Bexley Has Turned The Market On Its Ear!

Richard

http://www.richardspens.com/images/pens/bexley/zoomed/corona_summer_storm.jpg

Bexley has really done it this time. The new Corona is the first true American-made piston-filling pen since the Conklin Nozac of the 1930s. With Bexley’s revolutionary smooth-acting high-capacity piston mechanism, this pen will set new standards for reliability, performance, and long writeout. Go here for more information and to purchase.

sig.jpg.2d63a57b2eed52a0310c0428310c3731.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Richard

• watch_art

• Deirdre

• Brian C

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

[must......buy..........pen...........]

Jeffery

In the Irish Channel of

New Orleans, LA

Can it be disassembled by the end user to lubricate the piston?

Argh! Still no stock XF nib offerings. That looks like a new nib engraving though. How about posting a closeup photo of the nib.

Richard,

Any full length pictures of the other colors? It is hard to really tell what they would look like in the little pictures.

Thanks,

Erick

didn't bexley make some piston fillers in the past?? I seem to remember a pen with a piston knob that turned without unscrewing, like a pelikan. you just turned it one way and then the other, and that would activate the piston.

The colors are pretty beautiful looking too, that blue swirl one especially.

The Pen Is Mightier than the sword.

didn't bexley make some piston fillers in the past?? I seem to remember a pen with a piston knob that turned without unscrewing, like a pelikan. you just turned it one way and then the other, and that would activate the piston.

I think they made a limited edition one called Sheherazade, there are a few reviews of it in the review area.

The Pen Is Mightier than the sword.

Richard, do you take personal checks? I can't seem to order from your site, all I have is a cellphone.

I could see a new Corona in Summer Sunset replacing my 26 Big Red.

Edited by KenS

For what it's worth, the only bad Bexley Iown is a Ranger that I bought from Fahrney. Dry, and skips. All other Bexleys from RB are gems.

Jeffery

In the Irish Channel of

New Orleans, LA

Bexley did make three piston fillers, the Kensaki (LE for a Japanese club), the Sheherazade (regular production), and the Prometheus (regular production in very limited numbers). All three were fitted with a stock plastic European piston mechanism. The Corona's piston mechanism is brand new, designed by Bexley and made in America of brass and Delrin for really sweet operation and long-time reliability. This is why I call the Corona the first true American-made piston filler since the Nozac.

Edited by Richard

Can it be disassembled by the end user to lubricate the piston?

Argh! Still no stock XF nib offerings. That looks like a new nib engraving though. How about posting a closeup photo of the nib.

I don't think the piston should need lubrication. As for the nib, here ya go:

http://www.richardspens.com/images/pens/bexley/steel_nib_closeup.jpg

That's not a bad price at all for a piston-filler. Are all of the nibs two-tone?

See above.

Any full length pictures of the other colors? It is hard to really tell what they would look like in the little pictures.

Ask and ye shall receive.

http://www.richardspens.com/images/pens/bexley/zoomed/corona_blueberry_cream.jpg

http://www.richardspens.com/images/pens/bexley/zoomed/corona_lemon_meringue.jpg

http://www.richardspens.com/images/pens/bexley/zoomed/corona_summer_sunset.jpg

Richard, do you take personal checks? I can't seem to order from your site, all I have is a cellphone.

Yes, we do. Contact us by email for a mailing address. Be sure to specify color and nib size when you send your order, and don't forget to include your current mailing address. :)

For what it's worth, the only bad Bexley Iown is a Ranger that I bought from Fahrney. Dry, and skips. All other Bexleys from RB are gems.

We can fix that, y'know… :P

New Feature on our site!

Beginning with the Corona, you can click directly on a color chip to see a zoomed image of the pen in that color.

http://www.richardspens.com/images/shared/click_here.jpg

American-made piston-filling pen

I didn't think the were any US nib manufacturers left.

politician and idiot are synonymous terms - Mark Twain

German nibs. JoVo for steel, and Bock for 18k nibs, right?

US made piston mechanisms.

And DANG Richard! Nice touch being able to click on the other colors to see how the pen looks. :thumbup:

Edited by watch_art

American-made piston-filling pen

I didn't think the were any US nib manufacturers left.

Bexley is American owned and has been manufacturing pens in a factory in Columbus, Ohio, since 1993. They machine their own components and assemble the pens. Nibs are imported. Other companies based in Zone Interior (E.G., Taccia, Danitrio, Yafa) farm their manufacture out overseas.

Edited by Richard

German nibs. JoVo for steel, and Bock for 18k nibs, right?

Wrong. :P Bexley's 18K nibs also come from JoWo. Ands they are sweeeeeet!

FWIW, there are U.S. government requirements for an item to be called American made, and Bexley's pens definitely make the cut.