Italix 'parsons' Essential' Fountain Pen.

Lorna Reed

IIRC, the nibs are just friction fit. Mr. Ford would have to post and let everyone know for sure the policy and prices, if applicable, for ordering extra nibs since I don't recall seeing that on the site (which definitely doesn't mean it isn't there, lol).

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• papabear16

• Harlequin

• cbaytan

• pjford

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will wait on Mr. Ford himself to chime in on the matter. Being that it is an international order I would like to avoid nib exchange if at all possible.

IIRC, the nibs are just friction fit. Mr. Ford would have to post and let everyone know for sure the policy and prices, if applicable, for ordering extra nibs since I don't recall seeing that on the site (which I'm definitely doesn't mean it isn't there, lol).

On his website, there is a list of products on the left side. Three quarters of the way down is "Nib units and spares". The first listing is for the Italix pens. Spare nibs and parts (even barrels). Looks like nibs are £5 piece, regardless of the grind. That seems remarkably reasonable to me.

JS

PS I tried linking, but couldn't get it to work.

On his website, there is a list of products on the left side. Three quarters of the way down is "Nib units and spares". The first listing is for the Italix pens. Spare nibs and parts (even barrels). Looks like nibs are £5 piece, regardless of the grind. That seems remarkably reasonable to me.

JS

Just to clarify, the Italix Original nib replacements are £5. The Parson's Essential's nibs are more like £25.

JS

As jordanjay29 pointed out above, the PE, Churchman's (and, I suspect, the Captain's Commission's as well) are more like £25 before shipping, That price is after VAT though, which of course non UK customers don't need to worry about. But moreover, the order drop down menu only offers 3 nib choices. Mr. ford will still need to post in order to let everyone know if other nib styles are available as spares and if there is any price difference for them.

As a spare wondering if this is the right converter for Essential? Or are there any better options?

http://www.gouletpens.com/Standard_International_Cartridge_Converter_p/ed-converter.htm

http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.volusion.com/zecn7.jeyr6/v/vspfiles/photos/ED-Converter-2T.jpg?1373541512

One boring blue, one boring black 1mm thickness at most....

Then there are Fountain Pens with gorgeous permanent inks..

I bought and Italix on the 22nd and my order says shipped but it does not include a way to track it. Is there a way to track it? Have I missed something? Thanks. Looking forward to this. Everyone has been so complimentary about the Italix.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

I found this on the MrPen website, in the "Shipping" section:

"If you do not receive your order as scheduled, please let us know immediately we can track deliveries and in most cases take action to remedy the situation."

It doesn't actually address if the customer can track shipping, but it seems to me that if it doesn't show up by next Monday (giving it a full week), you could shoot them an email and they will track it for you. I do recall another that when Virtual Pen Posse member ordered one, it was delivered within 5 days- but they are on the European continent so I'm sure it would take a couple days longer to get the the US.

As a spare wondering if this is the right converter for Essential? Or are there any better options?

http://www.gouletpens.com/Standard_International_Cartridge_Converter_p/ed-converter.htm

http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.volusion.com/zecn7.jeyr6/v/vspfiles/photos/ED-Converter-2T.jpg?1373541512

I'd say this isn't the right one. The Parson's I've got has no metal collar at the top end.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pinks-bottle_200x159.jpg

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

I bought and Italix on the 22nd and my order says shipped but it does not include a way to track it. Is there a way to track it? Have I missed something? Thanks. Looking forward to this. Everyone has been so complimentary about the Italix.

Yeah, there's no tracking information on your side. Since you're in the US, give it 1-2 weeks to arrive, Customs can be brisk or slow depending on the time of day, moon cycles or which sports team is trading whom. Mine arrived in about 7 business days.

I'd say this isn't the right one. The Parson's I've got has no metal collar at the top end.

The metal-collared one is almost certainly going to be a better fit for those who have issues with the standard converter leaking. They are the same type of converter but the one on the Goulet page is much higher quality.

Robert.

I found this on the MrPen website, in the "Shipping" section:

"If you do not receive your order as scheduled, please let us know immediately we can track deliveries and in most cases take action to remedy the situation."

It doesn't actually address if the customer can track shipping, but it seems to me that if it doesn't show up by next Monday (giving it a full week), you could shoot them an email and they will track it for you. I do recall another that when Virtual Pen Posse member ordered one, it was delivered within 5 days- but they are on the European continent so I'm sure it would take a couple days longer to get the the US.

Thanks, Harley. I did contact them and they got back right away with a tracking number and I did track it and it does work so now I am in business. I am so looking forward to getting mine after hearing so many good things about it.

I chat with MrPen and they said this the one, for your info.

The metal-collared one is almost certainly going to be a better fit for those who have issues with the standard converter leaking. They are the same type of converter but the one on the Goulet page is much higher quality.

One boring blue, one boring black 1mm thickness at most....

Then there are Fountain Pens with gorgeous permanent inks..

Gump,

I have the 1.3 mm broad italic on my Parson's Essential. The pen writes superbly, and on the wet side which I like :)

I prefer broad italic nibs, and this one is spot on. The nib is so smoooooooooooooooooooooth :)

An absolute pleasure to write with !

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

Gump,

I have the 1.3 mm broad italic on my Parson's Essential. The pen writes superbly, and on the wet side which I like :)

I prefer broad italic nibs, and this one is spot on. The nib is so smoooooooooooooooooooooth :)

An absolute pleasure to write with !

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

Can we see a writing sample?

Girls say they want a guy with serious ink, but then pretend to be bored when I show off all my fancy fountain pens. ~ Jason Gelles

Papabear16,

Many apologies for the poor quality of the image and the barrel distortion :(

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

fpn_1374926804__dscf0431.jpg

I think I might get mine today!

P.S. I love that English guy's videos. He is right out of Central Casting! Brill!

Edited by Fabienne

That is darned nice. Are you in love? I want to get about four of these with different nibs now.

Girls say they want a guy with serious ink, but then pretend to be bored when I show off all my fancy fountain pens. ~ Jason Gelles