but I should have checked last night when I posted about it.
KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

#32 WendyNC

WendyNC

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 19:10

Eel skin is tough stuff, generally. Because it is softer and more flexible than cow hide, I find it tends not to scratch as easily and doesn't seem to "crack" at places that bend. I have a couple of checkbook covers that have banged around in my purse for years with only minimal wear. However, eel skin does tend to absorb hand oils, so there may be some darkening over time on places which are touched frequently.
I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

#33 AAN

AAN

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 13:44

Stipula Passaporto LE FPN 2012-42.jpg Bit of an old topic this but, hey, I've only just got my Passaporto.
I didn't want to scratch it in my pocket so I got one of those microfibre cloths that come with glasses from the optician and made a little drawstring bag, I used a little black plastic toggle at first to keep it closed then found a lovely little horn toggle. It doesn't look great in the photo but I feel like a magician pulling my lovely shiny pen out of it.
Opinions do vary however, the Missus thinks it looks as though it contains some voodoo accoutrement.
Very many thanks to Wim for all his work in this and in preparing my Passaporto to be such a beautiful writer.

#34 RMN

RMN

Museum Piece

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,156 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2013 - 21:21

Stipula Passaporto LE FPN 2012-42.jpg Bit of an old topic this but, hey, I've only just got my Passaporto.
I didn't want to scratch it in my pocket so I got one of those microfibre cloths that come with glasses from the optician and made a little drawstring bag, I used a little black plastic toggle at first to keep it closed then found a lovely little horn toggle. It doesn't look great in the photo but I feel like a magician pulling my lovely shiny pen out of it.
Opinions do vary however, the Missus thinks it looks as though it contains some voodoo accoutrement.
Very many thanks to Wim for all his work in this and in preparing my Passaporto to be such a beautiful writer.

Neat, well done. And in the right colour, too. :thumbup:

D.ick

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation. :