Scription Chronodex Weekly Planner 2012

patrickng

Chronodex Weekly Planner  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Scription Chronodex Weekly Planner idea?

Dear all,

As 2012 approaches, I'm sharing with you this free weekly planner for Jan-Jun 2012.

Newton, Palm Pilot, iPhone etc couldn't give me the least sense of security while I hate all the traditional linear format of diaries, so I created one for myself. It is modeled after Chrono Notebook from Muji but with a lot of twists.

Although the format is tailored for Midori's Traveler's Notebook, you can use it without that product, just print out the PDF in landscape, double sided, cut the useless portions and bind the pages together, simple as that.

I have been using this method for a long time and thought you would like to try too. Feel free to comment and please do read the details of my blog post so that you know the concept and logic behind:

http://scription.typepad.com/blog/2011/11/scription-chronodex-weekly-planner-2012-free-download-with-the-cost-of-a-prayer.html

Hope you all like it.

post-13118-0-03918500-1322500093.jpg

post-13118-0-69389300-1322500082.jpg

Scription - thoughts on stationery & beyond

http://scription.typepad.com

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• patrickng

• Coronado

• JSButterfly

• Ravenkeep

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really like the "cost of a prayer" bit, I'm going to use that, and the little camera charm hanging off your notebook cover. But I do not see the calendar or the download, etc.

CFTPM

I really like the "cost of a prayer" bit, I'm going to use that, and the little camera charm hanging off your notebook cover. But I do not see the calendar or the download, etc.

Oh in the middle of the blog post, there is the section where you can download the PDF.

I think this is a really cool idea. I'm a total listmaker though so I don't know how well it would work for me. I'll send my prayers for your family.

I think this is a really cool idea. I'm a total listmaker though so I don't know how well it would work for me. I'll send my prayers for your family.

Thanks Vivenia. I agree It can be a total change of habit to move from list format to radial format.

Patrick :

I'm unsure if this format will work for me, but it's good to try new things.

My very best thoughts for you and your family in this difficult time.

John P.

Patrick :

I'm unsure if this format will work for me, but it's good to try new things.

My very best thoughts for you and your family in this difficult time.

John P.

Thanks a lot John!

I'm really enjoying it and loving all the little extras. Including the way the Chronodex formats a goals page, like a ticket to a destination! Well done.

I also customized the size so it will fit in my Arc notebook (which will also fit the Circa that many have from Levenger). Here are some pics.

post-42730-0-71420600-1322936511.jpg

post-42730-0-36912600-1322936867.jpg

Join my Flickr Groups Staples Arc

Your Paper Spaces Photos

Blog Paper Spaces

Thank you very much TC, your parents are in my prayers.

I'm really enjoying it and loving all the little extras. Including the way the Chronodex formats a goals page, like a ticket to a destination! Well done.

I also customized the size so it will fit in my Arc notebook (which will also fit the Circa that many have from Levenger). Here are some pics.

post-42730-0-71420600-1322936511.jpg

post-42730-0-36912600-1322936867.jpg

I did a similar mod, but because I wanted it to be a portrait page I recreated the entire thing in Illustrator and then did it with a dot grid instead of a line grid.

post-32955-0-78885900-1322948242.jpg

This is what it looks like before printing:

post-32955-0-37937500-1322948371.jpg

Don't worry, I didn't break the secured .pdf, I made it all on my own and wont be putting the file anywhere to dilute your work, it was just a FANTASTIC idea :)

Edited by Coronado

I did a similar mod, but because I wanted it to be a portrait page I recreated the entire thing in Illustrator and then did it with a dot grid instead of a line grid.

post-32955-0-78885900-1322948242.jpg

post-32955-0-37937500-1322948371.jpg

Don't worry, I didn't break the secured .pdf, I made it all on my own and wont be putting the file anywhere to dilute your work, it was just a FANTASTIC idea :)

It would be so cool to have these on the Flickr group I have for Arc notebook mods. It's a public group.

Edited by JSButterfly

Join my Flickr Groups Staples Arc

Your Paper Spaces Photos

Blog Paper Spaces

I never used a planner before. But I'm gonna give it a try!

And I hope you Dad get better!

“The journey is more important than the destination—that’s part of

life, if you only live for getting to the end, you’re almost always

disappointed.”

Donald E. Knuth

Hi Patrick, great blog and a fantastic idea.

Love the exploding pie-chart time slice concept.

Best wishes and thoughts for you , your Dad and your family.

JSButterfly & Coronado, the dot grid is a good alternative idea too.

Edited by Bogon07

sinistral hypergraphica - a slurry of ink

Thanks for your work and the posting for others to use. A prayer for everyone is

needed as the world economy is in turmoil. And a special prayer for your family.

Very interesting Patrick. I always follow your adventure on Scription with interest.

God bless and keep your parents, family and you in loving care!

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg

Wow, that's a great customization, thanks JS!

I bet many of you who are not Traveler's Notebook users want the format kind of free up the space near the pages' edge. I should probably have a version that take away the repeating nonsense I wrote on each page's edge.

Thank you very much TC, your parents are in my prayers.

Hey Coronado that's great! You've kept the Chronodex spirit and modified to your own needs and that's perfectly ok for me. In fact, may I share your PDF on my blog so that more people can enjoy the format you are using? I will put credit to you for such modification if you don't mind. Please email to discuss: p a t r i c k n g @ m a c . c o m (without space)

Thanks!!!