#31 ajcoleman

ajcoleman

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 September 2014 - 02:31

Generally I have been very pleased with the service from xfountain. I have not had any issues with shipping, or any service calls. That said, when I order a cheap pen I shouldn't be surprised when I get a cheap pen. The pen I had from them was a good writer, but the nipple on the feed that pierces the ink cartridge broke off when I tried to insert a cartridge, so that pen was ruined. I have ordered two bottles of Chesterfield ink and love it. I will definitely order from then again.

Adam
Dayton, OH

It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings.

-- Prov 25:2

#32 Christi0469

Christi0469

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 September 2014 - 13:54

My one order from them was flawless. While I don't have a reason to order from them often I would not hesitate to use them again. It's a shame that you are having issues with their customer service, but I think it is due to the proprietor being overwhelmed rather than the proprietor being shady. Still it is no way to run a business.

#33 RNHC

RNHC

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 16:06

I still have yet to figure out how they can sell a pen from China for 1.49 us and package and ship them to the US granted they are Epackets so they take about a month to get. But ebay and paypal get a cut out of that 1.49 too :Scratches Head:

When it comes to the cheep I like Some of the hero.s with C/C I think the 399e is the one i got that worked fairly well

Time is money. :) Think of it as paying extra to save a month of waiting.

That being said, I concur with others on xfountainpen's customer service (or lack thereof). As for my experience, I was sent a wrong pen. Despite multiple emails and phone calls, I had to wait quite a bit to get a response. Needless to say, the lack of response was very frustrating. However, once I got hold of them, the problem was resolved very quickly.

I agree with the previous poster that I don't think it's intentional. I think xfountainpen customer service is simply overwhelmed. I have a nagging suspicion that it's a part time side gig that's operated out of someone's garage or a cheap office space somewhere.