Stipula Passaporto

The Scribbler

All,

The Miami Sunrise version of our Stipula Passaporto is NOW AVAILABLE in store, or online. We have 99 of the original 100 left. It is similar to the blue and green ones, but it is a transparent lime yellow. Pictures will be up shortly!

Cheers,

Bert

Hi Bert,

I went to the web site and didn't find it listed. Could you provide a link

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SamCapote

• The Scribbler

• inquisicorp

• bertramsinkwell

I have a clear Passaporto and liked it enough to order a red and black swirl ebonite rollerball that fills like a fountain pen (cartridge or eyedropper) Passaporto from Fahrney's. The only problem with this on is that it doesn't screw on when posting, so the cap doesn't stay on well. You need that cap for length to write comfortably. Does anyone else have this pen or this problem?

I have a clear Passaporto and liked it enough to order a red and black swirl ebonite rollerball that fills like a fountain pen (cartridge or eyedropper) Passaporto from Fahrney's. The only problem with this on is that it doesn't screw on when posting, so the cap doesn't stay on well. You need that cap for length to write comfortably. Does anyone else have this pen or this problem?

Just a friendly reminder that all of the Bertram Inkwell Passaporto's have threaded barrels for cap posting! AND the new Miami Sunrise edition is available on our Ebay account, and soon on our store website!

Check it out here HERE

Bert

Bertram's Inkwell

Based in Kensington, MD since 1985

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one of these (a Blue Harbor) after seeing it at Bertram's 2-3 months ago. Since then it has beat around in pockets, briefcases, and even taken overseas trips without a hitch. So far it has performed flawlessly through about 4 cartridges. It doesn't get used daily and has gone a couple of weeks between writing. But it starts right up and the italic has some great line variation without being "catchy" on paper...better than a couple of custom-ground italics I have. The biggest problem is that I often forget that I have it nearby while I seek out another pen to make a quick note.

So, the FPN Passaporto is custom in what way? Are all of these varieties / customs just different colors or markings on the band or is there something else that's different?

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

Isn't that enough for a limited edition? Especially if it is the same or cheaper price than the regular one??? The FPN comes in a custom colour, with a custom engraving, and I think the Stipula Leaf is changed too but cant remember exactly.

Also all these limited editions are produced in far smaller runs than for example MBs WE Limited Editions or Auroras Optima Limited editions (several hundreds to several thousands each).

Edited by silexink

Wish list: Aurora Optima

Current inked Pens: Pilot Decimo - Noodlers BBH, MB Mozart - MB Lavender

Pelikan M150 - Noodlers Kung te Cheng

Are all of these varieties / customs just different colors

Yes. So is the FPN LE (plus an inscription/engraving) - as far as I have understood. And it's a bit cheaper than buying in a store.

As far as I have seen, some of these many different LEs have a thread to post the cap, some don't.

But it seems that the Passaporto exists almost only in LE editions. There are so many that I have lost count. LEs are its regular form of existence. :-)

Edited by mirosc

Greetings,

Michael

Gee, my black Passaporto posts with a screw on, has a "leaf" on the silver band, and just "stipula" engraved in the black. Nothing like a special or limited edition. About the same price as the FPN ones (maybe $10-15 more after shipping). Now, if it were an interesting color...

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

I ended buying the Miami Sunrise at Bertram's and it has quickly moved up to the top of my sizable pen selection. Great pen!

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

please for anyone that have bought a Passaporto with Medium and Fine nib, can tell me the tipping sizes Medium standard nibs is the same of European standard, or is similar the Japanese standard??

This can change company to company, and even from country to country. The Japanese standard, for instance, is smaller than that used by Italian and German manufacturers.... Is the same with this little pen?

TippingSizespage

Thanks in advance for answer.

pens: Aurora * Delta * Esterbrook * Goldfink * Kaweco * Montblanc * OMAS * Parker * Pelikan * Pilot * Sheaffer * Stilnova * Stipula * TWSBI * Visconti * Waterman

inks: Aurora * Delta * Diamine * J.Herbin * Pelikan * Pilot Iroshizuku * MB * Noodler's * Omas * Sailor * Visconti * Waterman

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

please for anyone that have bought a Passaporto with Medium and Fine nib, can tell me the tipping sizes Medium standard nibs is the same of European standard, or is similar the Japanese standard??

This can change company to company, and even from country to country. The Japanese standard, for instance, is smaller than that used by Italian and German manufacturers.... Is the same with this little pen?

TippingSizespage

Thanks in advance for answer.

I don't have any way to actually measure, but my Passaporto medium nibs are similar to a Platinum Preppy medium (ie- a broad fine or a fine medium)

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

My passaporto has begun leaking big drops every where from the little hole in the nib. Had quite a mess today. Can anyone think of a reason for this? I have it filled as an eye dropper. I have had trouble getting smudges on my fingers since I got it but I thought I was just holding it down too far on the barrel. Today, definite drop spurges from the nib itself. It's a fine.

Pearl's Blog: A Journey in Patience: Feline DIabetes

Feline Diabetes is a treatable condition.

<a href="http://www.felinediabetes.com" target="_blank">http://www.felinediabetes.com</a>

Chupie, sorry I can't help with the leak problem, but I'm just now learning about this pen. You said you have it filled as an eye dropper. Are there other ways to ink this pen? I'm attracted to it, but also leary of eye droppers. Maybe I shouldn't be.

Oh sorry. Somehow I missed page one.

I'll go back there for my answer.

Edited by nitnop

• 1 year later...

My clear Stipula Passaporto with fine nib arrived a couple of days ago and I finally loaded it with Diamine Grape ink. Frankly, the nib is a bit dry to my liking and I feel that my Lamy Safari Fine writes even smoother (perhaps because it's nib is on the fine side). But it looks SO CUTE that I just can't resist getting one!

Paper: Rhodia

post-104458-0-88670800-1379243920_thumb.jpg

Tracy

Regards Post #44---I have a red Passaporto that lacks threads on the cap and barrel to post. Odd. Particular to that red model? I have to stick some paper around the barrel to post. :\

Check out this new flickr page for pen wraps

W He

• 2 months later...

Wonderful, creative review. Helpful too in my decision making. Thank-you. Nice pen too, although I'm thinking of the Bon Voyage model... Any one have experience with it?

Regards Post #44---I have a red Passaporto that lacks threads on the cap and barrel to post. Odd. Particular to that red model? I have to stick some paper around the barrel to post. :\

The newest revision, which the red model is, doesn't have threads for posting any longer.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon