Italix 'parsons' Essential' Fountain Pen.

Lorna Reed

Fabienne, what nib did you get on yours?

Blar! Of all things...I forgot to say: Broad Italic (1.3 on the broad stroke). Lovely size for those who write large. A very smooth nib. Mind you, as all italics, it is a BIT (and only a bit) rough moving from side to side BUT it is a real keeper.More tomorrow.

And the music before Stephen's videos, I thought they were sort of generic "creepy music" which was the opposite of his cheerful videos. I am probably wrong.

Edited by Fabienne

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• papabear16

• Harlequin

• cbaytan

• pjford

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Trust me not to know the difference between creepy and profound.

I haven't heard this brand of the pen ,but it sounds nice .

Recently , I entered the FPN . I began to know more about Fountain Pen .Would you introduce more

various of brands to me .

Have you known about the brand "DUKE" ,when i browse the web , i saw more about the product detailed information about ruby fountain pen .

material : brass cap , barrel and hardware ,stainless stainless clip ,ruby

surface finish : cap etched , lacquerred ,roasted and plated ,barrel baking finish ,chrome plated hardware.

specification : L 13.9cm DIA : 1.15 cm

filling mechanism : converter

How do you feeling the brand of the pen ?

Hmmmm. Duke, you say....wouldn't happen to be Chinese, would it? Hmmmm. You wouldn't by some odd coincidence be selling them, would you? :lticaptd: You only made two posts so far and you are very new so I thought I would ask.

You will find a LOT of info on Duke in the Chinese & ROC pens subforum. I recommend you check there.

I have to say that the more I use this pen, the better I like it. Usually, I start to tire of a pen immediately but this one is very nice indeed. Ranks up there with my Mont Blanc, Twsbis, Kawecos, Really worth it!

Yes I enjoy mine which has the medium italic nib, thinking about the medium cursive stub now.

Yes I enjoy mine which has the medium italic nib, thinking about the medium cursive stub now.

The medium cursive stub is the one I'm planning to go for first, though the medium italic is also tempting. :)

Not near as smooth as a Pilot 823, but then again I don't think it could be. But jolly smooth.

Pilot £157/ $240 versus Italix £39/ $59 - bit of an unfair comparison I would say!

Just placed an order for the Captians!

This place makes fiiiiiiiine pens! :thumbup:

:huh: just arrived!

Normal nice smooth nib, which is what these pens are renowned for and a good flow of ink too, but as for it being Italic, not a chance! The vertical and horizontal lines are absolutely equal in dimensions!

:(

Placed an order this afternoon for a blue one with a medium cursive stub nib. Hope I get some line variation with mine!

If there's still room, I'd like to jump on the Parson's Essential bandwagon. I received mine two days ago and I can't put it down. I ordered it based mostly on this thread and I'm glad I did. The pen is everything you folks said it was. I chose a fine italic and I was afraid the line variation wouldn't be very noticeable. I was pleasantly surprised by the amount of variation I got. Not as much as wider nibs certainly, but still quite visible. I have never used an italic nib before and I expected something of a learning curve. I was surprised how easy it was and how natural it felt right from the beginning. Mine is very smooth with just a bit of feedback, which I like. It did burp up a big glob of ink after the first few words I wrote with it, but it hasn't misbehaved since. I love the simple understated looks of the pen. I can easily imagine a Parson sitting at his desk, Bible open beside him , writing his sermon notes with a pen like this. I think this is a great pen and it represents a great value. Sorry if I sound like a fan boy, but I do like this pen.

I just got two of them in the mail yesterday (only 3 days from the UK to the US!). I couldn't make up my mind between the black and amber, so I got a black with a non-italic M nib and an amber with a fine italic. It is perhaps foolish to excessively praise pens you've only used for a couple hours, but these are bleeping fantastic! They've both been perfect from the first stroke. The non-italic M is a really fat M; love it. I hope Mr. Ford comes out with the PE in even more colors.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

~ George Orwell

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Popsjill/pens/DSCN1613_zps6661a2cb.jpg

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Popsjill/pens/DSCN1614_zps7a0bdeda.jpg

Placed an order this afternoon for a blue one with a medium cursive stub nib. Hope I get some line variation with mine!

Ooh, ooh, let me know how it is when you get it.That is exactly what I am thinking about and almost bought when my Laptop stopped the other night, then I saw that Goulet's had more stock of Ebonite Konrads so I spent my August pen budget there. :-( or is it :-)

Pilot £157/ $240 versus Italix £39/ $59 - bit of an unfair comparison I would say!

Yes BUT the Pilot isn't italic either. I think the Parson's italic is the nicest one I have ever owned.

What pen and the ink is please? All I can read is "Captain" about .

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj229/Popsjill/pens/DSCN1613_zps6661a2cb.jpg

One boring blue, one boring black 1mm thickness at most....

Then there are Fountain Pens with gorgeous permanent inks..