JonB55198

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2011 - 16:11

Hi FPN,

Last week, I was in A.C. Moore shopping for some items when I noticed they had a deal:
  • 50 5x7 Greeting Cards for $5 in White, Ivory or Craft
  • 25 Smaller Greetings Cards for $2.50 in White, Ivory or Craft

Well, I picked up a pack of the small ones to limit my risk and to test with some fountain pens. I was amazed. This card stock could tame even my Pelikan Edlestein Topaz (which feathers slightly even on Clairefontaine!!). So, I went back and bought some of the 5x7 variety. A very good price for a card that has been able to, until now, control all of my inks. I'm not sure if this deal is available online, but it is available in stores for certain.

-Jon
WTT : Conklin Nozac Cursive Italic & Edison Beaumont Broad for Pelikan M1000 or Something Cool (PM me to discuss)
WTB Used: Cross Signature Gold Barley Corn Fountain Pen (any nib)
Namiki Falcon with Fine Nib
Bexley America the Beautiful, Black. Bexley Elegancia, Blue Shell (any nib size on Bexleys)

#2 KrazyIvan

KrazyIvan

Fountain Pen Sith Lord

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2011 - 18:05

This is the closest I could find online:

http://www.acmoore.c...spkg-white.aspx

#3 Otter1

Otter1

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2011 - 18:18

Thanks for the pointer--AC Moore's is just down the road from where I work.
Picked up some today at lunch here in New Hampshire, since I was in the market for notecards on the cheap.

Very little feathering even with a very wet pen, and no bleed through even when I flexed it to BB.
Nice smooth finish too.
On the hunt for Matador pens and parts

#4 JonB55198

JonB55198

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 880 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2011 - 19:06

This is the closest I could find online:

http://www.acmoore.c...spkg-white.aspx

Ivan,
I will check for you when I get home. I have the packages there and I will be able to compare them to the photos on the website. I will let you know. It looks like those are ~$15 tho... :(
WTT : Conklin Nozac Cursive Italic & Edison Beaumont Broad for Pelikan M1000 or Something Cool (PM me to discuss)
Bexley America the Beautiful, Black. Bexley Elegancia, Blue Shell (any nib size on Bexleys)

#5 JonB55198

JonB55198

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 880 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 October 2011 - 19:07

Thanks for the pointer--AC Moore's is just down the road from where I work.
Picked up some today at lunch here in New Hampshire, since I was in the market for notecards on the cheap.

Very little feathering even with a very wet pen, and no bleed through even when I flexed it to BB.
Nice smooth finish too.

I know! Aren't they amazing! :) At first I was worried they would be awful, so I only bought the smaller package. But I was really surprised that with a wet nib it didn't bleed or feather!

#6 JonB55198

JonB55198

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 880 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 January 2012 - 21:15

These are back at AC Moore for 50% off... very good bargain! The label looks like this:

Posted Image

#7 JesseBerger

JesseBerger

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 23:03

I bought the same ones in the 5x7, they didn't have the smaller size and they seem horrible. Same packaging as I spent several minutes trying to look for the polka dots in a smaller size and had to settle for The Philadelphia Group which works great compared to the one in the above picture.

I know it's an old post.. But it's hard to believe that paper quality can change that much in just a few months. It wasn't on sale, so I wasted $10 but the one's I got for $5 are excellent! Maybe the top sheet was just flawed.

#8 JonB55198

JonB55198

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 880 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2012 - 13:18

Hmmm, i have had no problems. If I were you, I would just return them to the store. They will probably give you your money back. But, I will have ot try the "Philadelphia Group" ones which you mention. If they work even better, I'd be willing to switch. But this week I wrote 15 thank you cards out using the stock mentioned above and had no problems.... i wonder if they are sourcing the paper from another manufacturer now??

#9 brgmarketing

brgmarketing

Transition Coach

• Member - Gold

• 1,450 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2012 - 15:13

Attention Discounts every week - A.C. Moore shoppers.

If you are shopping at A.C. Moore B&M, be sure to check online for coupons. Their usual one is for 40% off one regular priced item. Sometimes they have 50% off. I have printed up several copies (did screen capture, edited out only coupon, shrunk it, then pasted several copies on one page of paper) gone to the store and purchased one or several items (use on one coupon per purchase, but you can go back to the end of the line or to another register and buy again).

The coupon(s) I do not use for myself, I give to other shoppers, especially ones with stuff in their basket/cart. (When I explain what I am doing they smile an say thanks. Once , that I know of , the person I gave a coupon to save over $100. on some machine that she was buying!). When I do that, I feel like Santa Claus and PIF at the same time! I can get high on that kind of energy!

One more thing. They will honor competitor's coupons - Michael's, Hobby Lobby, etc. so be sure to check if the competitors coupon is for higher %.

Good luck shopping.

P.S. Not affiliated in any way!!

Edited by brgmarketing, 11 July 2012 - 15:14.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

#10 brgmarketing

brgmarketing

Transition Coach

• Member - Gold

• 1,450 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2012 - 15:22

Hmmm, i have had no problems. If I were you, I would just return them to the store. They will probably give you your money back. But, I will have ot try the "Philadelphia Group" ones which you mention. If they work even better, I'd be willing to switch. But this week I wrote 15 thank you cards out using the stock mentioned above and had no problems.... i wonder if they are sourcing the paper from another manufacturer now??

Check out the posting after this one for more /better pricing!!
“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

#11 EFP

EFP

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:02

I noticed there are still some members following this thread, so thought I'd leave a link here to something I posted on another thread.  I would have posted it here, but for some reason wasn't able to add attachments when replying.

Any recent experience with this card stock, or opinions of my writing samples at the link, would be appreciated!

http://www.fountainp...nery/?p=3071481