Nos Eversharps From The 1950S W Flexy Nibs

terim

I've been told it's not as flexible as a Namiki Falcon, just to warn you. I don't know the Falcon myself, so I can't say from first hand experience. My only point of comparison were the Skyline flexible nibs, and vintage Watermans.

Test the flex before inking it, and you can always return it for a refund.

I'll try to get a writing sample posted on my web site as soon as I get enough sacs to ink up all the sizes. It won't be pretty or very graceful, but it might give you an idea of line variation.

Thanks

TERI

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m496/gclef1114/Scans/PTDC0079.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• terim

• JonSzanto

• GClef

• WOBentley

GCLEF----Excellent, excellent, sample, thank you!

Was that a Black Swan ink in the first sample? And were there any railroading issues to speak of?

Really appreciate that you did this!

GCLEF----Excellent, excellent, sample, thank you!

Was that a Black Swan ink in the first sample? And were there any railroading issues to speak of?

Really appreciate that you did this!

Thanks.

Waterman Havana.

Any railroading I got was the result of my tweaking the pen to make it a slightly drier writer.

I can confirm that they are flexy indeed! The burgundy fine nib is as good as my Falcon. I cleaned her out, according to the included instructions, filled her up with PR Plum and I am in heaven! Love the look and the flex. I'm tempted to get another... Maybe a medium. No. I am way over budget. But maybe...

Hope you get in a nice medium.

PS Thanks, Teri!

Edited by januaryman

It is easier to stay out than get out. - Mark Twain

I'll work on some mediums tonite, I promise. I think I have black and burgundy with the gold trim (model 713) and some blue with steel trim (model 913).

FYI Everyone -- the pens with the steel trim are actually model 913, so that's where to look for them on the web site. The steel trim pens did not survive their years in storage as well as the gold trimmed ones, so there will be less selection.

The reception received by these pens has been immensely gratifying! I'd worried that I had oversold the flexiness, but apparently not.

Thanks a bunch!

TERI

Teri,

I wish I hadn't just spent a bunch of money on some pens/inks in the past week otherwise I would've loved to have gotten one of those!

Derek's Pens and Pencils

I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

Got myself a 713 Burgundy with a Fine nib :cloud9:

And while I'm there, decided to also get a Bexley Corona piston-filler in Summer Sunset. Using the promo code provided, a $15 discount was given :thumbup:

Now the wait......:puddle:

Shahrin B)

The reception received by these pens has been immensely gratifying! I'd worried that I had oversold the flexiness, but apparently not.

Well, I don't think you oversold it, but let's give some props: it was GClef's demo of the Fine w/Flex that caused me to pull the trigger. I assume you saw my order come in.

Of course, this now means that GClef is on my bad list.

:D

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

Thanks for the update, Manny, I'm glad the XF didn't disappoint since I know you're an XF kinda guy!

If you need to swap that 2nd fine you got for another XF, just let me know so that I can set one aside for you.

And of course, thanks for the writing sample!

TERI

GClef, you sold me on an XF! My writing isn't as fab as yours though. :notworthy1:

"We're out of cornflakes. F.U.' It took me three hours to figure out F.U. stood for Felix Unger!"

Here's something interesting: I inked up a broad for the first time and let out a squeal when I saw the line. It's not the typical writing-with-a-BB feel, it's got a nice cut so it's like a smaller more rounded stub. I'd love to hear feedback from someone who got a broad.

Thanks!

TERI

Any writing sample from the Broad?

GClef, you sold me on an XF! My writing isn't as fab as yours though. :notworthy1:

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m496/gclef1114/Scans/PTDC0086.jpg

I'd just as soon not have my writing sample appear on the same page as Manny's, but here goes. The grid on the sample below is 1/8 inch.

http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae215/terimorris239/Wahl%20Eversharp/writing_sample.jpg

TERI

That's a great comparison Teri. The Broad seems pretty similar to the Stub, so I don't feel like I missed out by not getting a Stub.

"We're out of cornflakes. F.U.' It took me three hours to figure out F.U. stood for Felix Unger!"

The tactile feel is a little different .... you feel some of that nice stub "drag". But I may not have flexed the stub as much as the broad, because the line variation you see from the stub is all due to the cut of the nib.

TERI

XF now on it's way to join it's F sibling (due to GClef!).

But...I Really want a stub!

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb204/EnvoyC/FP/ever_ty_demo.jpg

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

The XFs sold out this weekend, so I've added a few more. You'll also find a few black stubs for the 713 pen, so don't delay!

(One stub per customer please, we're trying to spread the love around.)

TERI

Edited by terim