Visconti Service. Should I Dare To Send Them A Pen?

Faulkner

42 members have voted

1. 1. What's your experience with Visconti service ?

• Very good: responsive and quick
    • Good enough
    • ... it took some time and effort ...
    • a nightmare
    • stay away from them and find someone else to fix your pens

Don't give up. Visconti had mine since June; it just came back a week ago.

Writes better than ever -- so the repair worked.

Thanks for your reply, I'll take heart from this. :)

Edited by adyf

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• adyf

• Korybas

• fabrimedeiros

• Faulkner

It seems to be the same with other great Italian brand: Omas. They took forever to respond to a repair inquiry. After several messages they finally replied with insane estimates for a cap replacement, making it worth it almost getting a new pen and keeping the old one for parts.

There's why many customers end up moving on to other brands with better after sales....such a pity!

Adyf, best of luck with Visconti! Please let us know if you succeed at last.

I cannot imagine working somewhere that closes for a month in summer and you have nothing to worry about very civilized aren't they? plus. I bet they are not working 60 or 70 hours a week either! I worked IT for 40 years what a wasted life!

when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?

Visconti should use their website to update info about the pen repairs on the member's area (Visconti Club). That member's area has no purpose . :headsmack:

They haven't updating that stuff. On the Personal Data - My Collection- we cannot choose Homo Sapiens, neither other current pens.

Some of you might be familiar with the ink sweating problems I had with my HS awhile back.

I first wrote an e-mail to a Ms Trovatelli, who was very helpful and also forwarded my email to Mr. Del Vecchio (the owner of Visconti Pens).

To cut a long story short, Mr. Del Vecchio not only was very helpful but personally made sure that my pen was fixed super fast and in a week I had my pen in my hands again - including transit time by UPS. Note that the super fast service time in part was due to the fact that I live in Greece (right next door from Italy) but still... it was fast! :thumbup:

I know that there are problems with Visconti QC, but with their service, according to my experience, I have no problem whatsoever. :notworthy1:

fpn_1355507962__snailbadge.png

They haven't updating that stuff. On the Personal Data - My Collection- we cannot choose Homo Sapiens, neither other current pens.

Wow, still? I last checked a year back, when I bought the HS... :headsmack:

Ms Trovatelli (with whom I spoke about that issue) assured me that this will be resolved at the most until the end of last year... :hmm1:

Edited by Korybas

Alea iacta est aka "the pen has been sent" :rolleyes:

Good luck! Let us know when it come back.

Just out of interest when did you send it please? I'm still waiting for mine and it was sent on 04/07/11. I'm even beginning to wonder if it even arrived.

Is there any chance to know if it really is at Visconti? Did you call them? Any employee to inform?

Didn't you inform someone at Visconti that you are sending your pens to them, in the first place?

I know this is their service policy. I spoke by email to someone first at Visconti and only THEN did I send my pen (signed delivery post with tracking number).

If you sent your pens by regular post without tracking info... well.... :hmm1: I would begin to worry...

But do contact Visconti at <visconti@visconti.it> .

Edited by Korybas

I first wrote an e-mail to a Ms Trovatelli, who was very helpful and also forwarded my email to Mr. Del Vecchio (the owner of Visconti Pens).

Could you supply an email address for Ms Trovatelli please?

Alea iacta est aka "the pen has been sent" :rolleyes:

Good luck! Let us know when it come back.

Just out of interest when did you send it please? I'm still waiting for mine and it was sent on 04/07/11. I'm even beginning to wonder if it even arrived.

Is there any chance to know if it really is at Visconti? Did you call them? Any employee to inform?

Didn't you inform someone at Visconti that you are sending your pens to them, in the first place?

I know this is their service policy. I spoke by email to someone first at Visconti and only THEN did I send my pen (signed delivery post with tracking number).

If you sent your pens by regular post without tracking info... well.... :hmm1: I would begin to worry...

But do contact Visconti at <visconti@visconti.it> .

I sent my pen to the UK agent who then forwarded it to Italy. I have sent an email to visconti@visconti.it and requested an delivery and read receipt. The email was delivered and read but not responded to. If you could supply an email address for Ms Trovatelli as I have requested above I'll send one direct to her.

Edited by adyf

Sure! Her email address is : trovatelli@visconti.it (Danilla Trovatelli)

Sure! Her email address is : trovatelli@visconti.it (Danilla Trovatelli)

Thank you! I've sent her an email, hopefully I'll get a response next week. Would you happen to know what her role is with Visconti?

Thank you! I've sent her an email, hopefully I'll get a response next week. Would you happen to know what her role is with Visconti?

Well, I initially sent an email to visconti@visconti.it and then she replied to my request for service of the HS. So I guess she is in the aftersales/service Dept.

• 3 weeks later...

Now I can vote on my own poll, meaning the pen is back after 3 weeks. Hence, my vote goes to superb service !!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• 2 years later...

I have to LE Wall St pens which require service. One fell from my shirt pocket dislocating the grip section about 3 mm towards tipof nib. I have emailed UK Service centre in Gloucestershire but have had no response. Can anyone with experience give me some guidance.

Send an email to visconti@visconti.it . Sorry, I don't know who's the UK distributor.

I just sent an email to ask about service. My EF nib on the HS is not as smooth as other Dreamtouch nibs I've tried and more importantly it keeps catching the paper. Most prominently say when writing the word Hello, on the E upward stroke it catches and can be felt when simply moving the pen from left to right. So we'll see, this is kind of a bummer. Everything else about the pen is great just not the most important part. :(

I have a very happy Visconti repair story. I sent my Opera Elements Air to Coles to get a broken cap looked at. They informed me that it was sent to Italy.

In only about two months time, sooner than I expected, I had the pen back in mint condition. Like others before me, it looks like they sent a new pen with my nib installed.

There was no extra charge beyond the initial $35.

Service such as this means a lot to me, and is something I certainly take into consideration when looking at purchase price. In my calculations it adds a lot of value to the already wonderful styling and feel.

I'm not looking forward to breaking one of my other Viscontis, but I certainly feel comfortable, thus enjoy more, having them in a carry rotation.

Thank you Visconti and Coles!

My pen took 5 months to get back. Most frustrating thing was that I couldn't find out any information on where the pen was in the queue and expected timescales etc. The UK distributor said he couldn't find anything out once the pen had left him and and emails to the Visconti factory went unanswered. I was happy with the repair though when I finally got the pen back.