• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kuhataparunks

• miatagrrl

• TommyJ

• KamenRitter

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Taizo-san is definitely the man to go for Japanese pen addiction. Top-notch service. I have his ebay listing bookmarked for easy access :). Anyone has confirmed that the website is his?

Yes, it is his. As I mentioned above, I ordered from his store and dealt with him via email. Highly recommended.

I made en eBay purchase and could easily add a few items from his website, so it is definitely his website.

Edited by gavial

• 2 weeks later...

For reasons beyond description, i don't think i will be dealing with them again.

Edited by araybanfan

IG: araybanfan

• 1 month later...

I only have experience with his auctions on eBay. His prices are very good if you win the pen on auction, and I have every confidence in the fact he will deliver your pen sometime after purchase...if he is able to order it. I have purchased many pens from him. His adds are somewhat misleading in terms of delivery times, and one needs to adjust his or her expectations accordingly. Of the last four pens I won at eBay's auctions, Engeika did not have any of them in stock. All of his adds reference the fact he ships within 24 hours--but that is if, and only if, he has the pen. I have waited anywhere from 6-10 days just for the pen to be shipped. Moreover, I discovered this only after inquiring as to why my pens had not been shipped. Of course, once the pens shipped, delivery was very prompt. However, I expect to be told if an item is out of stock when I order, especially if the add states shipment will occur in 24hrs after payment. Perhaps this is just a recent occurrence, but it happened on each of the last four pens I won. I also had extreme difficulty arranging for combined shipment--in fact, it simply never happened despite email assurances to the contrary. The prices, however, were outstanding. The items were also exactly as described. In short, the seller is an outstanding resource for Japanese pens, and you can acquire the same for amazing prices in his auctions. Just be aware he may likely not have the item in stock.

Edited by Jezza

For reasons beyond description, i don't think i will be dealing with them again.

Can you elaborate somehow? It would be kind of helpful.

I only have experience with his auctions on eBay. His prices are very good if you win the pen on auction, and I have every confidence in the fact he will deliver your pen sometime after purchase...if he is able to order it. I have purchased many pens from him. His adds are somewhat misleading in terms of delivery times, and one needs to adjust his or her expectations accordingly. Of the last four pens I won at eBay's auctions, Engeika did not have any of them in stock. All of his adds reference the fact he ships within 24 hours--but that is if, and only if, he has the pen. I have waited anywhere from 6-10 days just for the pen to be shipped. Moreover, I discovered this only after inquiring as to why my pens had not been shipped. Of course, once the pens shipped, delivery was very prompt. However, I expect to be told if an item is out of stock when I order, especially if the add states shipment will occur in 24hrs after payment. Perhaps this is just a recent occurrence, but it happened on each of the last four pens I won. I also had extreme difficulty arranging for combined shipment--in fact, it simply never happened despite email assurances to the contrary. The prices, however, were outstanding. The items were also exactly as described. In short, the seller is an outstanding resource for Japanese pens, and you can acquire the same for amazing prices in his auctions. Just be aware he may likely not have the item in stock.

Thanks, that's pretty useful info....I wonder if 'kendo-karate' operates in the same way?

Thanks, that's pretty useful info....I wonder if 'kendo-karate' operates in the same way?

It's fine if you know that the pen may not be available going into the transaction. After all, you can always email the seller before bidding to inquire if he has the pen in stock, or if not, how long will it take him to get in stock. I mention this not to disparage this particular seller--I will continue to order from Engeika. Rather, most people take if for granted that a seller on eBay actually has the item he or she is selling on hand, and would never think to ask. In a couple cases I noticed looking through the feedback, Engieka was actually unable to get the pen for the winning bidder.

I ordered a couple pens from "kendo-karate", but it was so long ago I can't remember if there was an issue. I suspect if there was, I would have remembered it.

• 2 years later...

I do have a small rant and I hope I'm not stepping on anybody's toes here. Still very newb to this place

I ordered a Platinum 3776 Century Black M nib and some Asa-Gao ink on the 25 of Feb. on the 27 since I did not get a shipment notice or any communication for that matter, I wrote an email to Taizo. He answered quickly saying the pen was not in inventory and that delivery should be around 9 to 12 days.

Also that he was sorry for the inconvenience and so on.

Other pens were clearly back order at the time of my order and it showed on his web site. I did not try to order those.

To me this is not good business practice to sell what is not in store. Of course I can wait, this is not some medical supplies but when I pay for shipping EMS I do expect a swift delivery.

Hi again.

I cannot edit my previous post but lets have some further developments shall we?

Got an email from Taizo-San early this morning with the shipping details and tracking number.

I guess he was just covering himself in case of a delay when he mentioned 9 to 12 days.

I would call this a pretty fast shipping and handling after all and I'm just sorry that I cannot edit my previous post.

So I'll conclude with Yeehaw!

Thank you Taizo-San

"Il faut rendre à César ce qui est à César"

• 5 months later...

I have now been waiting a month for him to ship a Platinum Izumo. He hasn't been returning my emails for the last week either. Very disappointed because I have dealt with him before on eBay without any issues.

TJ

tommy try buying from rakuten marketplace you get same rates if not better and i am a satisfied customer.

Pilot custom heritage 74 all nibs, 742 Fa and PO nibs, 823 F 92 F,M, 3776 FM,EF,1911F

And all indian pens

I have now been waiting a month for him to ship a Platinum Izumo. He hasn't been returning my emails for the last week either. Very disappointed because I have dealt with him before on eBay without any issues.

TJ

There was a holiday or something in Japan. There is another thread floating around here with people having issues with Japanese sellers. Someone in the thread pointed out that a lot of Japanese businesses have shut down for a few weeks to take holiday and what not. This is probably the same reason.

He has an ebay account, amazon account, the website the TS said as well as http://www.engeika.com/.

I bought stuff from ebay, amazon and http://www.engeika.com/. Mostly no issues.

Though sometimes his reply is annoyingly slow. And at times when you bought the limited edition models and there is no stock, they kinda refuse to reply (I tried to buy the sterling silver Platinum model) =\

But overall alright, my workhorses 3776 (his pens are at great prices mostly) came from him in great condition =) Looking to buy my pilot inks from him (iroshizuku are at great prices as well) in September.

My version of the guide for the Pilot Varsity Nib transplantation to the Platinum Preppy

DIY Retractable Fountain Pen (Couldn't get it to work, now refilling Schmidt 888 M refills with FP inks in a Pilot G2 Limited, the ceramic roller tip is as smooth as a Firm FP steel nib, Poor Man's VP I guess)

I bought my Sailor KOP [the standard black ebonite model with broad nib] from his website this spring... I was concerned about all the text on the site about waiting months so I emailed him to let me know if/when he had one in stock which he duly did a couple of days later... he sent it out the following Monday and it spent considerably longer in UK customs than it actually did coming from Japan to England... as I expected the pen isn't sealed inside its plastic bag [see innumerable threads about this] but seemed new to me and came with its box, papers, ink, etc.! The black ebonite KOP is priced at £780 ($1295!!!) in the UK and only seems to be sold by 2 or 3 shops so no competition to cut that price... via Engeika, even counting in the customs, I got the pen at half that price... so I have very positive feelings about Engekia as he enabled me to buy what is - to me - the perfect pen [i would never have paid £780]

Of late he doesn't seem to sell so much Sailor but perhaps his stock is seasonal

Ultimately if you want to save 50% on a high quality pen [or any high value item] you are going to have to take some sort of chance unless you have a business trip to Japan planned

Worked out well for me - 5 months later I still use the KOP every day and it brings me joy each and every day

• 2 weeks later...

There was a holiday or something in Japan. There is another thread floating around here with people having issues with Japanese sellers. Someone in the thread pointed out that a lot of Japanese businesses have shut down for a few weeks to take holiday and what not. This is probably the same reason.

Thanks Lurker. He actually didn't have the pen in stock. So I settled for the black urushi model and he sent it out last week. So looking forward to receiving it.

Cheers

TJ

i had fast delivery AFTER i inquired about my pen, then they shipped that very same day. What at the odd? Why didn't they ship before? So the site is wishy-washy for me.

i waited 5 days as he advised to inquire and i assume that had i not asked the pen would have never been shipped.

I placed an order and it took a week for him to email me that he received payment. I'm still waiting for shipping confirmation, 2 weeks in :(

I'm amazed with the prices though, I hope my CH912 comes in sooner than later!!