• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SamCapote

• saskia_madding

• corniche

• amberleadavis

Do any of these inks have a sheen like some of the other Sailor inks?

I only have tested the Sapphire on a paper that sheens (Staples SugarCane Eco tablets), and it shades and sheens MORE than the Parker Penman. Surprised me.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

Sean, are they worth it? "Are they worth it?" That is like asking Yoda: "Is the Force worth it"? On the path of the "Luminescent Chromaticity of Inkly Enlightenment," is one butterfly worth it?

Hello Sam,

Blame it on temporary insanity; I didn't get my Bullwinkle fix the other day. :D

You liking that "Penman Sapphire"? That is the one I have one of my eyes on. ;)

All the best,

Sean :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

there are interesting colors in there, good thing it's not available in the US so that stops the urge a bit.

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing

Simone, I didn't really deal with BungBox to any degree, other than use the links you first showed me. I used the google translator to read what I could, even though any of the translators are mediocre at best. There wasn't anything said about these being limited editions like Hougado had with 3-4 of them, but I don't know if these were one time custom made quantites by Sailor for them, or if they will be supplying them long term. I guess it depends on how big/successful that store is in Japan, and how well these inks sell.

Personally, if I was Sailor, and I saw how well those 4 seasons of 2010 sold, I would repeat that model at least for several years.

Let me show you what I meant about the BungBox Sapphire where their website says they wanted to replicate PPS. Now keep in mind, that the true PPS in my Parker Duofold is from cartridges that were dehydrated from a Greek EBay seller, and I slightly over-rehydrated them in bottom #2 PPS sample, then just went back and did a second sample with a more concentrated PPS marked as #1 on photo, also giving more PPS sheen but still not the shading as the Bungbox on Staples Eco SugarCane paper (the absolute best paper for showing sheen). I can easily see the sheening when held at an angle in person.

Also a reminder that if you want the real deal PPS, you can apparently get as much as you want from this seller in Hong Kong (he also sells in smaller quantities). I am now 100% sure he is selling real PPS.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/pike444/Inks/PPS11s.jpg http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h75/pike444/Inks/PPS10s.jpg

From the swab that you posted above, it would appear that Green Tea is in the same family as Alt-Goldgrun?

(BTW - How do you like that medium italic Duofold? We used to have one in the Pear Tree inventory, and I'll admit that temptation got the better of me and I inked it up. Man alive, that was a nice factory nib!)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1118/726404937_328386ddc6_o.jpg

Brassing Adds Character: Available by clicking on my signature.

From the swab that you posted above, it would appear that Green Tea is in the same family as Alt-Goldgrun?

(BTW - How do you like that medium italic Duofold? We used to have one in the Pear Tree inventory, and I'll admit that temptation got the better of me and I inked it up. Man alive, that was a nice factory nib!)

Let's see....comparing them in person Alt-Goldgrun has more green and Green Tea looks closer to actual Spanish (Martini) Olives in my wife's glass with hints of yellow. It is hard to describe subtle color variations with words. They are more similar than separate though.

The Saphire, Ruby, Sweet Potatoe and maybe Emerald are interesting. But I'm not sure if they're interesting enough to jump through hoops to order them.

• 1 year later...

Look what showed up in the mail a few days ago!!! :D

I'm looking forward to trying a few of them out this upcoming weekend.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af97/Saskia_Madding/Ink%20reviews/Sailor/Bung%20Box/DSC09574_zps3eeb1ac2.jpg

Wow, I like the packaging... and I dig those green things in the background ... we don't have a lot of 'em here in the Vegas Valley.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 5 months later...

I just want to go on record as saying how annoyed I am that some of them are sold only in batches of 12. When will Starry Night be available as a single bottle? I'm a sad, sad kitten. http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/cats/sad-crying-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif

Does anyone know if this (Bung Box) is in or near Tokyo?

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

• 1 month later...

Bungbox bottled inks are now available on Amazon USA! Also found their facebook page as BUNGUBOX JAPAN. Yes, BUNGU with U. Check it out.

Oh my.... I will wait until after Christmas because this would be my personal vice.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 2 months later...

Bungbox bottled inks are now available on Amazon USA! Also found their facebook page as BUNGUBOX JAPAN. Yes, BUNGU with U. Check it out.

Appears to be a past tense availability on Amazon.

• 1 month later...

It may as well be past tense--if you search Amazon for "bungubox ink", it brings up 12 varieties, but they all seem to go for $35 ish plus $22 ish for shipping.

• 10 months later...