I was picking up some 20/92 paper at Staples today when I saw an abdomination -- a BiC Disposable Fountain Pen !
At $5 for two I thought I'll give it a shot, they should make good giveaways for the average BiC user who wants to try a "real" pen.
For $2.50 a piece I'm willing to write up some impressions, leaving the judging to you.
- it's definately a Pilot Varsity rip-off
- seems to hold more ink than a Varsity
- it's bigger than a Varsity -- longer, thicker, and heavier
- the ink seems to be designed for cheap paper, dries fast, minor feathering
- ink is a very dark greenish-black, the green component appears to be water proof (30s warm water wash)
- I could not pull the feed out as I do on the Varsity's, barrel may be tapered
- the cap has a spring loaded inner cap just like the Varsity
The rest is in the pictures, not my best work -- sorry. I promise I'll take better ones for any future review of any real pen.
I'll try to answer any questions that may creep up.
Edited by Grendel, 19 October 2011 - 19:41.