Photo

Italix 'parsons' Essential' Fountain Pen.

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#301 Bemo

Bemo

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 January 2014 - 21:23

Hi ya Mags,

I haven't received mine yet. I have such poor handwriting that my few experiences with stubs have been underwhelming. So I opted for the fine point and am interested to see how it writes. I have a few Pelikan's both modern and vintage so if you say the Essential hold's it's own, that's high praise indeed.

#302 cbaytan

cbaytan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 February 2014 - 21:58

Anyone here willing to exchange green cap and barrel with my amber one I dislike? Mine is immaculate as new since almost never used except coupla times, I have to ask the same. I am located in Turkey, please PM me if you intend to exchange for details. Here  are the pics.

http://www.fountainp...r-combinations/

One boring blue, one boring black 1mm thickness at most.... 

Then there are Fountain Pens with gorgeous permanent inks..

#303 CairoMN

CairoMN

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2014 - 23:23

I've had my parsons essential for nearly a year now. I use it every day at least twice a day. It looks great.
I have been using the same ink in it (diamine syrah) and have nearly used the whole bottle up.
All I can say is it is a quality bit of kit and you should get one..... Right now!
Ps I am 16 years old so you know I do a lot of writing.

#304 LeChef

LeChef

Dipped Only

• Member - Bronze

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 April 2014 - 00:29

This is great! I was looking for a new pen and did not think to check in with FPN for reviews first. Silly me! But, as luck would have it, I ended up ordering a parson's essential with a medium italic nib. After reading all your reviews it appears that I won't be disappointed. I will have to be patient though. Canada is a bit farther to ship to. I'll check back when I get it.

#305 TSherbs

TSherbs

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 00:43

This is great! I was looking for a new pen and did not think to check in with FPN for reviews first. Silly me! But, as luck would have it, I ended up ordering a parson's essential with a medium italic nib. After reading all your reviews it appears that I won't be disappointed. I will have to be patient though. Canada is a bit farther to ship to. I'll check back when I get it.

Love mine! (same as yours)