Reynolds Trimax Gel

Ecrite

Greetings!

Reading along one day I came across a mention of the (purportedly) best Gel ink pen available. Here is the product description from the official website:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Trimax is manufactured and marketed by g.M. Pens international pvt. Ltd., an exclusive licensee of Reynolds in India. Years of painstaking research have gone into developing this breakthrough - the unique `fluid ink system`. It offers the double benefit of `3 times the writing length` than other gel pens offer and an ultimate writing experience that is much superior to that of any gel pen. It requires absolutely no ink filling whatsoever and can be easily refilled effortlessly. It comes armed with a 0.5 mm tip to deliver a seamless writing feel unmatched by any other gel pen in the market. Boasting of a majestic metallic finish, Trimax comes in deep royal blue & elegant black hues not surprisingly prompting associations with royalty and lineage from die-hard Reynolds followers. [Emphasis mine]

http://officeforce.biz/ProductImage/3ace1f3f-b9d6-4d4f-939a-6d68d70ad2e5.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

It is said they were created with French technology. These are very inexpensive at around USD $1.00 per pen. The MAJOR problem is where to obtain some besides India and their surrounding countries. Purportedly they are available in Black, Blue, Green and Red ink and perhaps others. The Gold pen is probably only available in Black but the regular Trimax most likely has all the colours.

In case anyone is able to supply - please advise. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Ecrite

Rotring 600 Black all the way!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ecrite

• jimhughes

• rudrakabir

• rsk11584

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If hari317 or some of our FPN's from India can supply this, please add my name to the want list. I'm interested in purchasing it too. Looks a lot like the Rotring Tinky disposable rollerballs now on jetpens.com. The interesting part to me is the series mimics the old Rapidiograph Tech pens in nib width. Availability is 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5 mm nib widths. Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I have some of these and could buy more. Maybe i could send it over if shipping and pricing could be decided upon.

Pm me.

Kabir

Current ink:Noodlers polar black

i had received this pen as gift from my uncle in JAn 2011, MRP was Rs.60/- which is costly as compared to indian currency and other gel pens which Cost 10-20 Rs.

But it surely writes great and i love its flow ;) and its cartridge has a huge capacity than other gel pens and it claims to write 3 times more than any other normal gel pen and its ink quality also very good, it says refilllable ink but its not possible to refill it, you have to buy new cartridge for Rs.20/- but it is worth to buy new cartridge than buy new gel pen 3 Nos @ Rs.10 each . Rs.30/- so if anyone wants to try this pen whoever is going to buy for you ask them to buy cartridges also, and if in your country these cartridges are not available you wont be able to use them for more time, this time when the cartridge gets over I am going to cut it off and see if normal ink can be used in that pen or not, for that first will have to use that cartridge fully ;) ... IF normal ink works then we can use it as a normal ink pen also.. because the ink inside cartridge is very free flowing unlike other gel inks which is more viscous ..

post-77606-0-36994800-1319420255.jpg

post-77606-0-32488800-1319420265.jpg

• 1 year later...

I have both the Reynolds Trimax blue and black, and I brought them over from India to America while I was visiting relatives there, the first time i ever got interested in pen collecting is because of this pen so it is quite special to me. I must say it writes exceptionally well but the think i notice is that the black ink tends to spread out on the page more than the one with blue ink.

Now ell about where to get get the pen,I must say that getting the pen in America is really hard, you have to try places like tigerpens and jetpens maybe even ebay. The best thing to do is either go to India or get similar pens like the parker vector which have better ink (ink not really gel).

• 6 months later...

I finally obtained a few of these pens. By accident I had met someone who was travelling to India for a few weeks and returning. Very graciously he offered to obtain some for me. They write smoothly but I am not sure they are better than an INC Magnatank or R2 Roller Ball from Peachtree Playthings of Atlanta Georgia. These latter Roller Pens are sometimes available at Walmart, Dollar General and Dollar Tree in the States. Magnatanks and R2's can be difficult to find in 0.5 but more often found with a 0.7 ball.

I am grateful for the Trimax Pens having received black and blue ink colous but they also make green and red ink which I wish I could purchase as well. I can also use a reference to purchase refills for them. (The Magnatank and R2 are disposable non-refill types.)

• 3 years later...

Meanwhile.....several years later.....GM Pens of India decided to end their licensing agreement with Reynolds of France which is a subsidiary of Sanford of America and is now making their own line of pens supposedly the exact same pen but with a different name. The new name is Rorito and the pen is a T-Max. I have read one review that said the ink is not quite the same. I also presume they will sell their pens to anyone now that there is no longer a restrictive license agreement in place. I have seen them on eBay currently.

On the company's website they are saying the Schneider Company of Germany is responsible for the technology. It is not known if they mean the whole pen or just the ink or just the rest besides the ink.

Now I must try these new branded pens. I wish to compare them in smoothness with the Uni-ball Vision, the Pentel Energel, the Pilot Precise V5 and the Pilot G2. I know some are Roller Balls and some Gels but I cannot perceive the difference. The technical abilities (acid-free, bombproof, particular shade of colour etc.) of the ink does not interest me.

If anyone has made any of these comparisons please advise. Thank you in advance.