• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shaylenwilliams

• amberleadavis

• HalloweenHJB

• attika89

I found the new Yama-dori for sale at penboutique. I'm not familiar Sailors limited edition inks, but it seems a whole bunch were available.

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

I found the new Yama-dori for sale at penboutique. I'm not familiar Sailors limited edition inks, but it seems a whole bunch were available.

Yes, there was a thread about them being available again in the regular production line.

Mine is the 'new' one as well, but some say there is no sign of "reformulation", so it seems to be as great as the original.

Edited by attika89

I just bought a bottle NOS from here yesterday. I'm waiting for a bunch of sheen ink samples and my sample card system to start working on getting my inks organized. Needless to say, I'm a bit lightheaded with anticipation!

Breathe. Take one step at a time. Don't sweat the small stuff. You're not getting older, you are only moving through time. Be calm and positive.

Diamine Syrah appears to have it too, even on some regular notebook paper. Though you wouldn't easily tell from the scan (which shows up sort of a slight yellow film).

But was able to capture it via a flashlight and macro lens. To my eyes at least when I move the paper it's almost like a greenish-gold shimmer.

post-111162-0-85215700-1397250847_thumb.jpg

post-111162-0-74341200-1397250866_thumb.jpg

Edited by KBeezie

At tonight's local pen club meeting, I showed them this:post-22021-0-91161300-1397279593_thumb.jpg

Many of the members had not heard of sheen, and since they are always teaching me something about pens, this time I showed them something about inks!

At tonight's local pen club meeting, I showed them this:attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Many of the members had not heard of sheen, and since they are always teaching me something about pens, this time I showed them something about inks!

Way to show the old guys.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Trout lips on a snowy evening?

Jes kidding and haven't a clue. I've been away, going to places never ment to be (it all started with pens). Been gone so long, took me an hour jes to get back to this thread. All my pens are dry, I've gone to another paper, and brush pens are my shame. Yet, I still hold a soft spot in my heart for this one thread. I suspect I'll post something "sheeny" real soon. ;)

nulla dies sine linea

Hehe…

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/842/jwi7.jpg

I was very surprised when I happened to catch a glimpse of it in my ink log. :D

I've never been able to capture the sheen.

post-74729-0-89406900-1387438531.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I've had a thought it might had something to do with a whale... I was lazy to search for the ink itself.... :lol:

Here is an ink-drop of the Graf von Faber-Castell Moss Green

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/140416/P1180497_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Not as visible - most of the time - while writing as some other "sheeny" inks tough.

No pix (sorry -- camera appears to be on the fritz...) but Organics Studio Blue Merle appears to have a smidge of sheen on Rhodia -- I have it in a Noodler's Flex Piston Creaper at the moment, and was getting what appeared to be a silvery sheen on the part of the page where the nib was heavily flexed. I will try to remember to look at the page again in daylight, and post an update. It was very surprising to see, (that is, if it's not a figment of my imagination) coming from what first impressions suggests that it's simply a grey-blue ink with a bit of shading.

OTOH, I'm not getting *any* sheen out of Diamine Presidential Blue in a Noodler's Konrad -- even with flexing the nib on the same paper. But then, that particular pen seems to write drier than any of the other Noodler's pens in the stash, so that might be the issue.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Edelstein Topaz has a gorgeous maroon sheen to it when it goes on thick.

It appears that Noodler's Army Green should be added to the "inks with a sheen" list:

http://i61.tinypic.com/5x6igz.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/2h2nsq8.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/ekfh5f.jpg

Here is a picture of the Edelstein Topaz, and i have seen it with even more sheen than this!

http://penhabit.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/IMG_6109_resized.jpg

and heres the full review:

http://penhabit.com/2014/01/03/ink-review-pelikan-edelstein-topaz/

Edited by Techi

"Distrust, Confirm, then still be Suspicious"

Must resist to hit the buy button!!!!

If you can resist, you have more self control than i do, thats a fact (my Edelstein Topaz is in the post and should arrive by the weekend :D )

"Distrust, Confirm, then still be Suspicious"

All really nice inks!

Ben

''You can't stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes''. A A Milne