• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• fountainbel

• ethernautrix

• somnath1077

Dear Admins and Mods,

Thank you, thank you thank you for bringing FPN back online! I've never known how much I depend on logging into FPN everyday and looking at others' pen trails :)

-Paul

Thank you all for great work and great community!!!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Not sure what caused the outage but would like an admin update when time permits.

Thankful things are working again here in FPN.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

Thank you for all your efforts to restore the database! I check FPN daily and I really missed it!

Not all those who wander are lost. J.R.R.Tolkien

Thanks for all your hard work. I can only imagine just how frustrating it must have been. Now this junkie can get his fix again!

Did no one else notice that the first two pages of this thread, for the most part, are dated May 30, 2011, talking about an outage that occurred on Friday, May 27, 2011, with a last post dated June 3, 2011?? Nothing to do with the outage that occurred on May 30, 2012 (at least that was when I was unable to access FPN this year.) fountainbel resurrected the 2011 post this morning apparently.

Very odd that an outage would occur at the end of May two years in a row... :unsure: And there doesn't seem to be any comment from admin about what happened this year....

Well, I too am very happy that the site is back and hope that we will get at least a partial explanation about what happened at some point. :thumbup:

Holly

I run my own, much smaller forum, and I can speak first hand to absolute frustration and heartache that goes with the technical problems, especially when they impact the members. Know that we know it happens and its not that big of a deal. Now treat yourself to a new pen for all the aggravation ;)

I too was wondering why people were responding to a thread started in May 2011?

Bill

To the FPN Admin Team:

Thank you for getting FPN back up and running again. Your hard work and efforts to keep us running smoothly and continuously are sincerely appreciated.

Don

I missed you guys! Thanks for all the hard work you do... especially the aweful amount of work you must have done to get back on-line. You are greatly appreciated by so many folks! Up with FPN!

Welcome back guys! Thanks for sorting it out -- you've had me worried for a while.

Edited by H. Lime

A fool and his money are soon parted: Montegrappa 300, Waterman Expert II, Omas Ogiva Autunno, Omas 555/S, Omas 557/S, Omas Ogiva Scarlet, Waterman Patrician Agate, Montblanc 144 (lost :(), Omas Ogiva Arco Brown (flex), Omas 360 Arco Brown, Delta Sevivon (stub), Montblanc 146 (1950s), Omas 360 Grey (stub), Omas 360 Wild (stub), Swan M2

I had been wondering what the heck was wrong with my PC or what I had inadvertently done to block my access to the network.

As someone who struggles to sort out small hiccups and glitches with this wretched "supertool/toy" I bow to all the committed, hard-working and knowledgeable people who have laboured and succeeded in rectifying the problems which occurred. You have the utmost respect and appreciation of myself and all of those who use the network whether they contribute or simply seek out information. To simple folks such as I you are indeed magicians.

That small dose of cold turkey was more than enough for me!

To err is human. To errrrrrrr is confusion.

fpn_1376577066__new_signature.jpg

As has been said many times here, you were deeply missed. I just found out how addicted I have become!

Thanks again for all the hard work. If I can find a place to contribute, I will. (Money, not skill or expertise!) :roflmho:

UPDATE: Found the Paypal Donate button -- But it seems I can't contribute via Paypal, it says "This recipient is currently unable to receive money." (What??!!!)

Please fix this while I still have some spare cash!

Edited by januaryman

It is easier to stay out than get out. - Mark Twain