#31 WendyNC

WendyNC

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 03:00

One gold toned Passaporto purchased. :bunny01:
I came here for the pictures and stayed for the conversation.

#32 penguina

penguina

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 June 2011 - 04:39

One gold toned Passaporto purchased. :bunny01:

And another one here! looks like a great little warm hearted pen.

:bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Thanks to Wimg, and all of the other organisers. :thumbup:
[b] [/b ] Penguina

#33 PaulT00

PaulT00

trainee nutcase

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:31

One fine point chrome Passaporto, one Modello T with Azzurrite clip jewel, and one 0.9mm CI silver-trim celluloid Etruria ordered! Now the wait begins! Thanks to everyone who has worked so hard to put this together! :thumbup:

#34 Lorna Reed

Lorna Reed

Voluntary Verger

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:58

Modello T ordered and paid for. Can't wait! :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:
Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.
Philippians 4.8

#35 unclebrat

unclebrat

Sleeping Peacefully

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 June 2011 - 08:57

Done...Yippee!
Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain

#36 OrchidUnicorn

OrchidUnicorn

Still Learning

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:23

Yeah! Mine are ordered too! Can't wait to see them and write with them! Now I need some FPN ink to go with them.

#37 wimg

wimg

Stip Etruria nut :)

• Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,720 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:50

Why is the postage so high, especially for people not in US, CA and EU? It's almost half the price of the Passaporto!

The original shipping price actually was € 35, excluding other costs, for all countries but the US and EU countries. We managed to bring it down considerably. We actually looked into all options available to us, and this was the best we could do. You'd be amazed to find out how costly it is to ship something from Europe to countries outside the EU. And to be very honest, not even USPS is that cheap anymore - we did check pricing on shipping. At worst, with regard to countries very close to the US, we are slightly more expensive than USPS, but do note that these pens are shipped from Europe, not from the US!

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#38 KrazyIvan

KrazyIvan

Fountain Pen Sith Lord

• Member - Gold

• 2,198 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:58

Chrome passaporto here. :)

#39 Ethereal Winter Wind

Ethereal Winter Wind

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 June 2011 - 13:29

Why is the postage so high, especially for people not in US, CA and EU? It's almost half the price of the Passaporto!

The original shipping price actually was € 35, excluding other costs, for all countries but the US and EU countries. We managed to bring it down considerably. We actually looked into all options available to us, and this was the best we could do. You'd be amazed to find out how costly it is to ship something from Europe to countries outside the EU. And to be very honest, not even USPS is that cheap anymore - we did check pricing on shipping. At worst, with regard to countries very close to the US, we are slightly more expensive than USPS, but do note that these pens are shipped from Europe, not from the US!

HTH, warm regards, Wim

Still 30$USD for shipping of a pen seems a little bit ridiculous, posting anything in Australia (where i'm from) is pretty expensive(because of the small amount of people we have) but I wouldn't see it amounting to 30$, with the large number of people in the EU I would have thought the price of postage would be cheaper. Is this for express shipping or something? Could we get normal shipping? I wouldn't really care how long it takes for to get here, as everything takes awhile to get to Australia.

#40 wimg

wimg

• Admin

• 18,720 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 June 2011 - 21:07

Still 30$USD for shipping of a pen seems a little bit ridiculous, posting anything in Australia (where i'm from) is pretty expensive(because of the small amount of people we have) but I wouldn't see it amounting to 30$, with the large number of people in the EU I would have thought the price of postage would be cheaper. Is this for express shipping or something? Could we get normal shipping? I wouldn't really care how long it takes for to get here, as everything takes awhile to get to Australia.

Sorry, we can't.

Any other way would mean shipping twice, which, even if done via the cheapest route thereafter, would cost significantly more from Europe to Australia in any case.

This honestly is the best we can do. We investigated all possibilities open to us.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#41 penguina

penguina

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2011 - 00:35

Yeah! Mine are ordered too! Can't wait to see them and write with them! Now I need some FPN ink to go with them.

Totally agree! Starry night would be so good for these beautiful blue pens ( when it becomes available again...hopefully) :rolleyes:

Was descibing this lovely pen to my son, and told him it was made from Azurite.

"As-you-write" he said, "what a great name for a fountain pen."

:bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:
[b] [/b ] Penguina

#42 Pippin60

Pippin60

Still tilting at windmills

• Member - Gold

• 2,334 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 00:45

Modello T with Azzurrite clip jewel,:thumbup:

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.
- Mark Twain in a Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

#43 mlr8

mlr8

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:50

I ordered the pen and paid, now I am waiting for the pen be delivered.

I posted some parcels recently to Canada and US, for a small box with max 500g, it cost me A$23 for Registered Air Mail and A$53 for EMS. This pen I believe is to be delivered by DHL, compare with the shipping cost from Australia to US, I think 25 Euro is reasonable.

#44 ParkerBeta

ParkerBeta

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:57

Fantastic! I'm in!

*Happy Passaporto Dance*

So am I! [Just replied to a similar post of yours in another thread!]

BTW, all these folks talking of ordering Etrurias and Modello-Ts: are they all sold out already? Only the two flavors of Passaporto seem to be available now. :(
Scriptorium pens Balladeer with steel M nib
Monteverde-Goulet Invincia Nighthawk 1st-Gen with (steel) F nib
S.T. Dupont Defi with (steel) F nib
Platinum 3776 Century with 14kt B nib
Sailor Pro Gear Realo with 21kt F nib
Lamy Studio Palladium with steel 1.1mm italic nib
Monteverde Impressa with (black steel) 1.1mm stub nib

#45 pakmanpony

pakmanpony

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• Moderators

• 17,343 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2011 - 04:07

Only the ones you voted on will show up for you in the store.

#46 wimg

wimg

• Admin

• 18,720 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2011 - 11:03

Fantastic! I'm in!

*Happy Passaporto Dance*

BTW, all these folks talking of ordering Etrurias and Modello-Ts: are they all sold out already? Only the two flavors of Passaporto seem to be available now. :(

Yes, exactly.

You have access to those models which you voted for currently. Eight more days and the entire shop will open to everybody, with all models available.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

#47 RMN

RMN

Museum Piece

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,975 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:27

You have access to those models which you voted for currently. Eight more days and the entire shop will open to everybody, with all models available.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

Ok, now I am in for an Etruria and a T.

I have ordered and payed these.

Now suppose I also order a Passaporta next week.
Wil that be a totally new order, or will that be added to my other order, so no extra postage and handling cost???

D.ick

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation. :

#48 GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:56

Thanks so much, everyone!

#49 wimg

wimg

• Admin

• 18,720 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2011 - 19:29

HTH, warm regards, Wim

Ok, now I am in for an Etruria and a T.

I have ordered and payed these.

Now suppose I also order a Passaporta next week.
Wil that be a totally new order, or will that be added to my other order, so no extra postage and handling cost???

D.ick

Best to notify us in such a case, so we don't miss it. Shipping is combined shipping, no matter how many pens (we haven't heard of any limits yet :D), and AFAIK, the store calculates shipping per order. We'll have to rectify this manually.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

#50 ThirdeYe

ThirdeYe

Snail Mail Addict

• Member - Gold

• 1,556 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2011 - 20:29

Fantastic, except I don't have the money for it yet :( Bummer! I won't have the funds for a few more weeks. Will these be available for a while?
Derek's Pens and Pencils
Posted Image
I am always looking for new penpals! Send me a pm if you'd like to exchange correspondence. :)

#51 wimg

wimg

• Admin

• 18,720 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2011 - 20:38

Fantastic, except I don't have the money for it yet :( Bummer! I won't have the funds for a few more weeks. Will these be available for a while?

It depends on how fast these go, of course, but even at the current rate of take-up, I would say yes, a few more weeks should still be ok. :D

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

#52 opitzs

opitzs

Don't Panic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2011 - 21:16

Hi,

I am in the process of moving the money to be able to order (don't you sometimes just hate banks?). I guess on Tuesday I will be able to order one each. When do I have to pay my VAT? On ordering the pens or in german customs? For the latter I have to take a half-day vacation, as they are open until 3pm, the last time I was there...

Thanks
Sven

#53 RMN

RMN

Museum Piece

• Moderators

• 6,975 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2011 - 21:40

VAT was added on my checkout with PayPal.

The pens will be send from Italy, so you pay VAT in Italy, and as the pens stay within the EU normally you won't have any bother with customs.

I have ordered a pen from France once (Lewertowski) and it is just the same as if you order from your own country. I also order quite a lot of books through Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de and never have anyone to deal with but the postman.

D.ick

#54 jlepens

jlepens

Humble Calligraphy Student

• Member - Gold

• 2,145 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2011 - 21:40

Done!
Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen
Posted Image

#55 wimg

wimg

• Admin

• 18,720 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2011 - 22:29

Hi,

I am in the process of moving the money to be able to order (don't you sometimes just hate banks?). I guess on Tuesday I will be able to order one each. When do I have to pay my VAT? On ordering the pens or in german customs? For the latter I have to take a half-day vacation, as they are open until 3pm, the last time I was there...

Thanks
Sven

VAT was added on my checkout with PayPal.

The pens will be send from Italy, so you pay VAT in Italy, and as the pens stay within the EU normally you won't have any bother with customs.

I have ordered a pen from France once (Lewertowski) and it is just the same as if you order from your own country. I also order quite a lot of books through Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.de and never have anyone to deal with but the postman.

D.ick

Actually, almost correct.

Because we are e-selling, and we deal with B2B in our transaction with Stipula, we have to pay VAT at the rate valid for the countries where the pens are sent to, or rather, where the receiver holds residence. In short, everybody will get charged according to local VAT-rates. That's the law. And that is how the FPN Store has been set up as well :D. It may be different if one deals with a shop which holds stock, and which is due VAT for their stock holdings, but as we are dealing B2B, we don't pay any VAT initially, until a package crosses the border of the final destination (provided of course, VAT is due for that destination).

Fortunately, there are minimum requirements for VAT registration, otherwise we would have to do that as well - and that is very expensive and time consuming. However, registered for VAT or not, we are still due the VAT which the different countries charge, by law.

So yes, everybody will only be dealing with the postman or rather, courier, but we, as in, FPN, will have to deal with the different countries tax offices :D. And no, nobody will be charged Italian VAT rates, except for those who hold residence in Italy, and don't live in a VAT-free area in Italy (Vatican City).

Since we have to charge VAT by law, VAT will be included on your invoice, if you are due for VAT, and therefore you will have paid for VAT when you have paid for your order. It is actually added on the invoice, not by PayPal - the FPN Store software adds VAT if necessary and only then interfaces to PayPal with the correct total amount of your order.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

P.S. to D.ick: Now you know why so much testing was required... :D

Edited by wimg, 05 June 2011 - 22:36.
Added P.S.

the Mad Dutchman

#56 ParkerBeta

ParkerBeta

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 05 June 2011 - 23:49

Fantastic! I'm in!

*Happy Passaporto Dance*

Yes, exactly.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

Ahh -- serves me right for my "voter apathy!" :) Vote early and often!
Scriptorium pens Balladeer with steel M nib
Monteverde-Goulet Invincia Nighthawk 1st-Gen with (steel) F nib
S.T. Dupont Defi with (steel) F nib
Platinum 3776 Century with 14kt B nib
Sailor Pro Gear Realo with 21kt F nib
Lamy Studio Palladium with steel 1.1mm italic nib
Monteverde Impressa with (black steel) 1.1mm stub nib

#57 Bisquitlips

Bisquitlips

Bisquitlips

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:24

Well,

Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang!

Somehow I missed the voting and I am registered and everything! Ooooomph!

But I will patiently wait the time when all us commoners are allowed within those hollowed gates!

Hey you voters! Don't be buying up all the good stuff before we get there! :bonk:

Edited by Bisquitlips, 06 June 2011 - 03:10.

#58 River

River

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:54

If I don't know what you are all talking about and the link doesn't work, does that mean I shouldn't be reading this thread?

I feel left out :(
Fountain pens ~ a stream of consciousness flowing effortless onto paper.

#59 Delphideo

Delphideo

Part-time Indexer

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:47

If I don't know what you are all talking about and the link doesn't work, does that mean I shouldn't be reading this thread?

I feel left out :(

We're talking about this: New FPN Pen? More info on it can be read in the updates here. Currently the store (the link you don't have access to) is for those members that voted on the pens in the Community Feedback boards. Those topics are currently locked, but still available to read. The good news is that in a few days all non-voters will get access to the store. Voters have a 10 day head start. I think we're on day 3 of 10.
In some things in life it's better to take a Zen approach. If you think too much you won't achieve your goal, wheras if you don't think and let yourself go, it shall be achieved with ease. I find this helpful in writing, kendo and music.

#60 RMN

RMN

Museum Piece

• Moderators

• 6,975 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:30

Well,

Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang! Dang!

Somehow I missed the voting and I am registered and everything! Ooooomph!

But I will patiently wait the time when all us commoners are allowed within those hollowed gates!

Hey you voters! Don't be buying up all the good stuff before we get there! :bonk:

Wow

The voting has been around since beginning of spring on march 21st and you missed it??? :yikes:

Hope the voters leave soms scraps as this is a LIMITED edition based on what the voters ordered.

D.ick