#2 JefferyS

JefferyS

"Don't tase me, bro!"

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:21

I like italic better, but his plate is full at the moment. But that paper in primo!
Jeffery
In the Irish Channel of
New Orleans, LA

#3 SlipyNaricis2112

SlipyNaricis2112

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:11

It's certainly straight.

#4 spiv

spiv

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:53

That is a good hand, thanks for linking... but Mr. Smith is right - the man needs a stub, at least.

#5 meowmda

meowmda

Pen Freak

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:52

Pretty good for a lefty :bunny01: (ducks)

I think it looks really good. Plenty of character, and still legible.
"We're out of cornflakes. F.U.' It took me three hours to figure out F.U. stood for Felix Unger!"

#6 beak

beak

R82105N

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:05

Pleasantly surprised by this - not what I was expecting at all. Very neat and honest-looking script, IMO.

I don't go along with the claims of graphologists at all, but I think there's no denying that our handwriting does cause an impression to be formed about the writer. Unfortunately, that impression could be quite false - though I don't mean in this case, just generally. I think this handwriting makes a very good impression.
Sincerely, beak. God does not work in mysterious ways – he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.

#7 ethernautrix

ethernautrix

Be the Pen Posse you want to see in the world.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,700 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:28

Oo, I think his handwriting is lovely. Very pleasant to look at.
I ink; therefore, I am
Fleekair <--French accent.

#8 Yuki Onitsura

Yuki Onitsura

I ink, therefore I am

• Member - Gold

• 2,465 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:34

That's quite nice. Very clean.

Yuki
Posted Image
Follow me on twitter! @crypticjunky

~And the words, they're everything and nothing. I want to search for her in the offhand remarks.~

#9 The penner

The penner

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:20

And Norway was among the safest countries in the world. Really a pity. I fancy living in Norway someday.

I love the hand, seen it once before. If you stubbified that...
K.M.J

#10 WendyNC

WendyNC

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:55

It is a nice hand--can you imagine how it would look if we could get him to quit with the rollerballs and convert to using real pens, as we do?
I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

#11 WhiskeyMan

WhiskeyMan

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:28

It looks nice and legible. However, I am also left with the impression that it is immature, naive, and indecisive.

This has nothing to do with my opinion of him or politics in general, just the hand.
Old Sport

#12 DAYoung

DAYoung

philosopher/author

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:50

It looks nice and legible. However, I am also left with the impression that it is immature, naive, and indecisive.

This has nothing to do with my opinion of him or politics in general, just the hand.

Interesting. I don't see that at all.

Can you point to the specific qualities of the script that give you these impressions?
Damon Young
philosopher & author
OUT NOW: Philosophy in the Garden

Posted Image

#13 WhiskeyMan

WhiskeyMan

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 07:20

Can you point to the specific qualities of the script that give you these impressions?

Equal letter sizing, very open loops, and sometimes thread-like letter connections.

What do you see?
Old Sport

#14 DAYoung

DAYoung

philosopher/author

• Member - Gold

• 1,373 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 09:21

Equal letter sizing, very open loops, and sometimes thread-like letter connections.

What do you see?

I noticed the regularity and open loops. But they gave me an impression of constancy and friendliness!

I didn't notice the thread-like connections. Are they what suggested indecisiveness?
Damon Young
philosopher & author

Posted Image

#15 beak

beak

R82105N

• Member - Gold

• 2,102 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:09

....... the impression that it is immature, naive, and indecisive.

I also find your take interesting. Is the impression intuitive and personal, or is it based on any standard (textbook) graphology principles?
Sincerely, beak. God does not work in mysterious ways – he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.

#16 Koshy

Koshy

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:57

I find your observations very interesting. And the reasoning for arriving at the conculsions.
This writing looks very similar to that of my wife of 35 years. She is anything but immature and indecisive!
I wear my Pen as others do their Sword.
John Oldham

#17 WhiskeyMan

WhiskeyMan

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 20:06

[quote name='DAYoung' timestamp='1313054495' post='2065808']
[quote name='WhiskeyMan' timestamp='1313047245' post='2065757']
[quote name='DAYoung' timestamp='1313045422' post='2065744']
[quote name='WhiskeyMan' timestamp='1313044133' post='2065738']

This comes from observation, some reading, and some things someone told me once. I'm not a graphologist, so I'm not going to defend myself too much.

The thread connections aren't actually that prevalent here, but from what I've read, they indicate indecisiveness. I've never really observed it, so I can't really stand by it. I see what you mean, DA by the the loops, but they are so round, and combined with the relatively short letters, they seem to indicate something else as well. I definitely agree with you though that the regularity and loops show friendliness and honesty.

The thing that made the biggest impression on me was the letter sizing and height. It's small which is un-leaderlike. Also, the letters that are all the same height, like I mentioned before, show a lot.
Old Sport

#18 DAYoung

DAYoung

philosopher/author

• Member - Gold

• 1,373 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 21:20

This comes from observation, some reading, and some things someone told me once. I'm not a graphologist, so I'm not going to defend myself too much.

The thread connections aren't actually that prevalent here, but from what I've read, they indicate indecisiveness. I've never really observed it, so I can't really stand by it. I see what you mean, DA by the the loops, but they are so round, and combined with the relatively short letters, they seem to indicate something else as well. I definitely agree with you though that the regularity and loops show friendliness and honesty.

The thing that made the biggest impression on me was the letter sizing and height. It's small which is un-leaderlike. Also, the letters that are all the same height, like I mentioned before, show a lot.

What do you think of this one?

Posted Image

Damon Young
philosopher & author

Posted Image

#19 WhiskeyMan

WhiskeyMan

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 22:39

Posted Image

I see an optimist who is thoughtful/analytical. High Determination.

I think this person is secretive, and prefers (or maybe just ends up in) isolation. Perhaps likes to work alone? Doesn't care much for the opinions of others as he is more focused on his own. Not incapable of dealing with other people, but puts on a certain face and covers up what is most personally important.

I'm not sure on this one, but I think there may be issues with discipline.

Just speculation.

~WhiskeyMan
Old Sport

#20 WhiskeyMan

WhiskeyMan

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:19

Posted Image

Who is this? I can't read it.
Old Sport

#21 DAYoung

DAYoung

philosopher/author

• Member - Gold

• 1,373 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:08

Posted Image
Damon Young
philosopher & author

Posted Image

#22 WhiskeyMan

WhiskeyMan

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:14

Posted Image

Ok. I'm going to say I made some good calls. What do you think?
Old Sport

#23 WhiskeyMan

WhiskeyMan

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:21

Ok. I'm going to say I made some good calls. What do you think?

Very different than Obama.
Old Sport

#24 DAYoung

DAYoung

philosopher/author

• Member - Gold

• 1,373 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:59

I think this person is secretive, and prefers (or maybe just ends up in) isolation. Perhaps likes to work alone? Doesn't care much for the opinions of others as he is more focused on his own. Not incapable of dealing with other people, but puts on a certain face and covers up what is most personally important.

Just speculation.

~WhiskeyMan

High determination, yes. Although odds on the writer was an important historical figure. Hence, someone of note: highly determined. Obama and Winston have this in common, as do most folks we bother to remember.

As for isolation and solitude, I'm not sure He spend a great deal of WWII 'in session', working with others. This also meant he was capable of listening to important advisors - so if he valued his own opinion (which he certainly did), he also relied on others'.

Putting on a face. I suspect so. But don't all individuals of historical significance? I'm most all your presidents have to.

As for discipline, possibly. His father saw him as a slacker. But as far as I know, he was disciplined as a soldier and leader.
Damon Young
philosopher & author

Posted Image

#25 WhiskeyMan

WhiskeyMan

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:20

Just speculation.

~WhiskeyMan

High determination, yes. Although odds on the writer was an important historical figure. Hence, someone of note: highly determined. Obama and Winston have this in common, as do most folks we bother to remember.

As for isolation and solitude, I'm not sure He spend a great deal of WWII 'in session', working with others. This also meant he was capable of listening to important advisors - so if he valued his own opinion (which he certainly did), he also relied on others'.

Putting on a face. I suspect so. But don't all individuals of historical significance? I'm most all your presidents have to.

As for discipline, possibly. His father saw him as a slacker. But as far as I know, he was disciplined as a soldier and leader.

OK. I'm not a historian, but I remember hearing that Churchill often did things differently than the rest of his peers. He used a different pistol, had different political opinions, strayed from his party etc. That indicates what I said.

Determination is something also seen in Obama's writing. It just wasn't mentioned because I wasn't doing a complete analysis.

Anyway, graphology reveals only the most personal attributes that someone reading a book about the subject may not see. Sure, he did what he had to do in a time of war, but does that reveal how he felt about it? He, like any other leader, is only remembered for the greatest moments.

Thanks for the sample. Keeps my skill sharp.

~WhiskeyMan
Old Sport

#26 DAYoung

DAYoung

philosopher/author

• Member - Gold

• 1,373 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:53

Anyway, graphology reveals only the most personal attributes that someone reading a book about the subject may not see. Sure, he did what he had to do in a time of war, but does that reveal how he felt about it? He, like any other leader, is only remembered for the greatest moments.

That's possibly true. But to back it up, you'd need to point to evidence beyond the text, e.g. biographical details.

Which illustrates one of the problems with graphology. On its own, it gives little compelling evidence - it needs more robust verification. And if this verification exists, the graphological evidence is redundant.

Of course, it might be considered a clue, e.g. a spur to dig deeper. Still, it does have its problems as a guide to character.

Having said this, it is good fun.
Damon Young
philosopher & author

Posted Image

#27 penemuel

penemuel

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:06

As a fellow Leftie, I think Obama's writing is beautiful, neat, and shows a personal style that indicates individuality/strength of personality. I don't know much about graphology, but am curious whether it takes handedness into account when it 'analyzes' someone. Those who write left-handed despite the cultural bias against it, and those who write right-handed because they were forced to will have different writing than those who are naturally right-handed, and I'm not sure those differences are looked at as fully as they should be.
Posted Image <--Member since June 2011